GDFL geelong and district forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Gday guys,

I use to follow the GDFL when I lived in Geelong back in 1998-2002. I use to go and watch Belmont Lions. They struggled for a long time and then they recruited the likes of McVilly, Couzens and Julian Carr.

They played finals in one year but then they dropped off again. I live in Bendigo now so I only keep up with the results. Can someone give me a run down on how the club is going?

Thanks! :thumbsu:

caveman said:
Gday guys,

I use to follow the GDFL when I lived in Geelong back in 1998-2002. I use to go and watch Belmont Lions. They struggled for a long time and then they recruited the likes of McVilly, Couzens and Julian Carr.

They played finals in one year but then they dropped off again. I live in Bendigo now so I only keep up with the results. Can someone give me a run down on how the club is going?

Thanks! :thumbsu:
they lost mcvilly couple of years ago and he took a few players with him so belmont are struggling at the moment. but they have some good ppl at the club including coggsy who does a lot.

koop26 said:
they lost mcvilly couple of years ago and he took a few players with him so belmont are struggling at the moment. but they have some good ppl at the club including coggsy who does a lot.

A great win by centrals started well and kept the pressure up all day, even better when you consider Antonello and Grey pulled out late. Shannon and Fastuca dominated out of the middle with Gilham the general across half back and the brains trust of bell post didn't appear to even try and tag either of them, Lewis was very dissapointing and parker gave them nothing

junior04 said:
A great win by centrals started well and kept the pressure up all day, even better when you consider Antonello and Grey pulled out late. Shannon and Fastuca dominated out of the middle with Gilham the general across half back and the brains trust of bell post didn't appear to even try and tag either of them, Lewis was very dissapointing and parker gave them nothing
i think they were always going to win it and now that shud give them the second chance and the first final against bannockburn which leaves north and bell post hill to fight for the elimination final. its amazing how this has already worked itself out so early unless there is some upsets thats how it will stay

riddy6 said:
i rekon werribee for the flag all the other teams are for the tip

Easy there Riddy I think thompson might have a bit to say about that!!!

What about GILHAM from Centrals he would have to be the best coach in the league he leads by example and his players love to play for him. There is no doubt he could coach at a better league but for Centrals sake I hope he doesn;t leave because he would be very hard to replace.

P.S I think he needs to find a spot for O'MALLEY this bloke is gun

BPH for flag 07 i dont think deres any doubt

Boofas back dis wk bacelys on fire pumpa puric about to get a game and were playn inverligh so itll b at least 30 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

GDFL geelong and district forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back