Fyfe - how many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

So the you agree that the decision to not change the plea to guilty was futile?

And on a slightly different point - how certain are you that he acted outside the allowed scope?

He pleaded guilty to intentional , body , low impact or Reckless , high , low impact. Not to Intentional , high , low.

It was up to the jury to decide which one fitted best.

Proceeds?

Would you care to point out how you have arrived at your ludicrously stupid position?

His previous suspension history and all the other hits that he didnt get pinged for, was surprised they highlighted this and not the hit on Langdon

You are as insignificant as your ridiculous and moronic posts. Now stop embarrassing yourself and go away. I'm starting to feel sorry for you ... clearly out of your depth here.

Yep playing the man and not the post is the right thing to do?

He pleaded guilty to intentional , body , low impact or Reckless , high , low impact. Not to Intentional , high , low.

It was up to the jury to decide which one fitted best.

I was more looking for something in the rules about his ability to not allow the jury to rule, not just your opinion.

I retain my view that it was the worst appeal in afl history, given they were told in advance they couldn't win.

I was more looking for something in the rules about his ability to not allow the jury to rule, not just your opinion.

I retain my view that it was the worst appeal in afl history, given they were told in advance they couldn't win.

My thoughts exactly, besides trying to get it down to 1 week (which i what i thought it should have been at worst)

I cannot fathmon how they thought it should be let go

His previous suspension history and all the other hits that he didnt get pinged for, was surprised they highlighted this and not the hit on Langdon
The word you were hunting for was precedes. His 2 previous suspensions hardly qualify him as a dirty player, especially as one is universally accepted to be the direct result of a poorly written rule, and "all the other hits" is an irrelevance that exists in your mind only.

It's Langford btw and they didn't highlight his hit on Fyfe either, so what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rules also say (I just had a quick look) that the "Chairman manages process and decides on points of law."

That's the opposing argument.

So I suppose the argument should be: was the Chairman deciding on a point of law?

I don't know the answer for sure, but I think he was.

He is wrong , the player at the tribunal is supposed to be judged by his peers that have played the game. Not by "points of law", which he got wrong anyway.

The word you were hunting for was precedes. His 2 previous suspensions hardly qualify him as a dirty player, especially as one is universally accepted to be the direct result of a poorly written rule, and "all the other hits" is an irrelevance that exists in your mind only.

It's Langford btw and they didn't highlight his hit on Fyfe either, so what?

Its clear that your judgement is clouded, i might be the same if it were an Eagles player so you can slide for that one

I must be. I can't understand what you're talking about. What was your point? That I was looking at a different table to the fella I was talking to?

Or was it just a general obnoxious query?

My point was, it's been explained to you multiple times why it is deemed intentional and you keep trying to argue about where Fyfe intended to hit him and why that, in your view makes it unintentional.
It doesn't matter where he connected as to whether it was intentional or not.

We need a new legal team. If fyfe had said he swung his arm across to try and get past the player, and in the motion of forcing his way past he inadvertently made contact to the head with his upper arm, however while there was some high contact it was in no way a striking action. Point out who strikes with their bicep? That may have won.

You can't admit to striking but missing. Otherwise you'd not give high tackle frees against players who meant to tackle at a legal height.

Just to add to that... Arguing it was not a strike, rather an attempt to get past a player that went wrong, that would have been negligent or reckless. There was no way that arguing it was a strike that was not meant to make high contact was going to work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe - how many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back