Games FPL 24/25

Remove this Banner Ad

City GW2 vs Ipswich is the biggest pull to starting with Haaland.
I would love to have a strong squad of 2nd tier premium options - Palmer, Eze, Bowen, Gordon - who are the lifebloods of their teams.

Could go Salah for Ipswich GW1 and then over to Haaland GW2 - would be a hit but not the worst idea.

City GW2 vs Ipswich is the biggest pull to starting with Haaland.
I would love to have a strong squad of 2nd tier premium options - Palmer, Eze, Bowen, Gordon - who are the lifebloods of their teams.

Could go Salah for Ipswich GW1 and then over to Haaland GW2 - would be a hit but not the worst idea.

Something like:
GW1 - Salah 12.5m (@ Ipswich) + Havertz 8m (v Wolves)
GW2 - Nkunku 6.5m (v Wolves - and avoids City GW1) + Haaland 15m (v Ipswich)

Might be too much mucking about

Yup for sure - I wonder if they are factoring in Euros at all. Saka would get some more interest, Foden less so. Maybe Watkins more haha!
Would love to start the team i finished with! Pretty keen for more prices, alot of quality MIDs and FWD

it looks like Liverpool are into Marc Guehi.
at 4.5 he’s worth considering as a Palace defender, if he makes the move he’ll be in every team.

not long to wait now.
What happens if he switches to Liverpool but you already have the maximum number of Liverpool players in your team?

What happens if he switches to Liverpool but you already have the maximum number of Liverpool players in your team?

You have 4 Liverpools but your next transfer must reduce that number to a maximum of 3.

Just get those 4 Liverpools in and then don’t make a change until week 6 😂

Obviously you’ll lose a ton of potential team value that way!

I doubt it changes much. I can’t see players ignoring fixtures, form, injury and price changes to bank transfers for later.
You need to roll 4 times to get 5 transfers in the bank. I don’t think I did that all of last season despite saying “I’m gonna roll” at the start of almost every week.

I may end up with 3 transfers at some stage (I probably won’t) but it’ll be more a happy accident rather than by design.

I doubt it changes much. I can’t see players ignoring fixtures, form, injury and price changes to bank transfers for later.
You need to roll 4 times to get 5 transfers in the bank. I don’t think I did that all of last season despite saying “I’m gonna roll” at the start of almost every week.

I may end up with 3 transfers at some stage (I probably won’t) but it’ll be more a happy accident rather than by design.

I suppose the biggest risk with this is the obsessives will start with a template team that does well and then just sit on their team for 3-4 weeks. At the start of last season a lot of the content creators kept saying they didn't really have any moves to make because they'd nailed their team. It gives them a huge advantage over the crowd who will be making weekly moves to try to catch them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great points

I suspect it’s also a way for the more causal player to jump in and out of the game. If you fall away for 2-3 weeks or miss a deadline you can then make up a bit easier the next week, rather than letting the team go dead.

i autofilled and it had Salah and Havertz on the bench with 9m in the bank. Not sure that is the right starting team :D

Haaland call will make or break the season. Easier to start and move him out?
I think so.
At 15 mill starting without him is a long term commitment.

There’s so much you can do with the money you save but if you’re the type of manager that will get FOMO when he hauls in GW2 then you’re better off starting him.

No idea which way I’m going yet. It may come down to the preseason form of some of the 6-7.5 mill options.

random thought…Is Haaland instead of Salah an option?

Remove this Banner Ad

Games FPL 24/25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back