Geelong chokes again

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong didnt choke at all, such crap. We were missing a few players and port were simply too good for us today. Port are a bloody good team and beat us fair and square, stupid sstupid thread

They cracked under the finals type pressure all day. Poor decision making all day. Id rather play Geelong week 1 in finals then Port Adelaide

They have a history of it.

Have you all forgotton about the Sydney prelim 2yrs ago. They couldnt close the deal in the last seconds.

Mate, go back and have a look who we were missing that night and who got injured during the game. Full marks to the Swans that night for their efforts.

Of course, if you had the aggots to list your side, we could all name a time they've lost on the last kick of the day because - strangely enough - it's happened to everybody. That's football.

Oh and you wouldnt be a Port Powder supporter would you I mean you don't even have the balls to show who you support.....:rolleyes:

No way is it a Port supporter, never seen it post on the Port board

Great game - Port deserved it, but **** it was hardly a choke. If WE had won it, it would have been a massive choke by Port Adelaide - they were the better team all day.

And I don't want to make excuses, but Ling Bartel and Selwood are all integral players to our side. Everyone gets injuries - and today I think while we did play crap, we showed we can stick it to the second best team in the comp even when missing a big chunk of our midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a cry Geelong we all know what failure feels like don't we we suffered a loss at the GF in 05 be glad it's in the prem season just goes to show you still aren't good enough and as CHOCO said you don't get a cup for finishing on top you have to win a FLAG.

Some of you are getting caught up in the game itself and the season they've had.

I'm talking about the last 90 secs, one point up, they were scared, nobody provided options, they were tentative, kicking backwards 50m, not clearing the defence.

This is meant to be a side who has one hand on the cup. They didnt know what to do.

who are port adelaide fans too be throwing the choking word about ? the biggest chokers in the past decade , they cant turn the clocks back and win those flags can they ?

geelong played ok today looked a little flat , but sure they wont really be worried about it when they rested the big three mid fielders who are worth at least 60 poss , and 6 goals directly , be interseted too see what approach and who gets a rest next week for the brisbane game ..

after today i am sure that the geelong fc would be secertly smiling about their chances of winning the big one as port threw every thing at them and still only just won , couple of worrying things but ,

varcoe not running the ball and taking shots on goal ,

shannon byrnes ,finished at club , in the draft ,

joel corey very quite day ,

mathew egen , not as attacking as normal ,

port are a very good side with some real footballers in the side , i wrote a month ago that they would be the biggest threat too geelong winning the big one and after today i am sure they are , but am confidant that geelongs best 22 on the mcg will be very very hard too beat for the flag ..

Have a cry Geelong we all know what failure feels like don't we we suffered a loss at the GF in 05 be glad it's in the prem season just goes to show you still aren't good enough and as CHOCO said you don't get a cup for finishing on top you have to win a FLAG.
One loss and we aren't good enough :rolleyes::thumbsdown:

Some of you are getting caught up in the game itself and the season they've had.

I'm talking about the last 90 secs, one point up, they were scared, nobody provided options, they were tentative, kicking backwards 50m, not clearing the defence.

This is meant to be a side who has one hand on the cup. They didnt know what to do.

Take the Cornes boys out and the Burgoyne boys out, and that's the equivalent of what Geelong had out today in Bartel, Ling, Selwood & Rooke.

Go back to your fishing trawler troll

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong chokes again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back