Gavin Wanganeen to be inducted into AFL Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

He would have made Choco's top 13.

link
Williams hailed Wanganeen as the defender who redefined Australian football.

"Gavin created anguish in opposition coaches' boxes," said Williams, who watched at close hand Wanganeen from his arrival at Alberton in the late 1980s to his retirement as a 300-game AFL champion in 2007.

"Here was a defender they had to account for because of the way he could set up the game from the backlines was visionary. He could shut down the game's best players - and then further hurt the opposition with his possessions that were built on exquisite skills.

"I rate him as the No. 1 indigenous player of the AFL era (of Australian football).
link

His son was certainly thrilled with the honour judging by the photo on the back page of todays Tiser.

Yeah I LMFAO when I saw that this morning.

Just on his son, what happens with the father-son rule with him, does he play for us, Essendon or neither???

Just on his son, what happens with the father-son rule with him, does he play for us, Essendon or neither???

Qualifies for both so he gets to choose. Altho IIRC he's a handy golfer already. Dad's ready to caddy for him.

Assuming Gav played 100 games with both clubs, which I'm pretty sure he did, then it's the kid's choice. If he only played 100 for one club, then that club has exclusive rights.

His son was certainly thrilled with the honour judging by the photo on the back page of todays Tiser.

Tex is always grinning, especially when a camera is around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gavin Wanganeen to be inducted into AFL Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Back