Current Frances Crawford killed by a ride on lawnmower reported at 3.40am - Toowoomba

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Frances Crawford's husband was removed from getting anything from her estate in her will, if he actually was estranged/seperated from her at the time of death. (possibly still living temporarily under the same roof as her whilst separated).

If he was still a beneficiary in her will at the time of death, and is ever charged with anything related to her death, their three children might unfortunately find that all their inheritance and potential inheritance from both their parents (assuming that they are the bio kids of both of them), get eaten up in legal costs.

It’s a bit like the Olympic cyclist story, very very quiet
Yep that went quiet very quickly didnt it. They mentioned her a couple of times during the women’s cycling team race the other night. Nothing screams “the truth is stranger than fiction” louder than a quick glance at the BF Crime forum.

Has there been any pictures of the model of lawnmower?
Yeah there is a photo in the news article in the opening post, of a little Husky being towed away. Or do you mean specific model number?

Attachments

• IMG_0215.jpeg
    IMG_0215.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But honestly no one is mowing their lawn at 3am
But there’s actually nothing to say that she Was Mowing or Was Mowing at night.

All media reports have stated that a 000 call was made around 3am saying she had been found in an accident which involved a ride-on-mower.
It seems logical that someone using a mower would be mowing, but it’s not an absolute.
I’m also confused as to whether she was already deceased when paramedics got to her, or not - due to the conflicting reports previously referenced.

Either way, it’s a very sad situation and I feel for her kids, her family & friends, and also her patients.

I’ve been curious about how long they have lived at that property in the Toowoomba vicinity (or perhaps how long She has, if what a previous poster hinted at is ‘fact’) ..
She apparently grew up in Toowoomba, married an RAAF pilot & in typical DF fashion they lived in various places across Qld, as well as in Sydney & Adelaide.
There’s a big RAAF base just outside Adelaide, primarily focused on air warfare and surveillance in our Aussie air space.
There are various options in NSW, but my guess is Richmond - the RAAF base is about 50km out of Sydney and is home to various intelligence & communication units, as well as being the main transportation hub.

Yep, check out page 13. He was obviously doing very well in the RAAF in 2014.

Rob Crawford, Squadron Leader & Staff Officer for 84 Wing, which covers the No 35 Spartan Squadron, leading a united training mission in Missouri.
No. 84 Wing is a Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) transport wing. Coming under the control of Air Mobility Group (AMG), it is headquartered at RAAF Base Richmond, New South Wales. The wing comprises No. 35 Squadron, operating Aliena C-27J Spartan transport Aircraft;
I may have answered my own question as apparently The latest Aircraft to make its home at Amberley after relocating from RAAF Base Richmond was the No 35 Squadron C-27J Spartans in early 2019.
He was leading that No 35 squadron at Amberley as per the Aug 2021 announcement of the sister program with PNG, that his photo was taken from by DM. https://www.contactairlandandsea.com/2021/08/03/squadrons-family-expanded/

So what’s with the month of July I wonder :

July 2023 Police were called to an incident at Thomas Rd.

30th July 2024 Police were called to an incident at same address that resulted in the death of FC.

I’m quite surprised that no one is saying anything. There must be people who know / knew one, other or both of them, separately & as a couple. I guess they’ve given their intel to Police, certainly no need to satisfy my curiosity.

God Bless Her, and whatever the cause, I hope her family can take solace from the fact that she rests now, at peace always.

Has any one heard any updates on this sad situation?

I can’t believe the silence surrounding it, not even any further comments from locals, colleagues or family of either Frances or her husband. I think there must be a media blackout.

I wonder has she been laid to rest or if family are still waiting on the release of her body.

I can’t believe the silence surrounding it, not even any further comments from locals, colleagues or family of either Frances or her husband. I think there must be a media blackout.
With a serving member of Australia's armed forces involved, it's hardly surprising.

Doesn’t seem right to me though. It’s not as if she was the one in ADF & something happened in that employment.
Found this info on another forum.

Maybe ADF legal/legals have categorised protected identity (PID) status on Frances husband/estranged husband?

'Defence Protected Identity status, also known as PID status, is a Defence policy afforded to some current serving Australian Defence Force (ADF) members. This is to protect current sensitive Defence capabilities and effects, our operations, the partners we operate with, as well as to safeguard the security of individuals and their families.'

Last edited:
Found this info on another forum.

Maybe ADF legal/legals have categorised protected identity (PID) status on Frances husband/estranged husband)

'Defence Protected Identity status, also known as PID status, is a Defence policy afforded to some current serving Australian Defence Force (ADF) members. This is to protect current sensitive Defence capabilities and effects, our operations, the partners we operate with, as well as to safeguard the security of individuals and their families.'
I’ve seen this info and the suggestion, but I don’t believe it applies to Fl Lt Crawford.

This ‘protected identity’ is for particular serving members of the Special Operations & Special Forces ( e.g. SAS etc) who are engaged in these roles.

‘Personnel within Special Operations Command who hold public facing positions are not afforded Defence Protected Identity status’ - and imo his role as the leader of the #35 Squadron at Amberley RAAF base is certainly ‘public facing’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Frances Crawford killed by a ride on lawnmower reported at 3.40am - Toowoomba

Remove this Banner Ad

Back