Gary Ablett Jnr - is he remembered as a Cat or Sun?

How is Gary Ablett Jnr remembered?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Your 'I know you are so what am I?' skills are simply marvellous.
Get off your pedestal, Ponce. I thought you had better things to do, so run along and do them.
Spongebob Squarepants GIF

Hey snowflakes.
He is the worst kind of two club player. Revealed himself as a mercenary to get to the suns and then as a prima donna to get back to the cats.

Which was he on national tv at?

He'll be remembered as a Cat virtue of getting onto FTA tv with them, whereas at the suns he was relegated to the dead tv slots.

Now if the question was where he played his best footy at, i'd go Suns.

But the media bias will make him remembered as a cat.

Is Matthew Richardson remembered as a winner or a loser?

Unfortunately a loser, like GAS. Great individual player but it’s a fact that their careers are stained cause they didn’t win a flag. I guarantee whenever one of these types of players starts talking about finals everybody on here straight away remembers they didn’t win a flag. It’s like a shadow that hangs over them.

This happens whenever I hear, Richo, N Riewoldt, Montagna, Dal Santo, Goddard, Gary Lyon etc speak about finals on fox footy. You know what I’m talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Unfortunately a loser, like GAS. Great individual player but it’s a fact that their careers are stained cause they didn’t win a flag. I guarantee whenever one of these types of players starts talking about finals everybody on here straight away remembers they didn’t win a flag. It’s like a shadow that hangs over them.

This happens whenever I hear, Richo, N Riewoldt, Montagna, Dal Santo, Goddard, Gary Lyon etc speak about finals on fox footy. You know what I’m talking about.

I feel sorry for you! To think the careers of champions are “stained “ because they happened to play for a team that was not good enough. One player does not make a team.

As an aside how is that you call GAJ’s career at GC superior to his career at Geelong, yet he was in your words a “loser” and “stained “ at GC?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sorry for you! To think the careers of champions are “stained “ because they happened to play for a team that was not good enough. One player does not make a team

GAS played in 4 GF, 3 of which he was shit. Yeah it’s a stain.

At least Richo had the excuse of being in a shit team. Unlucky, but it is what it is. I’m not losing sleep over it.

GAS played in 4 GF, 3 of which he was s**t. Yeah it’s a stain.

At least Richo had the excuse of being in a s**t team. Unlucky, but it is what it is. I’m not losing sleep over it.

In Which 3 GF’s was GAJ shit? This was probably before you were born

At least Richo had the excuse of being in a s**t team. Unlucky, but it is what it is. I’m not losing sleep over it.

wait, what?

I love the Cats, I love Gary Ablett snr (as a footballer) - I can kinda take or leave Gaz jr - but he played well in 2008 and 2009. 2020 got injured; sucks, not much you can do. 2007 was the outlier in some ways; Cats killed their opponents yet Gaz jr didn't really do a whole lot.
Anyway, overall his GF work was good.

lol so you think Lockett, Skilton, Buckley, Stynes, Pavlich, Roos, Fyfe, Robert Harvey and Robbie Flower all have stained careers because they don’t have a premiership…

But Richo has a valid excuse.

Gotcha. 🥴🍻

lol so you think Lockett, Skilton, Buckley, Stynes, Pavlich, Roos, Fyfe, Robert Harvey and Robbie Flower all have stained careers because they don’t have a premiership…

But Richo has a valid excuse.

Gotcha. 🥴

Everybody has a stain, Richo doesn’t have an excuse either. It’s a fact, they failed the main objective in playing AFL in the first place. They would be the first ones to tell you that. Nick Riewoldt still hasn’t gotten over it.

In Which 3 GF’s was GAJ s**t? This was probably before you were born

All the other ones except for 89.

I think 95 and 94 he had 2 marks and 0 goals and 1 mark and 1 goal respectively. Absolute shithouse. Castanga would’ve performed better.

wait, what?

I love the Cats, I love Gary Ablett snr (as a footballer) - I can kinda take or leave Gaz jr - but he played well in 2008 and 2009. 2020 got injured; sucks, not much you can do. 2007 was the outlier in some ways; Cats killed their opponents yet Gaz jr didn't really do a whole lot.
Anyway, overall his GF work was good.

Take a look at the 92, 94,95 GF stats. Nostalgia makes people forget his bad games. I’ve personally never heard anybody talk about them and it’s for a good reason. They are objectively bad. 92 wasn’t shocking but still under par.

Old age isn’t an excuse he was all Australian from 92-95. He cooked them on the big day yet again.

Everybody has a stain, Richo doesn’t have an excuse either. It’s a fact, they failed the main objective in playing AFL in the first place. They would be the first ones to tell you that. Nick Riewoldt still hasn’t gotten over it.

For many the main objective is to just get a game week in week out to keep their jobs.

Lack of premiership success is much more on the admin of the club than the prayers.

For many the main objective is to just get a game week in week out to keep their jobs.

Lack of premiership success is much more on the admin of the club than the prayers.

Depends on the quality of the player I guess. The stars of the game would worry about the flag. Players like Castanga would just worry about getting a game and the money, flag is a bonus.

Depends on the quality of the player I guess. The stars of the game would worry about the flag. Players like Castanga would just worry about getting a game and the money, flag is a bonus.

Don't think they would worry about it, they would put all their energy into making themselves and those around them better. Not sure if you've played sport at an elite level, but you're certainly not thinking about trophies through preseason or during the year, you're just thinking about what you need to improve and who you're playing that week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gary Ablett Jnr - is he remembered as a Cat or Sun?

Back