Universal Love GC2015's man cave of Gold Coast SUNS positivity

Remove this Banner Ad

You know the drill. Whether we win or lose, this is a thread for all things positive relating to the club.

It opens up a 'Gold Coast' dedicated thread to sprout our positive opinions at will.

Let's hear all about it!

I have merged the two threads of positive vibes you have made to make one super duper positive orgasm of a thread! Enjoy

Nah serious! I have something positive! We get a day off from Iva Bigun and Ben Drever talking crap!

Real talk - I don’t mind the negativity and everyone needs their criticisms. It keeps them in line! And I give right of way to you two when you wanna have your outbursts on the coach and club!

But we get a good, gritty win against a decent side and radio silence. All week, you have been building up, expecting the worst. One even going as far to say you hope we lose by 20 goals so we piss the coach off. I’ll be honest, I expected us to lose too!

I love you both in the real world to bits. You know that. But When the losses come, you giys cant get here quick enough to call for his head. How about you both grow some balls though, be a real fan, and swing both ways! Show the praise to our side. Prove to us you’re not here to just shitbag the club. Give some credit where it’s ‘Dew’. You have both been online, observing the forums. I’ll continue to allow the negativity and increasing calls for his head. But man, if you can’t get up and about for one of our most gritty wins, are you even real fans?

Nah serious! I have something positive! We get a day off from Iva Bigun and Ben Drever talking crap!

Real talk - I don’t mind the negativity and everyone needs their criticisms. It keeps them in line! And I give right of way to you two when you wanna have your outbursts on the coach and club!

But we get a good, gritty win against a decent side and radio silence. All week, you have been building up, expecting the worst. One even going as far to say you hope we lose by 20 goals so we piss the coach off. I’ll be honest, I expected us to lose too!

I love you both in the real world to bits. You know that. But When the losses come, you giys cant get here quick enough to call for his head. How about you both grow some balls though, be a real fan, and swing both ways! Show the praise to our side. Prove to us you’re not here to just shitbag the club. Give some credit where it’s ‘Dew’. You have both been online, observing the forums. I’ll continue to allow the negativity and increasing calls for his head. But man, if you can’t get up and about for one of our most gritty wins, are you even real fans?

Swing both ways like the rest of us boys! Come on:rainbow::goldcoast:

If you watch the last two games, pretty sure you can see what the game plan is.....

Execution is still the most important bit to scoring goals (Bombers), and pressure on the ball is the best defence in the modern game (Swans), but there is an overall plan there. Unless I am going mad, which is quite possible.

If you watch the last two games, pretty sure you can see what the game plan is.....

Execution is still the most important bit to scoring goals (Bombers), and pressure on the ball is the best defence in the modern game (Swans), but there is an overall plan there. Unless I am going mad, which is quite possible.
Said exactly the same thing yesterday at the game
Either my eyes deceive me or I see a plan

The plan is keep the pressure up and get the ball moving forward at all costs. Having Weller and Powell back helps so much with that too, as we actually got some run and some good kicks. Powell halving one-on-ones is also great to rebound.

If we hit the scoreboard more accurately it will be a more attractive brand, I’m sure.

Jeffrey and Luko can kick some nice passes forward 50 too. Forwards seemed to get more separation against Geelong, so weren’t in each other’s way as much either.

Just need to land our marks and kick our shots.

I like it how you planned this game the same day as the grand Prix.. just to keep me quiet!!
The perks of your AFL gig I guess 😉

Im Not the first to say this, Because I was more interested in the cars yesterday.
But was a good win from what I can see.
It was a MUST win for both Dave and Dew.
I see a lot of comments early in the game about how much we suck.

But a wins a win.. and we got the points.

I’m not going to complain about winning. I’m happy to win all year.

Congrats to the club.

One week at a time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot happening in my personal life since the weekend that makes footy inconsequential but how would you know that so I can see how you see it like you do, am I happy the boys won absolutely, do I think Dew can coach? No

Love you too mate

A lot happening in my personal life since the weekend that makes footy inconsequential but how would you know that so I can see how you see it like you do, am I happy the boys won absolutely, do I think Dew can coach? No

Love you too mate

Hope your ok! If you want to chat my inbox is always open ❤️

The plan is keep the pressure up and get the ball moving forward at all costs. Having Weller and Powell back helps so much with that too, as we actually got some run and some good kicks. Powell halving one-on-ones is also great to rebound.

If we hit the scoreboard more accurately it will be a more attractive brand, I’m sure.

Jeffrey and Luko can kick some nice passes forward 50 too. Forwards seemed to get more separation against Geelong, so weren’t in each other’s way as much either.

Just need to land our marks and kick our shots.
You forgot to mention the tireless work Casboult does around the ground. The man just keeps competing and throwing his body around like it's a lawn dart! He also takes quite a few crucial contested marks around the ground and overall I think his contributions are quite underrated. He'll set a great example for Walter to follow when he joins our list next year.

Said exactly the same thing yesterday at the game
Either my eyes deceive me or I see a plan
I don’t know how much of this run from behind and in waves, move the ball forward offense game plan was existing from pre season but dialled up from 5/10 to 9/10.
Or whether this was a complete overhaul in between rounds.

Sydney game impossible to tell. I think there was signs of this against Essendon just less pronounced.

I don’t know how much of this run from behind and in waves, move the ball forward offense game plan was existing from pre season but dialled up from 5/10 to 9/10.
Or whether this was a complete overhaul in between rounds.

Sydney game impossible to tell. I think there was signs of this against Essendon just less pronounced.
Not sure if it's for the positivity thread but you do get the impression the gameplan relies on a close to fully fit and firing list
Always seems teams like Sydney Melbourne and until this year Geelong could just bring the next guy in and they didn't miss a beat
If we're relying on Constable and Flanders for a fast break smothering pressure accurate by foot game as the next picked it doesn't fill me with super confidence but you can't argue with how much Powell and Weller add
With Weller and Powell back and Long and DMac playing well you can see Chucky and Collo played with more freedom-like they weren't responsible for trying to put out spot fires every second
Add Ellis for more run and hopefully Mac Andrew and Sandy Brock pushing it's looking ok
Not dire!

d577f0ae163e7a1a66fbe1eabaaec883.jpg

dc56dcd3776ef81a60a221077db4e500.jpg

I love LDU a lot and could easily win the Brownlow this year 6 votes from 2 games.

It is interesting how our own Superstar Matty Rowell is going in his 4th season (42 games), basically elite at everything he does

Visually his burst and power is back, the media is slowly waking up! Not long till Rowelly’s back in Brownlow talks!

7023522ad0704211666d6be8edffa2ff.jpg
(Cashed out before the Geelong game, thank god)

#I#InBeforeTheHype

d577f0ae163e7a1a66fbe1eabaaec883.jpg

dc56dcd3776ef81a60a221077db4e500.jpg

I love LDU a lot and could easily win the Brownlow this year 6 votes from 2 games.

It is interesting how our own Superstar Matty Rowell is going in his 4th season (42 games), basically elite at everything he does

Visually his burst and power is back, the media is slowly waking up! Not long till Rowelly’s back in Brownlow talks!

7023522ad0704211666d6be8edffa2ff.jpg
(Cashed out before the Geelong game, thank god)

#I#InBeforeTheHype
Rowelly is ranked number 1 in the league for clearances and contested possessions. That probably tells you everything you need to know about how he's going but the one string he's added to his bow this season that's getting me excited is the way he steps out of traffic now. He seems to get out of the congestion with ease and to already be doing that (along with everything else he's doing) at 21 years of age is seriously advanced stuff. Although he's not hitting the scoreboard, I would argue he's playing better now than he did when he first burst into the scene in his first 3-4 games.

Rowelly is ranked number 1 in the league for clearances and contested possessions. That probably tells you everything you need to know about how he's going but the one string he's added to his bow this season that's getting me excited is the way he steps out of traffic now. He seems to get out of the congestion with ease and to already be doing that (along with everything else he's doing) at 21 years of age is seriously advanced stuff. Although he's not hitting the scoreboard, I would argue he's playing better now than he did when he first burst into the scene in his first 3-4 games.
He definitely is playing better than in his first year. That's not even up for debate. He's a known entity now and opposition take him/our team seriously these days. Chalk and cheese.

Media don't care though lol

You guys found a gem in Humphrey... Once he builds his fitness up he will be a star. His attack on ball reminds me of Petracca.

You guys found a gem in Humphrey... Once he builds his fitness up he will be a star. His attack on ball reminds me of Petracca.

I was genuinely surprised how hard he was at the contest. Looked a bit shaky with ball
In hand, but can be forgiven on debut.

I hope we can get more games into amoyle. I feel we have one long term in the ruck department

I was genuinely surprised how hard he was at the contest. Looked a bit shaky with ball
In hand, but can be forgiven on debut.

I hope we can get more games into amoyle. I feel we have one long term in the ruck department
Moyle was good. Shaky early, but built into the game. A lot of excellent taps and massive leaps, probably better in that regard than Witts in some ways. It’s the other aspects he will work on (covering ground, marking, contest work, clearances, possessions etc.) to become elite and surpass the big Witta.

I liked Humphrey. Had his chances in front of goal, but looked strong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back