GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Laurie Tyquin who last week made 100 batting right handed... Laurie is a long time player in the GDCA and of course is naturally a left handed batsmen. Certainly a feat I have not heard of happening before, luckily had the pleasure of playing in the game, as well as now having the pleasure of non stop ribbing due the the stupid looking photo in the Herald Sun :D

yes well done tykey! good to see you still making runs, and yep you were a boring left hand bat, but good to see you still goin round anyway.

from an ex royals/ashfield boy.

Anyone know how Wallan are dealing with being out of the ones?

Anyone got any info about new recruits or big changes at any clubs?

We pretty much have the same team as last year with 3 or 4 new players who look like they could play in the first. We are also welcoming back Steve Bell after a year off. Hopefully we can win the flag and get back into Mcintyre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its only 3 weeks to go b4 the start of 2008/09, wheres all the cricket talk? in and outs. flag predications. cmon guys where is everyone

Football is still on...... :thumbsu:

its only 3 weeks to go b4 the start of 2008/09, wheres all the cricket talk? in and outs. flag predications. cmon guys where is everyone
Craig Jones, former Essendon 1's opening bowler may well be joining Gisborne this season.

With a new coach as well we will hopefully see some improvement in the Dragons.

Craig Jones, former Essendon 1's opening bowler may well be joining Gisborne this season.

Why did they get rid of last years coach?

Regardless of what people think of him I thought they were finally doing the right thing by playing kids and that sort of thing?

We at Wallan had a new guy at training tonight and if he plays for us I have no doubt that he will be the best bowler in B grade.

My tip for the Mcintyre flag is Woodend with Bachas 2nd.
In B grade I'm tipping Wallan.

The other grades could be anyones guess. Depends which clubs stack there teams.

Looking forward to the start of the season.

Go Wallan.

Why did they get rid of last years coach?

Regardless of what people think of him I thought they were finally doing the right thing by playing kids and that sort of thing?

last yrs coach wasnt a real approachable type of guy he also wanted training changed to wednesdays and fridays this yr to suit his work committments when this wasnt approved by committee he sooked up and walked out young kids have had a good opportunity down there of late and a couple showed some real promise if craig jones plays down there maybe he could drag rodney sharp from the footy club down as the man has some serious nip about him they both do !

last yrs coach wasnt a real approachable type of guy he also wanted training changed to wednesdays and fridays this yr to suit his work committments when this wasnt approved by committee he sooked up and walked out young kids have had a good opportunity down there of late and a couple showed some real promise if craig jones plays down there maybe he could drag rodney sharp from the footy club down as the man has some serious nip about him they both do !
Thanks for that. Only my view from the outside but it seemed like the culture was atleast on the right track last year. Hopefully for Gisborne this new guy will also play the kids and reward those who train. Gisborne has been down the bottom for too long in the GDCA.

he'll be handy in their low grades.isn't that where gisborne usually play their gun players or has that changed in recent years

We at Wallan had a new guy at training tonight and if he plays for us I have no doubt that he will be the best bowler in B grade.

My tip for the Mcintyre flag is Woodend with Bachas 2nd.
In B grade I'm tipping Wallan.

The other grades could be anyones guess. Depends which clubs stack there teams.

Looking forward to the start of the season.

Go Wallan.
The thing with Wallan is they probably have the best bat in the Riddell league in Etherington and the best alrounder in Hanson. With the new bowler they have picked up who is quicker than Wadden and proven his credentials in higher standard crixket they have 3 of the best 5 players in the league. Will romp in B grade and be straight back in McIntyre.

Have heard that johno from woodend done his knee and will play for riddell after christmas. Is hanson the one that won the comp averages if so surly he wont play in the 2 s. also i think hughsy is not playing this year for united i think Bacchas then a massive gap will wait and see on the other teams based on a few recruits in the two wallan sunbury and diggers again

don't know where you get your info from but, hughesy has been training and i think will play.

Hughsey will play this year, he does work on saturdays but is makeing time to play and take another 30 wickets....

Also its good to hear that kevin barker from rupo (GDCA's favourite player) made a golden duck :) against romsey so theres some good news hehe

Hughsey will play this year, he does work on saturdays but is makeing time to play and take another 30 wickets....

Also its good to hear that kevin barker from rupo (GDCA's favourite player) made a golden duck :) against romsey so theres some good news hehe

hughsey it a genuine match winner and will be a massive bonus for united this year.:thumbsu: kev barker?? i thought he was going to brunswick this year to try his game on the turf obvisouly not up to it just yet after a golden:D

Remove this Banner Ad

GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back