Frustrating game to listen to...good signs though

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
S.A Spurs, Liverpool
Sounds like a game we could have won with a bit more class.
Petrie kicks 4.2 rather than 2.4 and we're much closer
Pratt doesn't cough it up stupidly and we're much closer

Was the umpiring as bad in the last quarter as it sounded?

How do you let Mooney kick 7? We need a defender who can take a key tall forward so that we don't give players like Bradshaw, Brown and Mooney 5 goals before the siren's even been blown.

Obviously I only heard the radio broadcast, but it sounded like we play better with all the young kids in. Drop Brown, the game's passed him by.

Laidley should persist with the "take them on" gameplan. When we get a few games into these young guys like Urquart, Lower, Riggio, etc and we get Wellsy, JWS back that will win us games. Corey Jones will play better when the ball is coming in quicker too.

I'm disappointed with the loss, but I liked the sound of the game. Looking forward to downloading it and watching it. I'd like some feedback from people who were there.

Sounds like a game we could have won with a bit more class.
Petrie kicks 4.2 rather than 2.4 and we're much closer
Pratt doesn't cough it up stupidly and we're much closer

Was the umpiring as bad in the last quarter as it sounded?

How do you let Mooney kick 7? We need a defender who can take a key tall forward so that we don't give players like Bradshaw, Brown and Mooney 5 goals before the siren's even been blown.

Obviously I only heard the radio broadcast, but it sounded like we play better with all the young kids in. Drop Brown, the game's passed him by.

Laidley should persist with the "take them on" gameplan. When we get a few games into these young guys like Urquart, Lower, Riggio, etc and we get Wellsy, JWS back that will win us games. Corey Jones will play better when the ball is coming in quicker too.

I'm disappointed with the loss, but I liked the sound of the game. Looking forward to downloading it and watching it. I'd like some feedback from people who were there.

watched it on tv from sydney. was very very furstrating. every time we got close they would get a cheap goal to give them back a buffer. they had that extra touch of class that we couldn't find.

our decision making lets us down and disposal was poor at times. it was clear though that we were instructed to attack through the middle and we looked great at times but kicked to dangerous contests and got punished at other times.

i don't like to blame umpires and a lot of the frees against us in the last quarter for holding the ball were there. the problem was every time they dragged it in or sat on it there was no decision our way. we also got pinged for chopping the arms where they seemed to get awaty with a few.

all in all more positives than negatives but it still hurts like hell losting to them like that. seeing steve johnson try dinky litte passes and shots at goal made me yearn for the 90's when we would have had 5 defenders lining up to put his head into the turf.

on mooney, he got a lot of cheap adrian mcadam like goals but did make the most of his opportunitues.

drew and harro were outstanding. brown was rubbish.

that's all i have for now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Frustrating game to listen to...good signs though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back