gay marriage postal vote.

which way are you voting in the gat marriage debate?

• yes

Votes: 178 72.1%
  • no

Votes: 36 14.6%
  • wont cast a vote

Votes: 33 13.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not just this instance.

Yesterday the media ran with an article about a lesbian couple in the US who bashed their kid. It's fear mongering.
the no campaign in general has been fear mongering and linking unrelated issues

the no campaign in general has been fear mongering and linking unrelated issues

It's just ridiculous.
I've come across hundreds of people online who I would love to smack across the head.

Handed over my divorce papers yesterday. So this weekend I get to vote yes to bring a whole new group of people under the purview of the Fedetal Circuit Court.

You would imagine wedding planners and divorce lawyers are rubbing their hands in glee at the thought of all those extra weddings they can rip people off at

I agree, but then I think children of religious people need a dose of reality from somewhere.

If I was teaching kids about dinosaurs and planets and all that cool shit you learn for the first time in primary school and little Johnny said 'but the Earth is only 6,000 years old and there weren't any dinosaurs on the ark' I'd want him to know that his parents are probably well meaning but ****en idiots.
I am from a largely atheist family that encouraged me to think whatever I want despite being mostly somewhat conservative, but I have very clear memories of being laughed at and being called stupid in a christian school by a teacher that said I thought we came from monkeys and yet there are still monkeys around, when I tried to clearly explain it because I knew exactly what the theory of evolution was, I was ignored, let me tell you this did not help my depression issues back then!

I was 10 or 11 back then around 14 years ago. I know that teacher is still going today because parents want to send their kids to a school where they aren't encouraged to learn anything else, most teachers at that school were like that, the few competent ones weren't even allowed to discuss the theory of evolution. I was so numb from that shit I didn't even bring it up with my parents.

Anyway even as much as I hate that this ballot has to happen because of gutless politicians, am still voting Y.

I am from a largely atheist family that encouraged me to think whatever I want despite being mostly somewhat conservative, but I have very clear memories of being laughed at and being called stupid in a christian school by a teacher that said I thought we came from monkeys and yet there are still monkeys around, when I tried to clearly explain it because I knew exactly what the theory of evolution was, I was ignored, let me tell you this did not help my depression issues back then!

I was 10 or 11 back then around 14 years ago. I know that teacher is still going today because parents want to send their kids to a school where they aren't encouraged to learn anything else, most teachers at that school were like that, the few competent ones weren't even allowed to discuss the theory of evolution. I was so numb from that shit I didn't even bring it up with my parents.

Anyway even as much as I hate that this ballot has to happen because of gutless politicians, am still voting Y.

Name the school in the 2000s which did not teach the Theory of Evolution.

Not to put ideas in your head but if that was me I'd probably go buy a gorilla outfit, get a knife, go back to the school and stab the teacher to death whilst making monkey noises. As if school isn't hard enough for some kids, this prick thinks mocking a kid is a great idea. fmd.

Gold on so many levels
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-22/astro-labe-charged-over-alleged-assault-of-tony-abbott/8975454

First off he's a DJ and his name Astro 'Funknukl' Labe

and then it's not SSM related according to Astro

but the best part is his quotes

"I must state in no uncertain terms that this has nothing whatsoever to do with marriage equality," Labe said.

"For all intents and purposes legally I'm remorseful.

This was nothing to do with the Yes campaign, I'm not a campaigner, I'm a lone anarchist that felt the need to headbutt Tony Abbott because I didn't think it was an opportunity I'd get again."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is actually hilarious, Senator Cory Bernardi played the political card around SSM to cause a brawl with a local primary school's fundraiser the kids organised to support a small NFP called "Do it in a dress" to support girls in Africa that are not able to get an education. THe kids were hoping to raise about $900 for the cause and due to Cory's input around how outrageous it is kids getting involved with wearing dresses and aligned it to the SSM debate - the end result is they have raised over $60k.

Lots of anti-conservatives are donating just to make a point.

I guess something good has finally come from Cory's rantings.

http://www.doitinadress.com/team/craigburn-primary-school
He's such a pig ****er.

Imagine boys wearing female clothes. The horror.

Cardinal%2BPell.jpg

AltarBoys.jpg

The other day out of curiousity I asked my 60-odd year old mother how she was going to vote. She is non-religious, been divorced, had worked with/friends with many gay people and spent quite a few years in the late 80's as a nurse for HIV/Aids patients. My assumption was of course she would be a "Yes" vote.

"Oh I dunno, I just think some things should be left sacred".

I hope I'm wrong but I think people need to prepare themselves for the "No" vote to win.
People can't afford to be complacent. You look on your facebook feed and see all your friends with 'yes' profile pictures so you think how on earth will the no side even get close.

But if you get a chance look at the comments section and you'll find a no voter. Go to their profile page and look at their friends and you'll see a lot of profile pictures with it's OK to vote no

Whichever option wins I can't see it getting more than 55% of the vote so it'll be pretty tight.

The comment:

"I wasn't going to vote at all but I'm now going to vote no because of the yes campaign and their vicious bullying of anyone who votes no"

Cut the bullshit - you were always voting no, you just needed something to hang your decision on. Just ****ing own it

As much as i think it's terrible you were called stupid what did you think they

The comment:

"I wasn't going to vote at all but I'm now going to vote no because of the yes campaign and their vicious bullying of anyone who votes no"

Cut the bullshit - you were always voting no, you just needed something to hang your decision on. Just ******* own it

Granted the AFL should've stayed out imo but really if it is going to a vote it is a campaigning issue and people have the right to campaign.

I think the opposite. All the Yes vote has done is put a few stickers up and posted online. The ones irrationally going off their tree are the No voters.

No different from the "Vote Liberal" and "Vote Labor" txt messages that come along during elections and the associated junk mail.

Remove this Banner Ad

gay marriage postal vote.

Back