Geelong "arrogant" or fearful?

Remove this Banner Ad

Like I said in a thread on the Geelong board, we had the following players missing on Friday night (with the equivalent St.Kilda player in brackets):

- our number one ruckman (Gardiner)
- key forward/back up ruckman (Kosi)
- best clearance player (Hayes)
- best small forward (Milne)
- a player capable of playing forward, back or through the middle (Montagna)
- a defensive forward (Dempster).

To think missing six players playing those roles was even in impact on the Saints to be without a centre half forward who dives at the slightest hint of contact and a half back flanker who is proficient at kicking helicopter punts is delusional to say the least.

Our medical staff is the best in the business, of course you're going to have more players out.

A club, which has always been full of snipers, gets roughed up a bit, and crumbles under the pressure, and now starts squealing like a stuck pig......just look at their supporter on here...

ROFL - yeah, 2 flags from 3 years of domination, and they crumble under pressure. Are you sure you didn't confuse Geelong with St Kilda? God knows squealing like a stuck pig sounds like most Aint's fans around here. You'd think they were the greatest team in history with the way they carry on.

Big deal, you knocked off the Cats in H&A just like last year - I'm fairly certain the Cats will let you have that one, they'll keep the cup warm down at Skilled :thumbsu:

Our medical staff is the best in the business, of course you're going to have more players out.

Was that before or after you ran Luke Ball into the ground? Luckily he's getting quality care down at the Lexus Centre :thumbsu:

Who's conceding the premiership? I still reckon we are a good chance to win it, even if we are a little behind the Cats & Aints. Nothing in our recent games against either club screams unbeatable to me.

the 3 k walk to the nearest football oval has him nicely warmed up?

Working wonders by the looks of things :thumbsu:

One Collingwood supporter cited the H&A winner/GF winner precedent, and now Geelong are keeping the cup warm. Looks like the Pies fans are certain it's Geelong's year.

I meant they were keeping the 2009 Premiership Cup warm. You know, the one they beat you guys to get?

Working wonders by the looks of things :thumbsu:

really, his output looks similar to last year.

188 supercoach points less than last year fwiw

I meant they were keeping the 2009 Premiership Cup warm. You know, the one they beat you guys to get?

and you guys, or doesn't that training run count?

really, his output looks similar to last year.

188 supercoach points less than last year fwiw

Has missed 1 game this year for a break, so make it 100 behind. And in any case, Supercoach? Statistically he's playing better.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...id2=5&pid2=46&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=P&fopt2=2009

Also makes our side looks better.

and you guys, or doesn't that training run count?

We didn't drop 1 game for the entire H&A season, or have an epically good run with injuries, particularly towards the end of the season. Plus we too weren't good enough :thumbsu:

Has missed 1 game this year for a break, so make it 100 behind. And in any case, Supercoach? Statistically he's playing better.

So you're talking quantity of statistics rather than quality? Can't argue there.

Also makes our side looks better.

I thought your 11-2 finish last year was more impressive than your 9-1-3 start this year.

We didn't drop 1 game for the entire H&A season, or have an epically good run with injuries, particularly towards the end of the season. Plus we too weren't good enough :thumbsu:

11-2 running into the finals and you're not good enough?

11-2 running into the finals and you're not good enough?

We lost Pendlebury - was always going to be a struggle from there. Still not sure how we even beat the Crows last year; we were outplayed in that game by a fair margin. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!

Plus we've got a harder drawer this year, which, as much as Mick wants to whine about it, is a very good thing. If we finish Top 4 this year nobody can accuse of us getting their because of an easy drawer.

P.S. Our start this season is harder then our finish last year IMO, so yes, I'd say it's more impressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After, why do you think he was on sub 70% game time

Is that why Ball was sitting on the pine in the last quarter of the GF, while Goddard was running around with a broken nose and broken collarbone?

Is that why Ball was sitting on the pine in the last quarter of the GF, while Goddard was running around with a broken nose and broken collarbone?

no, that would be because of the damage his opponent does going the other way.

You play shithouse anti-football. If the Cats aren't in the GF, and St Kilda are, I doubt I'll be watching.

This is the blueprint for being a sore loser.

I think you'll find it's not just me. It's woeful. Flood 16-17-18 men into the opposition forwardline, then try and do it in your own forwardline. Can't imagine what it's like for you to have to watch that every weekend.

So when Geelong has 16+ men back on multiple occasions as they did on Friday night, that's ok? Of course given you only commentate from your armchair, you'll deny this occurs.

Like I said in a thread on the Geelong board, we had the following players missing on Friday night (with the equivalent St.Kilda player in brackets):

- our number one ruckman (Gardiner)
- key forward/back up ruckman (Kosi)
- best clearance player (Hayes)
- best small forward (Milne)
- a player capable of playing forward, back or through the middle (Montagna)
- a defensive forward (Dempster).

To think missing six players playing those roles was even in impact on the Saints to be without a centre half forward who dives at the slightest hint of contact and a half back flanker who is proficient at kicking helicopter punts is delusional to say the least.

I love the way you Geelong blokes doctor facts to suit your arguments.

Gamble, West and Hunt come out.

Chapman, Ottens, Corey come in.

Kelly is also a good player, but who comes out? No doubt you'll pick the worst 3 players from Fri night and tell them to come out. You can only have 22 at a time.

Now given that Mark Thompson called up Adrian Anderson and specifically whinged about Baker's game on Johnson, this certainly indicates that we have gotten up Geelong's skirt.

Bring on the next encounter. I can't wait.

I love the way you Geelong blokes doctor facts to suit your arguments.

Gamble, West and Hunt come out.

Chapman, Ottens, Corey come in.

Kelly is also a good player, but who comes out? No doubt you'll pick the worst 3 players from Fri night and tell them to come out. You can only have 22 at a time.

Now given that Mark Thompson called up Adrian Anderson and specifically whinged about Baker's game on Johnson, this certainly indicates that we have gotten up Geelong's skirt.

Bring on the next encounter. I can't wait.
Kelly has been our second best player this year. Yes, he is clearly in our best 22 week any week, every week. Our best 22 is still basically the 22 that beat you in the Grand Final, with Lonergan or Hunt in for Harley and Pods in for Rooke (assuming he doesn't come up). I'd drop Wojcinski, Josh Hunt or Stokes in a heartbeat for Kelly.

Kelly has been our second best player this year. Yes, he is clearly in our best 22 week any week, every week. Our best 22 is still basically the 22 that beat you in the Grand Final, with Lonergan or Hunt in for Harley and Pods in for Rooke (assuming he doesn't come up). I'd drop Wojcinski, Josh Hunt or Stokes in a heartbeat for Kelly.

Kind of affects your structure if those changes are made though.

I'd prefer Kelly on Milne compared to Hunt, Wojo is your quickest player and Stokes is more threatening as a goal sneak IMO.

I would agree Kelly is a starter, but I think your best 22 may be a horses for a course approach.

This is the blueprint for being a sore loser.

I was trying to get a rise. Not from you though.

So when Geelong has 16+ men back on multiple occasions as they did on Friday night, that's ok? Of course given you only commentate from your armchair, you'll deny this occurs.

I deny this occurs. Or, they do it with style. Probably following their opponents into your forward 50 when they're trying to clam it up in there.

I deny this occurs. Or, they do it with style. Probably following their opponents into your forward 50 when they're trying to clam it up in there.

So which one is it then?

Kind of affects your structure if those changes are made though.

I'd prefer Kelly on Milne compared to Hunt, Wojo is your quickest player and Stokes is more threatening as a goal sneak IMO.

I would agree Kelly is a starter, but I think your best 22 may be a horses for a course approach.
It's true, we have a best 25 or so more than a best 22. But Kelly is in the first 10 picked for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong "arrogant" or fearful?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back