Fremantle giving Essendon a pasting!!

Remove this Banner Ad

While I am happy with some of the effort it the last quarter you would have to say Freo took their foot off the pedal.

Overall it was an uninspired effort by the Dons.

Still we have the team to do reasonably well this year and really well next year. Some of the youngsters look exciting for our future.

If we can produce a team that STOPS getting injured (who is to blame for this issue?) then we can be a consistently good team.

31 points in the end...not really a 'pasting.' Not so good on the injury front though. :mad: :(

Nice to see Lloyd with 5 goals. But when the **** will the umpires wake up??

I'm tempted to use a lot more swear words there, but I'll refrain. I'm not happy.

Was it Alessio that did his ankle, apparently? Because I thought that too, but then it cut to it, and Ses was still on, and the guy that was near Ses had gone off - I think that's what made the commentators sound like it was Ses that had gone off. If I make any sense at all. :p

:mad:

Originally posted by BomberGal
But when the **** will the umpires wake up??

I'm tempted to use a lot more swear words there, but I'll refrain. I'm not happy.

C'mon don't blame the umps today you bloke got at least 3 super soft goals from umpiring decisions (or non decisions).

And one that we should have got when Medhurst was legged.

Originally posted by SydneyBomber
I can handle losing - and this looks like it'll end up being a belting....

BUT

why is it everytime we go to that sh1thole, we come back with injuries to multiple players?

Fletch gawn.
Rioli-Poly gone
Cupido

I haven't seen the game yet - (thanks AFL for the live coverage in Sydney BTW), but for ****s sake.

Another grim trip to the house of lame.

Exactly what I was thinking. Every time we go to that joint it happens. Oh well, Im just glad it wasnt the pasting that it looked like being. Not many teams will go to Perth and win this year like last.
I am pretty happy to take a 31 point loss, after Mercuri and Barnard were late withdrawals and then Fletcher went down and the margin ballooned out to 55 odd points you have to say you would gladly take only a 31 point loss over there in this scenario.

We consistently end up with only 6-8 free kicks for a whole game. It is the same week in and week out so I am no longer surprised or alarmed by it.

If the club are not worried by it (they do not appear to have complained) then neither should we. We have proved we can win anyway!

Time to focus on our inconsistent playing instead.:(

The only way Freo is going to win a flag is :

a) If they play all their games at home..

b) or they move all finals and Granny to Subi.

Apart from that they have to be the worst travelling side in history. They can beat any team at home or over in the west..but as soon as they fly they lose.

hmmm.

Weagles did it in 92 and 94..why cant freo do it?

Another typically inept, and predictable Essendon performance on the road. I am getting sick of the garbage we send up whenever we leave Victoria. Winning one of our last 8 interstate games (most of those big losses) might be acceptable if we were around the bottom, but those 8 games have spanned a period where we havn't dropped below 5th.

We seem to keep to our game plan, but we have no desire or intent to create our own enthusiasm, and spirt, which is essential when a team is travelling.

Only Richmond have served up as many inept "away" performances over the last 2 or 3 years. I mean, seriously, can anyone name a Victorian team who travels worse than us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by SydneyBomber
We win! As TopDon said earlier,
ESSENDON - THE SAVIOURS OF VICTORIAN FOOTBALL
hehe :D

Another lazy 5 for the great one too. :)

Don't you forget it buddy!!! :p

Sooner we forget about that one the better. We were pretty much on the back foot straight off losing Fletcher and Rioli in the 1st 10 minutes. Yes we did lose (Freo won) the game in the 3rd quarter, but on such a warm day, you need decent enough rotation from the bench.

Oh well ... no excuses ... we were just plain ordinary. Only positive was Lloyd really.

I made a thread about this on the Essendon board but I'll write it here anyway.

What the **** was going on with the midfield today. Fremantle had free players everywhere especially on the wing towards the top of the screen.

I cant understand why they didnt man up, Misiti was clearly shown today how slow he is compared to todays midfielder with Headland running off him all day.

Jason Johnson has got to be the worst kick at the club and hes delivery to the forward was absolutely pathetic today, every kick was just sailing over the leading forwards head.

Peveril has played two shockers in a row and I dont think he even knows whether he's tagging or not at the moment.

Dean Solomon's performance today would have to be one he would be embarassed of on the wing, did he even get a touch?

Hird was ok in parts but nothing special and Rioli obviously did his hammy so he was pretty much ineffective.

And how did Walsh get a game ahead of Bannister or McGrath ahead of Harvey or even Richards?
On what form did the selection panel base these players on when there wasnt even a reserve game on last week.

I know this is only one game but our lack of speed showed against Brisbane and our lack of spirit showed against Carlton in which both a lack of speed and spirit were showed up today.

Originally posted by Frosties_Flank
The only way Freo is going to win a flag is :

a) If they play all their games at home..

b) or they move all finals and Granny to Subi.

Apart from that they have to be the worst travelling side in history. They can beat any team at home or over in the west..but as soon as they fly they lose.

hmmm.

Weagles did it in 92 and 94..why cant freo do it?

Can some one correct me if these are wrong but haven't Sydney beaten Collingwood 9 out of last 10 times?

Essendon beaten Collingwood 9 out of last 10 times and Melbourne hasn't won in in Geelong for 15 years?

Port doesn't do so well against the Roos as well.

I'd love to see the 'interstate' travel record as well.

My point... there are some pretty clear psychological weaknesses in other teams in the league so we are not alone. I think when we get the win we'll be ok. We've still got a lot of youngsters (gotta have the youngest/most inexperienced backline in the league) and the talent is there. It'll click eventually.

Originally posted by funky_monk
Can some one correct me if these are wrong but haven't Sydney beaten Collingwood 9 out of last 10 times?

Essendon beaten Collingwood 9 out of last 10 times and Melbourne hasn't won in in Geelong for 15 years?

Port doesn't do so well against the Roos as well.

I'd love to see the 'interstate' travel record as well.

My point... there are some pretty clear psychological weaknesses in other teams in the league so we are not alone. I think when we get the win we'll be ok. We've still got a lot of youngsters (gotta have the youngest/most inexperienced backline in the league) and the talent is there. It'll click eventually.

But the Kangaroos dont play Port Adelaide 11 times a year.

Originally posted by dave_27
But the Kangaroos dont play Port Adelaide 11 times a year.

Point taken. But it would be interesting to see how Victorian clubs would go travelling to Perth 11 times in a year.

In fact Victorian teams have been just as pathetic at Subi as Freo had been away. Its always "Freo are really good at home" but it just might be that other teams are just as bad as Freo at the 'long trip'.

Freo will win on the road soon enough. It'll come... don't worry about that.

Originally posted by eastaugh36
Exactly what I was thinking. Every time we go to that joint it happens. Oh well, Im just glad it wasnt the pasting that it looked like being. Not many teams will go to Perth and win this year like last.
I am pretty happy to take a 31 point loss, after Mercuri and Barnard were late withdrawals and then Fletcher went down and the margin ballooned out to 55 odd points you have to say you would gladly take only a 31 point loss over there in this scenario.
A message from the Blues v Hawks thread...just for you Eastaugh(next time wait until your team wins)

Awwwwwwwwwwww...............Poor Essendon!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle giving Essendon a pasting!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back