franklin and hodge wouldnt get a game at geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some good players down at Geelong, particularly Ablett, Scarlett, Corey, Bartel and Ottens.

However, let's be clear, Mooney, Lonergan, Varcoe, Rooke and Stokes wouldn't get close to a game at Hawthorn.

LOL!

Let's be clear, the only players that would get a game in the Geelong side from Hawthorn would be Hodge, Franklin, Roughead and perhaps Mitchell or Shotgun Williams. Bateman is in good form too, I'd take him maybe aswell. Every other position though we have you comfortably.

That being said, whoever the threadstarter is, he is crazy.

Take out the entire Geelong forwardline bar Steve Johnson and then put in Hawthorn's minus Osborne.

Then:
Hodge in for Milburn down back.
Bateman in for Stokes (Stokes is good but Bateman is better).
Mitchell in for Selwood (Selwood is good but Mitchell is better).
Brad Sewell for Max Rooke (Rooke is good but Sewell is better).
Campbell Brown for Josh Hunt.

That would probably be my combined team.

OK may have got it wrong on the Crawford over Enright but my other predictions would be supported once the Hawks win it this week.

Would'nt it be fantastic if Hodge and Buddy have blinders this week and have huge influences in a win over the pussies on the most important day of the year. Gutless Cats fans showing so much disrespect to two awesome footballers, not even a year ago is coming back to bite them SO SOON.

You were also wrong on Sewell before Ling, and Croad before Egan.

johnson?

hawkins and nathan are both better players as well

to make the side balance you need stokes

hodge in our best 5 ahahahahahha
he not better than
bartel
ablett
scarlet
johnson
chapman
ottens
ling
corey
egan
mooney

not even in our top 10
FIRST - i don't support either club...

You are surely kidding???
Hodge fits into the top 2 or 3 players there quite easily, i would pick Ablett before him, because he can change a game, like Hodge can, Bartel on the other hand doesn't really change games. The rest are not in the same league as those three (Chapman is close), so not worth speaking of. (i can't beleive you put Corey in that list??? are you related? and Fantapants Ling wouldn't beat My Nan in a race.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk about getting cocky, If Byrnes and Harley can get a game for the cats then Simon Wiggins would be in for a chance at the cattery.
Hodge and Franklin would be definate starters. :thumbsu:

What a stupid thread, Hodge and Franklin would be walk up starters in Geelongs side and anybody that doesn't think so knows nothing about footy.

Rook

when you actualy think about there is no room for franklin and hodge in geelongs best 22 which is amd up of the number 1 defence,forwardline and midfield in the afl.

Lets start with franklin hes not going to take the spot of mooney or johnson they are both AA's and franklin is not.Hawkins is the player of the future and chapman and stokes are both small crubming forwards.That means there is only 1 spot left its nathan vs franklin and nathan is a premiership player who kicked 3 goals in a gf and also has alot more improvement left in him than franklin "that mark shows the talent of the kid"

what about hodge ? well hes not in the same league as bartel and ablett they are both match winners, than theres corey and ling who are both AA's so that 4 sposts taken.lets assume their is total of 7 midfielders in the side, than we have selwood who showed more leadership in geelong finals series than hodge did in hawthorn's and than we have the pace of wojinski who is staying so that means its down to kelly vs hodge, kelly was one of geelongs best players in the gf which is why he gets the nod ahead of hodge with his semi final performance

this is a joke yer??

This is a great thread, geelong crazy is one of the best posters on here. While he bleeds blue and white, he keeps his bias in check and provides us all with thoughtful observations

I totally agree with his original point, Hodge is soft as Butter and Franklin is a one year wonder

when you actualy think about there is no room for franklin and hodge in geelongs best 22 which is amd up of the number 1 defence,forwardline and midfield in the afl.

Lets start with franklin hes not going to take the spot of mooney or johnson they are both AA's and franklin is not.Hawkins is the player of the future and chapman and stokes are both small crubming forwards.That means there is only 1 spot left its nathan vs franklin and nathan is a premiership player who kicked 3 goals in a gf and also has alot more improvement left in him than franklin "that mark shows the talent of the kid"

what about hodge ? well hes not in the same league as bartel and ablett they are both match winners, than theres corey and ling who are both AA's so that 4 sposts taken.lets assume their is total of 7 midfielders in the side, than we have selwood who showed more leadership in geelong finals series than hodge did in hawthorn's and than we have the pace of wojinski who is staying so that means its down to kelly vs hodge, kelly was one of geelongs best players in the gf which is why he gets the nod ahead of hodge with his semi final performance
OK your 18 right?Well that being the case ill let you off....but thanx for the laugh:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

franklin and hodge wouldnt get a game at geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back