Frenzy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gary Shadforth

Norm Smith Medallist
Veteran Hawthorn Hawks - Muston and Savage Player Sponsor 2010 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2011 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2009 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2008 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2007 Player Sponsor
Oct 15, 2003
Coolangatta Queensland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Today I have been observing the rate of posts to other Team Boards.

Since 2 pm today, the most frenzied one has been Hawthorn's.

Why is this so?

Originally posted by Grendel
Cause we suck at trading.

People always stop and look at a disaster, you should look away but you find that you just can't.

Point taken!

Whats all this

Everyone seems to be against hawthorns trades but i cant see why? This year we have had 2-3 tall backmen, one of which : graham, isn't that great anyway. WE had to play smith on tarrent. With beaumont, croad and jacobs we can use 3 of them in the backline, and all 3 are better then graham anyway. And from the start of trading hawthorn said that it wanted a player not draft picks for rawlings anyway, so i dont see how using the 10 draft pick would net us one. Overall i think we did pretty well: Our list is already pretty strong and we just needed some key pos players

People always stop and look at a disaster, you should look away but you find that you just can't.

Or because we're Proud, Passionate and Paid Up, just like our
new sig........hey Gren, what's happened to the new sig for the Teams Board???

You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait until we get to the National Draft and have our first pick. We call out the name of the player and it is usually someone that nobody else has considered. We do it almost every year. We suck at drafting even more than we do at trading.

An interesting exercise in digging up this old thread I started, buddyluv23.

Just goes to show how at the time, October 2003, how piddled off we were at the way in which our club performed at trading and drafting. Part of the disasterous Turnbull era.

Well it seems we turned it around post season 2004. What do others think?

Gary Shadforth said:
An interesting exercise in digging up this old thread I started, buddyluv23.

Just goes to show how at the time, October 2003, how piddled off we were at the way in which our club performed at trading and drafting. Part of the disasterous Turnbull era.

Well it seems we turned it around post season 2004. What do others think?
What about my suggestion about swooping onto the Hawks board?

Remove this Banner Ad

Frenzy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back