Roast "GAMDEDAY!" – MFC Media Dept

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Brown tribute with an avant-garde editing decision to remove the audio from most of the clips in the video.

I thought for a moment they had muted it because they put copywritten music on it. No it's just general incompetence

Finally, a metric to show how crappy our social media is 🤗

Obviously there are other factors (older supporter base, boring on-field product etc), but our comms have been mediocre as hell for a while.

1000018356.jpg

Obviously there are other factors (older supporter base, boring on-field product etc), but our comms have been mediocre as hell for a while.

View attachment 2105616
Giants growth proving the value of shitposting.

View attachment 2105616

That is staggering, and we cant use the small club excuse when teams like the crows and Richmond aren't doing well either (Whereas GWS are killing it with a tiny supporter base).

View attachment 2105616

Club's response to that would probably be that we gotta bunker down and play some better footy.

Who needs good comms?

Anybody else struggling to find something remotely positive about the club at the moment?

The administration is incompetent, the entrenched coaching staff are stuck in a bygone era of footy (and are somehow arrogant about it and quite unlikeable in general), the culture is shot, our best players are unhappy and I sometimes doubt how much they even like each other, we've signed up our aging core for an ungodly period of time, we play the most boring footy in the league, our comms are laughably bad, our 'external review' is hardly external, we've got leaks coming from everywhere, and our apparent number one target is Caleb bloody Daniel of all people.

Despite what it appears like at times on here, I'm usually a pretty upbeat and positive person, but I'm just struggling to find anything good about the club currently. Maybe the review changes things? IDK.

Wild that we've just circled back to our main positive being how good Max Gawn is.

Anybody else struggling to find something remotely positive about the club at the moment?

The administration is incompetent, the entrenched coaching staff are stuck in a bygone era of footy (and are somehow arrogant about it and quite unlikeable in general), the culture is shot, our best players are unhappy and I sometimes doubt how much they even like each other, we've signed up our aging core for an ungodly period of time, we play the most boring footy in the league, our comms are laughably bad, our 'external review' is hardly external, we've got leaks coming from everywhere, and our apparent number one target is Caleb bloody Daniel of all people.

Despite what it appears like at times on here, I'm usually a pretty upbeat and positive person, but I'm just struggling to find anything good about the club currently. Maybe the review changes things? IDK.

Wild that we've just circled back to our main positive being how good Max Gawn is.
There's **** all good. Never disliked the club so much in my life including during the neeld era

Club's response to that would probably be that we gotta bunker down and play some better footy.

Who needs good comms?

Goodwin: "When we play contest defence I start nodding my head like I'm saying 'yes' to every stoppage."

1725843284085.jpeg

Think a lot of people are feeling this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have felt this way since mid season - there is a massive stink at the club. They'll see a very embarrassing dropoff in membership and crowds next year if they don't make enough change.

I have felt this way since mid season - there is a massive stink at the club. They'll see a very embarrassing dropoff in membership and crowds next year if they don't make enough change.
Yep. I know plenty of long-time members who are refusing to renew unless Goodwin goes, and I really don't blame them.

View attachment 2105616
If only North where better or a bigger club. Their social team is extremely underrated

They're not GWS levels, but some of the shit i've seen from them is peak. They don't deserve to be down here with us

This doesn't apply to last weekend, but i enjoy watching Kate Hore do footy

If only North where better or a bigger club. Their social team is extremely underrated

They're not GWS levels, but some of the shit i've seen from them is peak. They don't deserve to be down here with us
Reckon St Kilda's is pretty good, too.

Sure, I can see plenty of rainbow.

For one thing it is not very stressful being a Dees supporter right at this second; there is no weight of expectation bearing down on me like some tonne of bricks. Just very simple pleasures, like getting excited about the next Big Top Draft Pick who will save our club, and hanging shit on Carlton/Port etc. without having to worry about whether or not my beloved Demons will fall over and embarrass themselves when it matters.

If we were only little bit shit like the last couple of years I think I would find that very frustrating, but we're not a little bit shit, we are setting world-record pace at becoming a total and utter disaster and sincerely, I am finding it quite amusing. Oliver, Smith, Petracca's Spleen, Roffey. Laughs a minute. A bit of sadness with ANB (and obviously Gus) but mostly it's ****ing hilarious.

I am also finding I have a little bit more time on my weekends than I have had previously. Didn't attend a game, I am not sure if I even watched a full (Melbourne) game. Enjoying other hobbies, and watching the finals without previously mentioned tonne of bricks.

Definitely having a fun time right now!

459025418_1185684849293827_8275184002221874131_n.jpg

Lions team got a win

The irony that one of our supporters said it

It's dawned on me the past week or so that there is no point even getting upset anymore. I've stopped caring til the club is completely nuked at the top end.

It's dawned on me the past week or so that there is no point even getting upset anymore. I've stopped caring til the club is completely nuked at the top end.
Pretty sure that already happened when we played Freo the first time.

I would put up with all of this if they would go back to giving the members a fridge magnet with the fixture on it.

I would put up with all of this if they would go back to giving the members a fridge magnet with the fixture on it.
I still display the 2016 version, featuring Paul Roos sitting in a silver car, and Nathan Jones and Heritier Lumumba leaning on that same car for unknown reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast "GAMDEDAY!" – MFC Media Dept

Remove this Banner Ad

Back