Lost_Deputy

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
Bundeena
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can we make it 6-0? YAAAARRR!!!

giphy.gif

Everything in the form guide says we should handle this one pretty easily. Essendon have been good at Subi in the past but with their midfield in poor shape we should belt them for clearances.

Not sure that I agree with the 'warm welcome'. It bit the eagles supporters badly when they tried this tactic. Play footy amd support footy. Hope we belt them in the midfield and tabs kicks 4.

Haha. Good point. Still don't think it's a great look. Kill them with the roar when zac clarke stands on tbc's shoulders.

The Eagles fans booing of Watson in that game was a disgrace and I hope our supporters are above this type of behaviour.
I think our mid-field will be way to strong tonight. Expect us to win double the clearances. Hilly will have a blinder. Walters and Ballas to kick 3 each. Mayne to kick 4.
Us by 6+ goals. Over by half time.
PS. If its close and Mayne hits the post again, I may require counselling ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got nothing against Hird or Essendon, but I'll still yell at them for playing against us and various reasons I come up with.
Still think Pav might be a late out for Griffin, but we shall see.
I'm expecting a pretty close game. Think our midfield will prove too good & Ballaz will snap his slump with 4 goals (including 1 contender for GoTY).
Freo by 4 goals.

If pav wasn't playing we would not replace him with griffin. Griffin is our second ruckman. Clarke is a forwrd /ruck. Hannath is now a forward /ruck. Griffin will only replace sandi.

I don't think this game will be as 'easy' as many think..
Easy relative to the fact that it is an AFL game and nothing about winning games of AFL is easy.
Easy in the way we made it look easy taking care of Geelong in Geelong.
We are a better side in every statistical category and most importantly Essendon's midfield is in poor shape with key outs. They were beaten in contested ball by Saint Kilda. We have arguably the form midfield of the comp.
So given that they have to play 100 or so minutes of relentless, physical AFL football against another professional team trying to do the same then this should be relatively easy as wins go. Ross has a well oiled machine rolling in purple.

Easy relative to the fact that it is an AFL game and nothing about winning games of AFL is easy.
Easy in the way we made it look easy taking care of Geelong in Geelong.
We are a better side in every statistical category and most importantly Essendon's midfield is in poor shape with key outs. They were beaten in contested ball by Saint Kilda. We have arguably the form midfield of the comp.
So given that they have to play 100 or so minutes of relentless, physical AFL football against another professional team trying to do the same then this should be relatively easy as wins go. Ross has a well oiled machine rolling in purple.

Until hird instructs his team to throw a spanner in the works.
It could get ugly. I hope for no injuries or suspensions and a good game of footy.

I don't think this game will be as 'easy' as many think..

Yeah I agree.

It's like playing the Eagles but a slightly better version. Can you smash them hard enough in the midfield to prevent enough decent service to Carlisle and Daniher getting up and about? If they do we could have serious problems.

Their backline will be tough to crack as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back