Not open for further replies.

True Roo

Draftee
Jun 12, 2009
North Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i HOPE PEOPLE HAVE TRADES LEFT ITS STARTED GETTING UGLY

HAWTHORN star Lance Franklin will miss the next two matches after failing to beat a charge of rough conduct at the AFL tribunal on Tuesday night.
The Hawks have not yet said if they will appeal the verdict.
Franklin will now be absent for Hawthorn's virtual elimination final against Essendon on Saturday afternoon and either the first week of the finals, if the Hawks make the eight, or round one next season.
Last year's Coleman Medallist was charged by the match review panel for his third-quarter hit on Richmond midfielder Ben Cousins at the MCG on Saturday – which knocked out the former Eagle – and was given a two week penalty, reduced to one week with an early plea, an offer the Hawks rejected.
Cousins didn't return to the field after the bump, which was graded as negligent conduct, medium impact and high contact, which totals 225 demerit points and a two-match ban.
Despite a probable slight concussion, Cousins is expected to be right for this weekend's trip back to Perth play West Coast, the club he captained and won a flag and a Brownlow with.
Franklin was attempting to join a fair sized group of players who have successfully challenged rough conduct charges this season, but instead joins Saint Zac Dawson, who had a one-game penalty doubled last month after failing to make a case. Fellow Hawks Campbell Brown and Simon Taylor both had suspensions overturned, as did Collingwood's Nick Maxwell (on appeal) and Essendon's Paddy Ryder.

Just a disgrace. If Nick Maxwell can get off that pre season bump, and Buddy not, the system is just a fu*king disgrace. I was really looking forward to this game, and was thinking of going to it, not anymore. :thumbsdown:

Just a disgrace. If Nick Maxwell can get off that pre season bump, and Buddy not, the system is just a fu*king disgrace. I was really looking forward to this game, and was thinking of going to it, not anymore. :thumbsdown:
You have to understand that they have changed the rule since the Maxwell bump to stop incidents like that (whether that is good for the game or not). Therefore you can't compare Maxwell's and Buddy's bumps as it is a completely different rule.

I still don't think Buddy should've got suspended though.

You have to understand that they have changed the rule since the Maxwell bump to stop incidents like that (whether that is good for the game or not). Therefore you can't compare Maxwell's and Buddy's bumps as it is a completely different rule.

I still don't think Buddy should've got suspended though.

I realise that now you point it out, but Maxwell did break Mcginity's jaw.

the hawks should have figured out they couldn't win and just accepted the 1 week suspension and hope for luck they make the finals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back