fwd line

Remove this Banner Ad

the further out you drag him, the easier it is for opposition players to drop back

if you can consistently get fev 1v1 with a defender, chances are hes gonna get a lot of attempts at goal, and thats all one can really ask for
he can still go on long leads and drag defenders out, but youve gotta have other people standing up inside the 50, relying on a 10 game player to kick a few goals a week is a bit much

i love kruezer, but realistically he had one great qtr
we still need fev as close to goals as possible, we just need other people that can grab a mark and kick straight in there with him, but as far from him as possible

and since weve turned into a much shorter kicking team since ratts took over, leading to 50-55 will result in fev crashing into 3-4 opposition players just like the first 3/4 of the port game

One great quarter- YES, but how many quarters has he played out of the square with ball being kicked to him- ONE. Its hard for players to sit in a hole 50m out than 20, they just block the hot spot. If we play Kreuze and Fev together with Kreuze in behind and give them all the space we will win. Let Fish and Eddie play from HF up the wings and give Kreuze and Fev the space.

the further out you drag him, the easier it is for opposition players to drop back

if you can consistently get fev 1v1 with a defender, chances are hes gonna get a lot of attempts at goal, and thats all one can really ask for
he can still go on long leads and drag defenders out, but youve gotta have other people standing up inside the 50, relying on a 10 game player to kick a few goals a week is a bit much

i love kruezer, but realistically he had one great qtr
we still need fev as close to goals as possible, we just need other people that can grab a mark and kick straight in there with him, but as far from him as possible

and since weve turned into a much shorter kicking team since ratts took over, leading to 50-55 will result in fev crashing into 3-4 opposition players just like the first 3/4 of the port game
I heard Gavin Crosisca admit on radio the other day that they realised in the box that they needed to change their approach from short perfect hit ups to a more direct longer style in the last quarter, and guess what 7.3 to 0.3.
Stick to this with a big target i reckon.

Funnily enough, I was only thinking of this after the Port game. I would like to go with the following:

HFF: Wiggins Fisher Russell
FF: Betts Fevola Kreuzer

Even though I have put Fisher at CHF, I don't want him playing that traditional CHF role like a Brown. Rather, play him like a Robert Murphy. Wiggins and JR play as our lead up types, as they are pretty good off the mark, and they have a good pair of hands. Also use the ball pretty well as well.

Fevola and Betts speak for themselves, and Kreuzer, with his athletisism, could really play that roaming roll in the forward line - just like he did against Port on Sunday night.

It is critical we have a good go at McKinely from the Eagles

Also Ziebell or possibly Watts from the draft

We need someone that can make an impact straight away, so Mckinley is a real target. As is Ash Hansen, also from West Coast.

Good spelling you uneducated idiot
Not a lot of brain power in evidence when you come on to the Carlton board to make this comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

fwd line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back