Geelong College vs Haileybury

Remove this Banner Ad

Brian Fantana said:
In top form and playing with great confidence will Geelong College challenge Haileybury this week?

this will be a good game as GC have been going great and this will be there testing ground
hope the weather is fine so we get a good look at GC

Just coming off flogging BGS on the weekend by 100+ points... With the confidence sky high they could give the scholarship team a bit of a scare I reckon!

haileybury to win in a good game...for the first half. geelong wont have the skill, size or fitness to go with haileybury for the game.

I knew they were ahead of themsleves, but i didn't know they were this far ahead. College have a ton of spirit, but so did Melbourne Grammer.

Hailbury will not be challenged in this game, College will try, but they'll still go down by minimum 10 goals. College will be put back in their box this week.

I have got to agree with Footsteps and dutch, Haileybury will be far too strong for Geelong College, they may have spirit but that doesnt quite cover it when u come up against a extremely strong team.
My tip
Haileybury 15.14.104
Defeated
Geelong College 5.3.33
Everyone in the past has sed Melbourne Grammar have had spirit Haileybury beat them by 12 goals, Brighton had spirit, Haileybury beat them by 12 goals, and most of Xavier had spirit Haileybury beat them by 14 goals.
Geelong will compete but will be run off their feet after quarter time to be blown away

dutchy12 said:
i am with u footsteps8 i think that GC will win!
by 100+ points

mate, footsteps8 said that haileybury will win, and here u've said that GC will win, please make up your mind

yeh that was confusing, geelong wont have the depth around the ground that haileybury have. obviously a good team, but wont be good enough on the day on what is a bigger ground than they are used to over the bay

Will be great game. GC were thinking about 2 late changes. Bringing in the scholarship brothers. They are amazing players, but the school thought better of it. They decided to stick with the home grown boys and give it their best shot.
A great idea. Let's hope they can still win.

DG-Man said:
Will be great game. GC were thinking about 2 late changes. Bringing in the scholarship brothers. They are amazing players, but the school thought better of it. They decided to stick with the home grown boys and give it their best shot.
A great idea. Let's hope they can still win.

who are geelong college's scholarship players??.... i didnt know they had any!:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haileybury we're also thinking of a late change and taking out two scholarship guys but decided against it...might as well smash geel by as much as possible.

Ha Haileybury wont lose to anyone, especially Geelong, but even if they did lose tomorrow against Geelong they wouldnt care that much, because it all comes down to the final 3 redraw rounds, and they will smash every1 in those rounds. Geelong dont have half the talent Haileybury have and i would dare to say that only 3-4 max players in that geelong team would get in the team of 21 at Haileybury.
Haileybury by 12 goals

Irony said:
Ha Haileybury wont lose to anyone, especially Geelong, but even if they did lose tomorrow against Geelong they wouldnt care that much, because it all comes down to the final 3 redraw rounds, and they will smash every1 in those rounds. Geelong dont have half the talent Haileybury have and i would dare to say that only 3-4 max players in that geelong team would get in the team of 21 at Haileybury.
Haileybury by 12 goals
HAHA! so agree...escpecially with the bloods yr10s..vickery, smith, piggin, lynch, martin, steen , johnny nic, perri, lilliee and douglas??? Go the bloods!!!!!

Haileybury Defeated Geelong College by 80 points as I said before any team that gets within 10 goals of this team will be the second best team going around

was great to see the massive crowd at haileybury to watch the game, could count at least 10 people, just is a great sense of school spirit at that school.

beanpole said:
was great to see the massive crowd at haileybury to watch the game, could count at least 10 people, just is a great sense of school spirit at that school.
Not only can Geelong boys not play football, they have trouble counting as well. I am assuming that Beanpole tried to count but ran out of fingers and toes.

you guys have the smallest crowds...... seen more people at an under 12 comp. but your right mate, beanpole couldnt count because there was 21 people and 20 of them were from geelong

Despite a breakaway from the bloods in the 2nd quarter, i think Geelong College were very competitive. A 5 goal to 7 goal second half is proof the College can stay up there with the best in the competition. Might i ad that they kicked the highest score this year against haileybury. An effort they can be proud of, and, as a viewer of the game, not counting the geelong college seconds, there were barely 20 people watching. The Haileybury 2nds didnt even watch - great school spirit!

It is also clear were the school funds are going - close to, if not the worst facilities and ground in the APS.

Brian Fantana said:
Despite a breakaway from the bloods in the 2nd quarter, i think Geelong College were very competitive. A 5 goal to 7 goal second half is proof the College can stay up there with the best in the competition. Might i ad that they kicked the highest score this year against haileybury. An effort they can be proud of, and, as a viewer of the game, not counting the geelong college seconds, there were barely 20 people watching. The Haileybury 2nds didnt even watch - great school spirit!

It is also clear were the school funds are going - close to, if not the worst facilities and ground in the APS.

Look Haileybury were far too good for Geelong and if you looked inside all the cars parked around the ground you might have seen the people
but you are from Geelong
It just goes to show you that a team get beaten by 80 points and think they have done well
there would only be 1-2 players from geelong that MIGHT get a game in the starting 21 at the BLOODS

Im going to start something that is called being positive. I play for College. Everyone keeps bagging HC and saying they are a bought team. From what we saw and got taught on Saturday is that they are not only a team of champions but a champion team. They are a very close knit bunch of guys. They all play together there were no individuals.

Scholrships are rife through our hole comp. HC are no worse than any other of our schools. So congrats to HC and good luck to everyone for the rest of the season

There is only 1 bloke in that whole team that would be a starter in Haileyburys team and that is Rockerfeller

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong College vs Haileybury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back