GDFL Geelong & District Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Question dougy. Bryant from north Geelong has put on some beef is quicker and skills are sharper than ever. I'd expect him to join the gdfl elite this season

yeh i hope skroba gives some young guys a crack it would be good, if every team got a player in as well, definatley there is enough talent to go round in the league. Plus it would also make the Gdfl a lot stronger giving young guys a chance at proving them selves by not just having the older players playing. But a good mix of both would be better. example:
Bryant,(Nth), Duggan(Bel), Peel(Inv)
then have guys like Grgic(Bph), Otoole (Cor), Mclean (Thom). That is just an example, what is everybody else think?:thumbsu:

yeh i hope skroba gives some young guys a crack it would be good, if every team got a player in as well, definatley there is enough talent to go round in the league. Plus it would also make the Gdfl a lot stronger giving young guys a chance at proving them selves by not just having the older players playing. But a good mix of both would be better. example:
Bryant,(Nth), Duggan(Bel), Peel(Inv)
then have guys like Grgic(Bph), Otoole (Cor), Mclean (Thom). That is just an example, what is everybody else think?:thumbsu:
Knowing the big fella I am sure he will give the young blokes a crack - he is actually biased against the older bloke and thinks they should make way. I don't know if the same can be said about Fop and Skanky as I dont know either bloke however they should be encouraged to look at form rather than reputation when picking the team and if faced with a choice choose the young bloke.

And by the way just for all those thinking that players wont make themselves available my conversations since it was announced have all been contrary to that with everyone I have spoken too pretty keen to get a gig.

Knowing the big fella I am sure he will give the young blokes a crack - he is actually biased against the older bloke and thinks they should make way. I don't know if the same can be said about Fop and Skanky as I dont know either bloke however they should be encouraged to look at form rather than reputation when picking the team and if faced with a choice choose the young bloke.

And by the way just for all those thinking that players wont make themselves available my conversations since it was announced have all been contrary to that with everyone I have spoken too pretty keen to get a gig.

yeh spot on drago, could not agree more, the gdfl need some fresh blood in the system and with a coaching panel setup with the likes of Fop, Smith, and Skroba i feel that every who does try out especailly young blokes i think they will benefit from there coaching and teaching expereince, It is time for the Gdfl to rise and start playing more rep footy, cause all teams will have a better chance at keeping there kids at the club. Also is under 18s having interleague?:)

yeh spot on drago, could not agree more, the gdfl need some fresh blood in the system and with a coaching panel setup with the likes of Fop, Smith, and Skroba i feel that every who does try out especailly young blokes i think they will benefit from there coaching and teaching expereince, It is time for the Gdfl to rise and start playing more rep footy, cause all teams will have a better chance at keeping there kids at the club. Also is under 18s having interleague?:)

Yeah there is a under 18s Interleague side.

Anyone heard any news out of Belmont ?

From what i have heard there is 2 players from the seniors still there in Duggan & Moody... Oh and also the coach Matt Toohey.

the voice....... the word coming out of winers reserve is pretty bleek from all reports. only a hand full of senior footballers. most of the numbers a training are made up of under 18's player. i think willl be the wooden spoon for the lions

Maybe the president and vice president might have to do some preseason and get there backsides out on the ground ! From all reports they are pretty upset with some of there mates that have departed club is this correct ? I hear Ward used to be a pretty good player a few years back so im sure he could lead from the front and get out there and protect all these juniors they are gonna have playing at 2pm ! Not too sure if the vice president has played seniors but he is a big body and would be also able to look after the future of the club... Rumour i heard out of colac is that Peter McVilly and some of his followers may be planning a comeback to Belmont ! Hopefully this is true....

As the season getting closer and most would have near finished recruiting...Who's the big In's and Out's for each team???

Maybe the president and vice president might have to do some preseason and get there backsides out on the ground ! From all reports they are pretty upset with some of there mates that have departed club is this correct ? I hear Ward used to be a pretty good player a few years back so im sure he could lead from the front and get out there and protect all these juniors they are gonna have playing at 2pm ! Not too sure if the vice president has played seniors but he is a big body and would be also able to look after the future of the club... Rumour i heard out of colac is that Peter McVilly and some of his followers may be planning a comeback to Belmont ! Hopefully this is true....

So the_voice or should i just call you Pinokio. Seem to be going from this site to the North Central football league running your mouth with no facts at all backing what you are saying. I happen to know the boys running the club down at winters reserve and i can tell you this they have more sponsors then ever before they are working the backsides off to get the club somewhere unlike your self who sits behind the screen of a computer runs his mouth about stuff he wouldn't even know or might think he knows you sound either like a former player who used to play or a ******* that can not play footy so you resort to this sort of behaviour on the internet cause no one can see you. and you can be the man in your chair in your room. so go down there and ask the boys yourself to get the facts i am sure they will tell you straight. Instead of being a weak gutless rat that sits there and bags a club and its people trying to have a crack. It is easy to kick someone when they are down but you better hope they dont get up cause i think these boys and girls will get up it might take a little bit but they will rise. And people like you will crumble you pathetic little person

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the_voice or should i just call you Pinokio. Seem to be going from this site to the North Central football league running your mouth with no facts at all backing what you are saying. I happen to know the boys running the club down at winters reserve and i can tell you this they have more sponsors then ever before they are working the backsides off to get the club somewhere unlike your self who sits behind the screen of a computer runs his mouth about stuff he wouldn't even know or might think he knows you sound either like a former player who used to play or a ******* that can not play footy so you resort to this sort of behaviour on the internet cause no one can see you. and you can be the man in your chair in your room. so go down there and ask the boys yourself to get the facts i am sure they will tell you straight. Instead of being a weak gutless rat that sits there and bags a club and its people trying to have a crack. It is easy to kick someone when they are down but you better hope they dont get up cause i think these boys and girls will get up it might take a little bit but they will rise. And people like you will crumble you pathetic little person

Great spray:thumbsu:

cant wait for this retort.... over to you voice....

I respect your opinion Bourkey but lets have some supporting evidence e.g. ins and outs, young blokes on the climb etc.

I think the hype is somewhat un-warranted re: Inverleigh.

Have it on good authority that Owen Lewis will struggle to play as his fitness has declined (which is hard to believe, I know) and has missed plenty of the pre-season.

If you're putting all your eggs in the Marcus Forbes basket then you're kidding yourselves. Mentally fragile and his big body does break down, how he made the GDFL TOTY last season is beyond comprehension. Will provide a target when/if injury let's him take the field, but won't win you games off his own boot like a Grgic/Skrobalak would.

Peel (who ripped sides apart last year with his pace/skill, not bad for a then 16 year old) I would have thought would be off to the Falcons which takes away another top 5 player.

Jace Kelly gets plenty of it but does butcher the ball at times and I can't see Hickleton (who is also a good player) showing anymore improvement playing that sweeping role across half-back.

So I can't see them improving enough to challenge for the flag. Don't get me wrong I think they might slip into the top 5 in place of either Bannockburn, Thomson or Weribee but I think they are a long way off either East or BPH.

Bell Post Hill have added Aaron Langsworth and Wade Boywer to their list, as well as a bloke from the Essendon DFL. Anyone know how BPH's preseason has been going

Look I no this is very far-fetched but i would love to see Teesdale having a seniors and reserves team running in the GDFL within the next 5 years. Does anyone else think this is possible or not? I definetly think they would have enough people just money is the issue, could easily just apply for grants however.

Up here in Brisbane, word is one of our Clubs has pickled up 3 North Shore blokes ( I believe in the Geelong League?),
Milligan & Witney (brothers), I think this is their last names? Going to play Div 2.

Any word on how they went down south?
I would imagine the comp up here is a fair bit behind, the Geelong one:confused:.

Up here in Brisbane, word is one of our Clubs has pickled up 3 North Shore blokes ( I believe in the Geelong League?),
Milligan & Witney (brothers), I think this is their last names? Going to play Div 2.

Any word on how they went down south?
I would imagine the comp up here is a fair bit behind, the Geelong one:confused:.

yeah it is massively behind and they will be the best 3 players in that team.

I think the hype is somewhat un-warranted re: Inverleigh.

Have it on good authority that Owen Lewis will struggle to play as his fitness has declined (which is hard to believe, I know) and has missed plenty of the pre-season.

If you're putting all your eggs in the Marcus Forbes basket then you're kidding yourselves. Mentally fragile and his big body does break down, how he made the GDFL TOTY last season is beyond comprehension. Will provide a target when/if injury let's him take the field, but won't win you games off his own boot like a Grgic/Skrobalak would.

Peel (who ripped sides apart last year with his pace/skill, not bad for a then 16 year old) I would have thought would be off to the Falcons which takes away another top 5 player.

Jace Kelly gets plenty of it but does butcher the ball at times and I can't see Hickleton (who is also a good player) showing anymore improvement playing that sweeping role across half-back.

So I can't see them improving enough to challenge for the flag. Don't get me wrong I think they might slip into the top 5 in place of either Bannockburn, Thomson or Weribee but I think they are a long way off either East or BPH.

*I think you may be under estimating werribee here with a top 5 finish...

Werribees INS are far better than there OUTS and with a good hard pre season they are looking fit...

You may find them top 3....

Maybe it's just me but a Murphy, Forbes, Lewis forward line seems pretty dangerous to me.

Sure, they might only all be on the field together for 5 games this season but if it's in the finals then look out. Everyone is pretty quick to get stuck into Forbes on this board but I reckon he'll have a pretty decent season running around as the 3rd tall option.. say what you want about his mental toughness and lack of aggression at the football but the bloke can take a grab. Inverleigh missed the finals by a whisker last year and their list IMO has got stronger. They geniunely lacked talls last season and get 2 above average one's in Murphy & Forbes for this league. Have also been informed Dean Muir has come back from Williamstown which if true means they've all of a sudden got themselves another A Grade midfielder.

Still think East is definitely the team to beat but something tells me Inverleigh might click this year.

Maybe it's just me but a Murphy, Forbes, Lewis forward line seems pretty dangerous to me.

Sure, they might only all be on the field together for 5 games this season but if it's in the finals then look out. Everyone is pretty quick to get stuck into Forbes on this board but I reckon he'll have a pretty decent season running around as the 3rd tall option.. say what you want about his mental toughness and lack of aggression at the football but the bloke can take a grab. Inverleigh missed the finals by a whisker last year and their list IMO has got stronger. They geniunely lacked talls last season and get 2 above average one's in Murphy & Forbes for this league. Have also been informed Dean Muir has come back from Williamstown which if true means they've all of a sudden got themselves another A Grade midfielder.

Still think East is definitely the team to beat but something tells me Inverleigh might click this year.

Belmont had them last year and how well did they go??
I have played with Murphy and he goes pretty good and will add some fire power to their foward line. Forbes is average and is always injured.

2 players are not going to improve them that much. Who else have Inverliegh picked up and lost? I dont think they can get much fitter then they were last year so they can improvein that respect. Also I do recall seeing Inverliegh only beating an undermanned Winchelsea side by 10points :confused::confused:

Belmont had them last year and how well did they go??
I have played with Murphy and he goes pretty good and will add some fire power to their foward line. Forbes is average and is always injured.

2 players are not going to improve them that much. Who else have Inverliegh picked up and lost? I dont think they can get much fitter then they were last year so they can improvein that respect. Also I do recall seeing Inverliegh only beating an undermanned Winchelsea side by 10points :confused::confused:

Winning is winning isnt it?? And that was last year and i know 4 a fact they hav picked up a fair few other decent players other than the 1's mentioned on here plus players comin bak 2 the club from previous years, so i think they will be makin a rise up the ladder this year and be there abouts wen it matters in september. From wot i hear it will be a very different side from last year, taller and tougher, and they wont hav 2 go through Lewis in every forward entry, alot more fire power gonna be in the forward line other than Lewis, Forbes and Murphy if my info is correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back