Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm glad he got off, the Brownlow is in the bag....Hodge will get rested for the next 2 weeks and all is well for the finals. Outside of knocking out the umpire no one gets suspended from here...
Famous last words. Vickery or Zac Dawson to accidentally knock out the umpire this week.

The funny thing is Mundy got done for his love tap with Harvey going down and staying down like the little bitch he is.

How many elbows and jumper punches would have more force.

Harvey is such a little weak prick.

Yeah but I'm pretty sure that Mundy got him 300 times.

300 times I tells ya!

"The match day report against Fremantle’s Nat Fyfe for making forceful contact from front-on against North Melbourne’s Ben Jacobs was assessed. After viewing all available footage and receiving a medical report from the North Melbourne Football Club, it was the view of the panel that the ball was loose, with Jacobs turning back towards the bouncing ball with Fyfe coming towards him. As Jacobs reached for the ball, Fyfe goes to ground with his hands out in front of him to contest the ball. As Fyfe moves into the contest, he makes incidental high contact to the North Melbourne player’s face with his arm and a free kick is paid against him. Fyfe’s body then makes contact to Jacobs’ chest and shoulder area. It was the view of the panel there was insufficient forceful high contact to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken."

Probably the most well written summation all year.
AFL LOL!

Fyfe's hand were no where near the ball. Love how they lie to suit their argument. He tried to clear space with his body and got it all wrong. This is the same shit Jack Ziebell got multiple weeks for when he went to contest the ball, actually got his hands to it, but hit Aaron Joseph in the head.

Jack Ziebell should be suing the AFL for every farcical suspension that he has copped, that is not replicated for the AFL's love children.

AFL LOL!

Fyfe's hand were no where near the ball. Love how they lie to suit their argument. He tried to clear space with his body and got it all wrong. This is the same shit Jack Ziebell got multiple weeks for when he went to contest the ball, actually got his hands to it, but hit Aaron Joseph in the head.

Jack Ziebell should be suing the AFL for every farcical suspension that he has copped, that is not replicated for the AFL's love children.

And if it were Jack Ziebell or Stevie J or a number of other players who did it they would have got at least a week.
But we all knew he was getting off. There was no way they would have suspended him for that. He would have just about had to take someones head off, even then I'm sure they would have found a way to get him off

And if it were Jack Ziebell or Stevie J or a number of other players who did it they would have got at least a week.
But we all knew he was getting off. There was no way they would have suspended him for that. He would have just about had to take someones head off, even then I'm sure they would have found a way to get him off
I am actually glad he didn't get suspended, because at the end of the day he was just trying to clear space and got it slightly wrong, no malice or no intent to hit Jacobs, so I'm fine with the no suspension.

But what really pisses me off is the suspension of players for acts that are less or the equal of this. The AFL really needs to get their shit together, either don't suspend players or suspend everyone for the same actions? They just make up shit to suit themselves and they wonder why the average footy fan is becoming disillusioned? As long as the AFL continues to not be transparent and make up things from week to week, then fans will start to lose interest in the game.

Currently we have a game of half court basketball that is being scripted by the AFL to suit agendas.

I am actually glad he didn't get suspended, because at the end of the day he was just trying to clear space and got it slightly wrong, no malice or no intent to hit Jacobs, so I'm fine with the no suspension.

But what really pisses me off is the suspension of players for acts that are less or the equal of this. The AFL really needs to get their shit together, either don't suspend players or suspend everyone for the same actions? They just make up shit to suit themselves and they wonder why the average footy fan is becoming disillusioned? As long as the AFL continues to not be transparent and make up things from week to week, then fans will start to lose interest in the game.

Currently we have a game of half court basketball that is being scripted by the AFL to suit agendas.
I really like this post! Very well said. It is the inconsistency of the MRP that is staggering.

hear hear!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So no one has any problem with Fyfe having his arm away from his body and making facial/head high contact with his elbow whilst his arm was away from his body? I don't think there is much in, much much less than the Farrenn Ray? Joel Selwood incident similar a few years ago where Selwood needed stiches in his mouth. Probably didn't deserve to go but loved how most media instantly dismissed it as he is in everybodys dreams of a night time

Absolutely hilarious, is there a league which cheats as openly or as often as the AFL?

I'm glad Fyfe is still eligible but as usual the league has prevented an absurd outcome produced by an absurd rule by undertaking an even more absurd interpretation of that rule. Which will create it's own absurdities in time..

The underlying problem is that once upon a time when you got suspended for seriously violent or dirty acts it made some sense that it affected brownlow eligibility. But ever since the AFL moved to the duty of care model, players can and do miss games and cop fines for being careless. Whether or not that is a good idea is a whole different argument, but most inside onballers will find themselves in a situation similar to Fyfes situation sooner or later, and when they do they typically get sanctioned, because the AFL wants them to take special care not to slide in and hit opponents high.

If the AFL wants to continue to follow that approach, a more sensible outcome would have been to suspend Fyfe for 1 week as the rules plainly require, but change the brownlow eligibility rules before this years count, so it takes multiple reckless or one intentional incident to make someone ineligible for the Chaz.

lol at the North tough guys ganging up on him while he is on the ground

AFL LOL!

you mean this one? not remotely similar

Another scripted 'WWE style' comedy outcome from the AFL tribunal.........how can anyone be surprised nowdays at the happenings at AFL land. There's been enough negative stories this year without front page 'headlines' the morning after the Brownlow count.

lol at the North tough guys ganging up on him while he is on the ground

you mean this one? not remotely similar

Similar in the premise that Jack Ziebell was attempting to win possession. If you look at the vision Ziebell actually gets his hands to the ball, unlike Fyfe. It's not Jack's fault that he is harder at the ball than Fyfe ;)

The umpire can actually can be heard saying "he just went for the footy" and paid no free kick.

In fact the more I look at the two, other than the impact itself, the Ziebell one is more of an attempt to win the ball than Fyfe. One gets 3 weeks the other nothing, go figure?!?!

Stevie J go for a hard ball get? Lol

Agree with most the sentiments here- right decision (i.e Fyfe not being suspended) but at the same time just highlights how dodgey the AFL is. Plenty of incidents similar would've copped a fine at least- and Fyfe himself would've if it was his first or second fine. You don't want players rubbed out for things like that, or ineligible to win brownlows, BUT consistency wise and following the way in which these sorts of incidents have been looked out- he should've been rubbed out.

Right result, no doubt a dodgy process heavily influenced by Fyfe and media backlash if he got rubbed out.

That and Hodge decision proves AFL going to look after themselves and the bottom line before making any tough calls.

If the AFL wants to continue to follow that approach, a more sensible outcome would have been to suspend Fyfe for 1 week as the rules plainly require, but change the brownlow eligibility rules before this years count, so it takes multiple reckless or one intentional incident to make someone ineligible for the Chaz.
agreed, just had the idea but saw you had it. Intentional and reckless makes someone ineligible, careless and incidental should not affect Brownlow. Makes too much sense and the AFL are against that..

I agree. I didn't think he should have been suspended - but I just wish it were the same rules for everyone

It's ok a facts a fact.

I hate seeing Walters duck. I didn't like seeing Suban call out Masten. I'm not one eyed but you'll probably think Harvey was courageous. It's borderline cheating to stay down like he did. Simply weak as.

Anyone have footage of Boomer going down only to jump back up again when they had the ball.

The blokes pissweak.
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back