Fremantle V Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo95

My Buddy Gabby O'sullivan - A Real Go Getter!
Apr 27, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo AFLW
Well this is it for Freo, we need to cement 3rd spot.
I'm sure Freo won't take port lightly, and im sure port will come out firing, and we need to be ready for it.
We all know what happened last year, and this is such a crucial game for us.

An annual event where the "Ports" play off for a cup. Sounds great luv the idea!! .........Just think those sides like Adelaide & West Coast (composite pretenders) could have their own play off against one another.

They did play for the Docklands Shield or Cup or some similiar name. Not sure if they still do. Many years ago Sam Newman on the Footy show did have on display The Rats Clackers Cup he said we were competing with Freo for. He was right that in the 90's that's what most Victorians level of interest in the game was. But things have changed for both teams.

i do want to see fremantle in the grand final, so good luck to you's, im sure you will beat us, i just hope it doesnt get blown out of proportion...

almqvist said:
i do want to see fremantle in the grand final, so good luck to you's, im sure you will beat us, i just hope it doesnt get blown out of proportion...
I'd love to see them there, too! And it'll be even better when they do it from 7th!

Sandola said:
I'd love to see them there, too! And it'll be even better when they do it from 7th!

you guys are probabaly in a win win situation
- either the kudos of stopping our winning streak
or as another power poster said on our board if we win then we take on the crows & you guys'll be quite happy to see them eat dirt

:eek: OMG I can almost feel the lerve..... ;)

Looking forward to this weekend's game. Hope it's a cracker. Your young fellas are really having a red-hot go at the moment, and playing like they have nothing to lose. Good on 'em! Our blokes are going to have to be switched on to get that double chance... and the chance to give it to Adelaide next weekend. :thumbsu:

I'm defeatist about this game in a happy way. This is like a high powered pre-season game for us but Freo will get a tension free training drill and we'll see them here at AAMI Stadium the week after

I hope our team will come out hard and take on Freo with the same passion that they had the last three weeks.

Dont think that we have a hope of winning especially after watching the replay of the derby.:mad:

Good luck for the finals and knock the **** out of the clowns please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as Freo come out of it unscathed i'll be happy, a good training run for if they have to play the cows in the coming weeks. If there's anything we can help you with just ask?

Same goes for all finals sides!

I hope we win, and win hard!!! Always spiteful matches these ones, even the scratch match at Freo oval early in the year prouduced a big brawl. Always lots of niggles, always reports........we have nothing to lose, and only experience to gain.......its Freo under the pump, to win and win well. I guess after 12 years of rebuilding it had to come sooner than later.....but its not over yet is it........we could send em sinkin to 7th spot;) , along with a few reports, wont affect us till next year LOL.

And we celebrate 10 years in the AFL - with back to back night GF, 3 minor premiers and 1 of the big ones.......we have done only what they dare to dream about;) , so win or lose for us this weekend. It wont take us 12 years to rebuild!!

PortProudWA said:
I hope we win, and win hard!!! Always spiteful matches these ones, even the scratch match at Freo oval early in the year prouduced a big brawl. Always lots of niggles, always reports........we have nothing to lose, and only experience to gain.......its Freo under the pump, to win and win well. I guess after 12 years of rebuilding it had to come sooner than later.....but its not over yet is it........we could send em sinkin to 7th spot;) , along with a few reports, wont affect us till next year LOL.

And we celebrate 10 years in the AFL - with back to back night GF, 3 minor premiers and 1 of the big ones.......we have done only what they dare to dream about;) , so win or lose for us this weekend. It wont take us 12 years to rebuild!!

Give it to em PPWA! Dont let those one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eaters push you around.

and yes, they sure do look strange to me.

PortProudWA said:
....I guess after 12 years of rebuilding it had to come sooner than later........
Cruel PPWA. Their real rebuilding is ony 4-5 years old. They were unlucky in a lot of their off-field appointments until recently. We had Bucky, and Greg Boulton in admin. And we had Cahill followed by Chocco as coaches.

Captain Wacky said:
Unlucky, or incompetent?
In fairness to Freo they have only recently started running their own club. Would we have done as well if the SANFL had been running our club rather than ourselves?

*PAF said:
In fairness to Freo they have only recently started running their own club. Would we have done as well if the SANFL had been running our club rather than ourselves?

Didn't they originally run it all then due to the mess they got in the WAFL/AFL got involved.............

dreamkillers said:
Didn't they originally run it all then due to the mess they got in the WAFL/AFL got involved.............

Nope, the WAFC appointed who it thought would be the best Freo board.

We ended up with an ALP crony as the CEO and a one eyed Eagles supporter as chairman.

It took street marchs and a lot of protesting from the Freo Mob (Members own board) to get thing changed.

Things are better now.

Ripper said:
Nope, the WAFC appointed who it thought would be the best Freo board.

We ended up with an ALP crony as the CEO and a one eyed Eagles supporter as chairman.

It took street marchs and a lot of protesting from the Freo Mob (Members own board) to get thing changed.

Things are better now.

Thanks for that.........certainly seems like the complete wrong way to get a club started when the club doesn't get any say in who's running it.

dreamkillers said:
Thanks for that.........certainly seems like the complete wrong way to get a club started when the club doesn't get any say in who's running it.

Yep. Port when doing their startup studied what happened to Freo and found out what not to do.

For a while there and decision made by the board had to get approved by the WAFC.

We even had the WAFC asking Mick Malthouse for advice on how to improve Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle V Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back