Franklin or Deledio

• Franklin

Votes: 47 43.5%
  • Deledio

Votes: 61 56.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Potential is a dirty word.

Franklin has the potential to play key positions all over the ground - ie midfield, ruck, forward, back - where as Deledio is confined to more of a running/midfield role, and cannot play CHF, FF, CHB that Franklin has the potential too. After this season the answer is obvious; Deledio is a fair bit in front of Franklin. But as we all know, KPP take longer to develop too, so after 2006, even 2007, we might be able to get a better indication.

Deledio does, he already is playing for his country, and he can play more then a running midfield role, his about 190cm has the potential to be a very good full foward, but people will say Franklin because he is an aboriginal KPP which is very rare

brain says deledio, heart says franklin.
buddy hasn't really done anything yet, but does have the potential to be a gun.
deledio is already halfway there.

I'd love them both.

Deledio is pure class, will be a star.

Buddy could be the best of the lot, but also might just be a really handy player.

Too early to tell. 20 goals this year is a pretty good return playing around the flanks.

Deledio has real pace and skill. So does buddy but is a more raw footballer at this stage, probably use to dominating the underage league in perth... this year will tell us a little more, but comparison's are meaningless.

Franklin and Roughead should compliment each other well. Roughead the solid key position, more reliable. Franklin has more match winning ability and flare.

Franklin has the tools to be a superstar and only Buddy himself will decide whether this eventuates or not ( ie. attitude & hard work).
I'd be slightly more confident about Deledio becoming a "superstar', he's got it all, pace, skill and good size, will be capable of pinch hitting at FF,CHF as he develops.
Hawks probably need Franklin more so than Deledio at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

worthy said:
Franklin has the tools to be a superstar and only Buddy himself will decide whether this eventuates or not ( ie. attitude & hard work).
I'd be slightly more confident about Deledio becoming a "superstar', he's got it all, pace, skill and good size, will be capable of pinch hitting at FF,CHF as he develops.

Well said.

Deledio is definitely ahead.

Deledio & Griffen are the leaders of the 2004 pack at this point, but given Hawthorn already had Hodge on their list, they're not unduly suffering for the lack of either youngster (as good as it would be to have either on the list).

You're getting into dodgy territory with "potential".

Potentially, Franklin will be the most dangerous player in the competition, but there's little doubt that Deledio is the safer option both now and into the future.

Deledio will be top ten in the brownlow next year and will win tigers B & F. I would choose him.

However I've never seen anything remotely like Franklin. And it's fascinating watching him play footy. Does absolutely outrageous things sometimes. He will absolutely murder a couple of teams next year. And I have a feeling Richmond will be one of them.

These two are going to be tearing each others teams to pieces for a decade. It's gonna be so much fun to watch.

Deledio won the rising star which is basically a media award and Garry Lyon had decided who the winner was by about round 6. So I don't rate that award at all, that said, Deledio has got the tools to be a terrific footballer - speed, kicking skills (of both sides) and can find the ball. Probably will need to move into the midfield if he is to move up to the elite levels of football and this will mean he will come under a lot more physical pressure.

Franklin, on the other hand is the most talented draftee I've seen. A 196cm athlete who looks like he could run the 400m for Australia, a booming left foot kick, his ability is awesome and he could amount to anything. Strengths - running ability, thumping LF kick, ability of the ground for a big man; Weaknesses - Very left sided, I don't know if he can use his right leg; doesn't take enough contested marks for a KPP; question marks as to how he can progress in a team about a system rather then emphasising instinct and individual brilliance.

Franklin has the potential to be a better footballer then Riewoldt, he's quicker and a better kick for starters. So to the question Deledio or Franklin; it would have to be Franklin everytime. :)

Vandenbergfan said:
Deledio won the rising star which is basically a media award and Garry Lyon had decided who the winner was by about round 6. So I don't rate that award at all, that said, Deledio has got the tools to be a terrific footballer - speed, kicking skills (of both sides) and can find the ball. Probably will need to move into the midfield if he is to move up to the elite levels of football and this will mean he will come under a lot more physical pressure.

Franklin, on the other hand is the most talented draftee I've seen. A 196cm athlete who looks like he could run the 400m for Australia, a booming left foot kick, his ability is awesome and he could amount to anything. Strengths - running ability, thumping LF kick, ability of the ground for a big man; Weaknesses - Very left sided, I don't know if he can use his right leg; doesn't take enough contested marks for a KPP; question marks as to how he can progress in a team about a system rather then emphasising instinct and individual brilliance.

Franklin has the potential to be a better footballer then Riewoldt, he's quicker and a better kick for starters. So to the question Deledio or Franklin; it would have to be Franklin everytime. :)

LMAO because your opinion is so valued in AFL circles.

:p

Funny that all people who are actually associated in some way to the AFL whether its past players, current players and their peers hold it in good regard.

I stopped reading the rest of your dribble after that line, the rest of it must also be pure garbage.

worthy said:

That would be my take on it too.

Injury notwithstanding, Deledio looks a certain star. There may be one or two 'ifs and buts' sorrounding Franklin but I haven't seen that raw talent in a footballer before.

All things considered, Richmond made the right choice taking Deledio at #1. He was the standout junior and most certain AFL prospect. The fact that three clubs (and yes, that includes us at #2) overlooked Franklin and let him slide to 5 could be one of those football mysteries I reckon.

meltiger said:
Coming from someone who is named Pav for AA LOL

Fair dinkum, the most over rated player in the comp.
ok, stop right there. now i realise you may take offence from deledio being compared to franlin, because we all know deledio has some runs on the board already, but to say that pavlich is the most over rated player in the comp is bordering on autism.
pavlich is a gun.

Franklin has the potential to be anything, at worst you are going to get some good football out of him so why not take a small risk on him over deledio on the basis of the fact that he could be one of the best the game has seen..

Buddy Luv for mine..

Remove this Banner Ad

Franklin or Deledio

Back