ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
On the road again... gals can’t wait to get on the road again.
Playing footy with their friends
They can’t wait to get on the road again

I think that’s possibly the lamest thing I’ve ever written on this board, but I DON’T CARE - I LOVE THEM! 🎶

The weakest links v WC were the two youngsters - Verrier (3 possessions) and Hyde (4 possessions). They were able to ‘hide’ because of the complete dominance of the team as a whole.
I think they’ll want to get Sharp back in, so maybe Verrier comes out for her. Although Sharp is much more of a free wheeler, where as Verrier is developing a good defensive side to her game, so maybe Hyde the more I think about it. Verrier was our top pick and I think they’ll prefer her as the one they want to develop and get as many games into her as they can.
I think Gooch will have ‘work commitments’ and won’t be picked. I think they’re liking the backline as it is, and while Gooch has been great for so long, she is pretty slow, so hard for her to break back in with it all working so well.

So I think the only change will be:
Out: Hyde
In: Sharpe

(If KJ is dropped, you will hear the roar of rage all the way to Chicago Daddoo - and the reverberation will be felt by everyone in between!)

I think Sharp played a pretty good game for Swans. I really want to see Morrison get a debut though. 4 goals in her first game back in WAFLW as an 19yo is pretty impressive.

Hyde is a very smart player - always thinking about the team. Some of her 1%ers are gold. Verrier is the future - pumping in the AFLW experience now might pay off big when she shifts to the midfield (maybe next year?).

I think Sharp played a pretty good game for Swans. I really want to see Morrison get a debut though. 4 goals in her first game back in WAFLW as an 19yo is pretty impressive.

Hyde is a very smart player - always thinking about the team. Some of her 1%ers are gold. Verrier is the future - pumping in the AFLW experience now might pay off big when she shifts to the midfield (maybe next year?).
Morrison is a special talent, but it was only her first game back after injury, so she probably needs to build some more at WAFLW level. I think she might not get a debut till next season (happy to be wrong), and if it came down to her and Sharp for a spot next week, Sharp has the runs on the board.

Maybe they won't want to change anything, but Carlton away is going to be an infinitely tougher game that WC at home. I think they'll want their strongest team out there, and I think Sharp is in that.

So there's Sharp, Morrison, Gooch, Webb and Williams all pushing up for a spot. There are some pretty good players in that group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing we can hope for now, is that Carlton have expended all of their petrol tickets in this opening term!

Regardless of how this goes - the decision for the girls to fly out late last night is a disgrace. Anyone who has flown out late PM from Perth to Melbourne during summer (with the three hour time difference) would know the chances of sleeping anytime before midnight Melbourne time is nil. The jet lag the next day is a killer. Just fly out on the Saturday morning and have a few hours to relax so you get to sleep. Not rocket science!!

Disgraceful team management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back