GDFL Geelong & District Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan Gibbs would be around 27 28.
still a few more years in him, played some good footy last year wen i found time to watch.
as for bannockburn keeping those three young players, rumour is all of which have been contacted by other clubs. but like i sed rumour.

To follow up on the Gibbs story, apparently has signed for another rival GDFL club. Not exactly sure of whom, will confirm later. Anyone?

Considering they spent around 75k - 85k last season, adding a $400 player to the books may stretch the Eagles. Good get though!
East are paying nowhere near that champ. Do the sums yourself. $80k would mean every player in the senior team would receive $200 per week, every game. We all know that at least half of every senior GDFL team play for nothing and that those that do get payed get anywhere from $50 - $500 a game therefore your numbers just don't add, not for East and probably not for any other team in the GDFL.

The club is transparent with its total player payments and this info is presented at the AGM annually. If anyone actually wants it I can provide it.

East are paying nowhere near that champ. Do the sums yourself. $80k would mean every player in the senior team would receive $200 per week, every game. We all know that at least half of every senior GDFL team play for nothing and that those that do get payed get anywhere from $50 - $500 a game therefore your numbers just don't add, not for East and probably not for any other team in the GDFL.

The club is transparent with its total player payments and this info is presented at the AGM annually. If anyone actually wants it I can provide it.
Does that include flying players in from interstate?

Would've thought $80k was around the norm of wat most clubs would pay out in this day and age?

Would've thought $80k was around the norm of wat most clubs would pay out in this day and age?
Maybe it is in the GFL but I wouldn't think so in the GDFL although as stated I have only got experience at one club where only some of the players get payed.

Honestly though, does it matter how much clubs pay? Are clubs criticised if they throw the coin around? They shouldn't be because everyone has the one intention - to win. If you have the money to lure a decent play to your club, do it.

I think his numbers could be around the ballpark. I realise your privy to all the financials, but wasn't big Skrobba paid 20k to play/coach in 07? Surely after a grand final berth, a pay cut was furtherest from his mind?
That said, we are now talking about 60K between 21 players, at an average of $150/player.
The more you delve, the closer the numbers match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think his numbers could be around the ballpark. I realise your privy to all the financials, but wasn't big Skrobba paid 20k to play/coach in 07? Surely after a grand final berth, a pay cut was furtherest from his mind?
That said, we are now talking about 60K between 21 players, at an average of $150/player.

Closter would've been on close to $500 a game, so there is another $9,000. (and worth every cent mind you).

Now that is 20 players left at an average of around $120/player.
And I do also believe non-contracted players were getting $50 a win, and East only lost 2 games for the year.

Closter would've been on close to $500 a game, so there is another $9,000. (and worth every cent mind you).

Now that is 20 players left at an average of around $120/player.
And I do also believe non-contracted players were getting $50 a win, and East only lost 2 games for the year.
thomson were paying $40 a win for non contracted players.also here royce vardy back in geelong in couple of weeks and heard will play for thomson again

thomson were paying $40 a win for non contracted players.also here royce vardy back in geelong in couple of weeks and heard will play for thomson again

Vardy has retired and Thomson were paying $50 a win like East for non-contracted players.

Sorry couldn't respond earlier was busy losing my money at both the track and then the cas. and have spent the day explaining that to the lovely Not a good weekend but also a very good weekend.

As stated the club presents the numbers at the AGM so if you grab a copy of the report you can read it for yourself but your ballbpark is about 25% off.

In regard to the big bloke every dollar given to him has been money well spent and I would think that anyone coached by him would agree.

East won the flag didnt they? money well spent....

Good call. after reading the addy 2day it seems 2 local team that have won flags in the last few yrs in newcomb and belmont r up shit creek. U must have the right people of the field to bring in the money 2 spend on players so its a credit 2 there committee

Good call. after reading the addy 2day it seems 2 local team that have won flags in the last few yrs in newcomb and belmont r up shit creek. U must have the right people of the field to bring in the money 2 spend on players so its a credit 2 there committee
After speaking to a few guys at East, it seems they will be just as strong next year. Only a few guys retiring and about 4 or 5 decent recruits so far. Unlike the two clubs mentioned above, it seems the Eagles will remain contenders for some time.

Word is Ricky O'Toole is looking at having another crack at GFL with St Joseph's. Hasn't signed yet but is definately considering it.

I'm so sick of hearing this blokes name. Let's be realistic, what has he achieved ?? a Mathieson. He pumps his own tryes up & to be honest dosen't back it up. I'm not here to stir the shit, but honestly I've watched him play probably 30 times & he either A) Chases arse or B) gets tagged & goes missing or sheepdogs. He thrives off his own reputation which, lets be honest, there is a ton of better footballers going around. Sorry if I have upset any of Rick's posse, but that's how it is.

I'm so sick of hearing this blokes name. Let's be realistic, what has he achieved ?? a Mathieson. He pumps his own tryes up & to be honest dosen't back it up. I'm not here to stir the shit, but honestly I've watched him play probably 30 times & he either A) Chases arse or B) gets tagged & goes missing or sheepdogs. He thrives off his own reputation which, lets be honest, there is a ton of better footballers going around. Sorry if I have upset any of Rick's posse, but that's how it is.
Agree completely.Another name i hope doesnt crop up is HAAMI Wllliams. they make so much fuss in the local media about these people leaving and then they pop up somewhere else.They are either coming or going, not doing anything in between.Sick of hearing about them on Krock as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back