GDFL Geelong and District Football League - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

not a great start to the season for banno. I watched them rd 1 just beat winch. Then they lose to thompson and pumped by hoppers centrals. They have a big game against nth after easter

I can. Under Cori Andrews in 2008 maybe centrals were smashed by anakie to the tune of 120 points at galvin park. But I hear what your saying. When centrals have been playing deep into finals and being rated a genuine finals contender, you don't lose at home to anakie. Seems like the same old players in the best at anakie so maybe it's the bottom 6or7 players that have made this difference. Hopefully Geelong west can improve in the not too distant future. Would be good to see some success to an often belted club

Anakie absolutely flying. Great depth at the club and as a result the reserves are not rooted to the bottom of the ladder like usual and remain unbeaten. Gibbs has definately brought in a new culture and although the same players are getting in the best, your right that the bottom 6 or 7 players are alot better quality than they have been in previous years. Plenty of rotations through the midfield and Gibbs as a focal point in attack, the roos may see finals action once again.

Sorry Kooley- no need to get precious, i just heard he snitched on mates and i was asking the question (always 2 sides to each story). Does anyone know if he is still playing?

belly is a top bloke and i find it hard to beleive he would snitch on someone. to answer your question he is still playin.

Anakie absolutely flying. Great depth at the club and as a result the reserves are not rooted to the bottom of the ladder like usual and remain unbeaten. Gibbs has definately brought in a new culture and although the same players are getting in the best, your right that the bottom 6 or 7 players are alot better quality than they have been in previous years. Plenty of rotations through the midfield and Gibbs as a focal point in attack, the roos may see finals action once again.
Gibbs in attack??? didnt he play down back at banno? i suppose when you are coach you can play where you like!

Gibbs in attack??? didnt he play down back at banno? i suppose when you are coach you can play where you like!

He started in defence at nth Geelong from memory. He is a quality player in this comp. Has matured into a solid player these days. Was a hot head in his day as a kid running around at magpie land. Good to hear the Roos are up and about. Great for a competition where typically the good get better and the average get worse. I struggle to see a time where the top five has one of let alone all of Winch, GW, Anakie, Inver, Belmont.

He started in defence at nth Geelong from memory. He is a quality player in this comp. Has matured into a solid player these days. Was a hot head in his day as a kid running around at magpie land. Good to hear the Roos are up and about. Great for a competition where typically the good get better and the average get worse. I struggle to see a time where the top five has one of let alone all of Winch, GW, Anakie, Inver, Belmont.

its happened b4 and will probs happen again this year even, terrible comment imo

Terrible comment. What in your opinion do you make that call, are you basing it on Geelong wests recent run of good for. Or the fact that. Winch get good players every 4 years who then disappear. Yes I agree that in 2087 they could all be the top five but if my mum had balls she'd be my dad. I just can't see a time coming in the near future where they will all be strong at once. I'd love to see it but I doubt it will in the next 20 yrs. Who do centrals have this week?

Terrible comment. What in your opinion do you make that call, are you basing it on Geelong wests recent run of good for. Or the fact that. Winch get good players every 4 years who then disappear. Yes I agree that in 2087 they could all be the top five but if my mum had balls she'd be my dad. I just can't see a time coming in the near future where they will all be strong at once. I'd love to see it but I doubt it will in the next 20 yrs. Who do centrals have this week?

geez someone thinks there a comedian 1 of those teams u mentioned will be top 5 this year mark my words, either anakie or inver will be.

geez someone thinks there a comedian 1 of those teams u mentioned will be top 5 this year mark my words, either anakie or inver will be.

I hope they both do. I wasn't sinking the boots in. My point was it's a shame these teams aren't in together more often. I played against these teams for ten years as a centurion and more often than not the teams I mentioned were easy beats. Nothing against them but I'd love to see the gdfl become a much more even comp in the near future so once i retire I can go back and watch great footy every week with my young bloke down at galvin.

Originally Posted by damiandannet
Is Adam Bell still playing for Werribee centrals? Rumour is he snitched on some guys at his last footy club and had to leave town. Pretty ordinary guy from all reports

Not the right forum for this rubbish u fool....u wouldn't know anything about belly, pull your head in!

Originally Posted by damiandannet
Is Adam Bell still playing for Werribee centrals? Rumour is he snitched on some guys at his last footy club and had to leave town. Pretty ordinary guy from all reports

Not the right forum for this rubbish u fool....u wouldn't know anything about belly, pull your head in!

Yer right on Jonny cash this is a footy forum no need to get personal LETS keep it to footy whats the predictions for this week anyone like to start it off :):)

matured or just doesnt have his brother to back him up anymore?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, you wouldn't be far off mate. As for the Centrals/Bell relationship, clubs recruit players they think can win them games and ultimately a premiership. Centrals has a great culture that goes way back so I don't think a few shit blokes will change that going forward. Most recruits usually bugger off after a few years anyway. What games are on this round?

His brother is on the sidelines as assistant coach and imo would still run onto the ground in the case of a brawl to chop out his brother.

Played as a defender most of his career but played at CHF in the pre season with good results and has started off the season with a few goals, which has been crucial with Pitman struggling for form.

Haha, you wouldn't be far off mate. As for the Centrals/Bell relationship, clubs recruit players they think can win them games and ultimately a premiership. Centrals has a great culture that goes way back so I don't think a few shit blokes will change that going forward. Most recruits usually bugger off after a few years anyway. What games are on this round?

Good points but don't put belly in this category, he has been one of the most genuine blokes at the club! the occasional player of ordinary character doesn't last any more than one season......underlining the clubs strong culture of respect!

I've never met Belly. Have never spoken to any ex teammates about him either so the bit where I said " shit blokes" was not meant to be a reference to him. He said she said stuff is more often rubbish that sorts itself out. I notice centrals playing a few young kids. Saunders who won the 3rd division under 19 league medal.( 3rd division a great effort as the ammos have maybe six strong 19 divisions) Scotty rathbone I believe has played. Lightning quick with a heart of gold. And Shaun mcguiness is an ex Werribee juniors/trentham player who I think will be a Jet. Huge pat on the back to Mr D Leatch for playing kids. Add them to Smith,Cornish,Ellis,Todaro and Pilkington etc and centrals have a top future.

Werribee to beat winch
Centurians will be to strong

Thompson to beat inverliegh Could go either way

BPH to beat G/West Bph will go on there merry way

E/Geelong to beat Corio Could go either way

Banno to lose to Nth GeelongBanno in trouble maybe one to many coaches

E/Belmont to lose to Anakie Anakie look to strong

Anyone keen to predict ther b&f at this early stage or put in a smokey
Who there best players at this stage or predict a leauge best player:)

Hi Quazza thanks for that. Thought i would check my sources over the easter break and definately confirmed that he snitched. Turned on a few mates after running off with one of their girlfriends and moving to Werribee. I have read the actual snitching documents- its everything you wouldnt want in a bloke at your footy club i guess. I bet his old club are happy to see the back of him. Makes me wonder why Leatch would have him there as Bell has actually turned on some of Leatch's mates too.... Maybe David Leatch doesnt know yet
TWO Bacchus Marsh men who took part in a violent “riot” where a man was bashed unconscious have escaped immediate jail sentences.
Darley Football Club members Travis Minns, 27, and Zane Dix, 26, fronted the Ballarat Magistrates Court yesterday after Minns earlier pleaded guilty to recklessly causing serious injury and affray, and Dix to affray.

The court heard that during the early hours of September 20, 2009, Benjamin Hall, 32, was bashed by a “mob” of at least 10 people at a Bacchus Marsh petrol station, many of which were also members of the Darley Football Club.

Mr Hall was later taken to the Bacchus Marsh Hospital by ambulance after suffering what were described as “very serious” injuries including a fractured left eye socket, a three-centimetre laceration to the left lower eye lid and severe swelling and bruising.

Minns was sentenced to nine months in prison to be served by way of an Intensive Corrections Order and ordered to pay $3000 in compensation while Dix was given five months in jail, also to be served through an ICO.

Details of the affray were retold in court through statements made by former football club member Adam Bell, who was the only witness to come forward.

Mr Bell said that Mr Hall went to the petrol station where a group had gathered following an earlier altercation outside the Young and Main Hotel in Bacchus Marsh.

He said Minns punched Mr Hall in the head, causing the group to get involved. When Mr Hall was forced to the ground he said “everyone was doing whatever they could to hurt him”.

Mr Bell then jumped in and tried to quell the escalating brawl but “started copping hits to the back of the head” and was knocked to the ground.

He said as he got up Dix punched him in the face.

He said Mr Hall was lying on the ground in the foetal position covering his face with his hands and people were punching and kicking him relentlessly.

The court heard Mr Bell felt “ashamed to be part of the Darley Football Club” and was “sickened by what happened and what could have happened had the attack continued”.

“I’m also sickened by what I’ve been told about these actions,” magistrate Peter Couzens said, referring to the attack as “a riot in the street”.

“This is outrageous behaviour of a type that is simply too prevalent in the community.”

If this is why he snitched than your a fool pal. Id rather have him
In my side than the thugs your trying protect you idiot. And dont say its got anything to do with women either

Hi Quazza- just thought I would send you a quote from today's Ballarat Courier where it was confirmed that Adam Bell indeed snitched on his ex-team mates.

"Details of the affray were retold in court through statements made by former football club member Adam Bell, who was the only witness to come forward."

If i were to spell the word snitch it would be A-D-A-M-B-E-L-L.

So your calling him a snitch because he wouldnt stand around while 10 blokes punched the crap out of 1 guy.

Hi Quazza- just thought I would send you a quote from today's Ballarat Courier where it was confirmed that Adam Bell indeed snitched on his ex-team mates.

"Details of the affray were retold in court through statements made by former football club member Adam Bell, who was the only witness to come forward."

If i were to spell the word snitch it would be A-D-A-M-B-E-L-L.

Like i said he is a top bloke. Your coming on here trying to ruin a guys name for doing the right thing.. The whole article shows how good of a bloke he is.. you cannot say that u would stand there and watch a group of blokes belting on one guy. You might have a problem with him but this forum is not the right place to be doing what you are doing

An unbelievable amount of arrivals at werribee 24 in total, can anyone confirm how many of these guys are senior players and will have an impact on werribee's effort to make the grand final this year?

So saying a few shit blokes won't change going forward I think is a massive call and massive under statement, surely 30-40% of these guys will be senior players and will help them going forward, werribee hav'n't lost many from last year.

Anderson, Adrian
Bailey Buckler, Justin
Boyd, Daniel
Briggs, Anthony
Cachia, Luke
Cailes, Jack
Chetcuti, Daniel
Dalton, Gavin
De Luca, Nicholas
Keartland, Mark
Kitson, Thomas
Knight, Michael
Leung, Vincent
Macleod, Alex
Magnabosco, Jarred
Mcguinness, Shaun
Pengely, Kyle
Rathbone, Scott
Ryan, Jake
Saunders, Bradley
Speziale, Luke
Vassallo, Jake
Wallace, Nathan
Weatherley, Shane

Like i said he is a top bloke. Your coming on here trying to ruin a guys name for doing the right thing.. The whole article shows how good of a bloke he is.. you cannot say that u would stand there and watch a group of blokes belting on one guy. You might have a problem with him but this forum is not the right place to be doing what you are doing

I dont even know the guy in question (Adam Bell) but i would have him as a friend long before damiondunnit

An unbelievable amount of arrivals at werribee 24 in total, can anyone confirm how many of these guys are senior players and will have an impact on werribee's effort to make the grand final this year?

So saying a few shit blokes won't change going forward I think is a massive call and massive under statement, surely 30-40% of these guys will be senior players and will help them going forward, werribee hav'n't lost many from last year.

Anderson, Adrian
Bailey Buckler, Justin
Boyd, Daniel
Briggs, Anthony
Cachia, Luke
Cailes, Jack
Chetcuti, Daniel
Dalton, Gavin
De Luca, Nicholas
Keartland, Mark
Kitson, Thomas
Knight, Michael
Leung, Vincent
Macleod, Alex
Magnabosco, Jarred
Mcguinness, Shaun
Pengely, Kyle
Rathbone, Scott
Ryan, Jake
Saunders, Bradley
Speziale, Luke
Vassallo, Jake
Wallace, Nathan
Weatherley, Shane

You can add to that list the big Bronco! New highly touted recruit from the southern suburbs and just getting over a couple of niggly injuries...STAY TUNED!

You can add to that list the big Bronco! New highly touted recruit from the southern suburbs and just getting over a couple of niggly injuries...STAY TUNED!

Last nite the gdfl tribuneral suspended no 1 for Thompson for a late hit from behind on brad Futulla from Bannockburn breaking futullas jaw:eek::eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

GDFL Geelong and District Football League - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back