Geelong game tickets?

Remove this Banner Ad

How does the Geelong game work in regards to away fans getting in?

Looking at making my first trip down to the Baked Potato Stadium, but I imagine it'll be pretty packed and seats will be limited.

Not looking for anything plush or expensive, standing is fine.

Do you just rock up early and it's first in best dressed, or do you have to pre-book, or something else?

Some tips from those that have made the trip before would be appreciated.

There's a news link on the North site. Members can get in now to pick up tickets.

I also take it that the standing section is gone. In the past you used to use your 14 game ticket to get entry, but paid the booking fees (a few bucks) to cover the tickets.

Now you can get either $20 Bronzed seats, or the $25 silver seats.

I got Silver ($5, **** it why not).

You can call the membership line tomorrow morning to get them.

Um, don't expect much from the stadium, and if it rains, expect to get coated.

Geelong fans are ****wits in the outer, especially when they're 'up and about'. Be prepared. I have no idea how ****witish they'll be this time, post Premiership.

Cheers for the heads up.

Just checked and I'm an 8 game member, so I'll have to go through ticketmaster.

****wits don't phase me, I give it back as good as I get it at:thumbsu:
:thumbsu:

Also, if Zondor or Devilfish are up for it, Im willing to meet behind one of the stands to try a baked potato.

...no real names though.

Yep, I booked my tickets for a first trip to skilled! Also 'splurged' on the silver tickets, even though I have no idea what advantage they have over bronze!

There we are:

20824s.gif

Definition of a Catch 22: Trying to use 2 AFL Memberships with NMFC Support Package to get into Skilled Stadium.

Can't get in via AFL Membership entitlements which is fair enough.

Can't purchase tickets from the club as don't fall under the 5, 14 & 22 game member banner which is a rubbish decision as the reason I don't have one of those is that the AFL NMFC Support Package counts towards our total members and the club should recieve the $150 share (or whatever it is) from the AFL.

Can't get 2 seats together via ticketmaster.

Lucky it will be on Fox

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in the Ablett stand too.

A Geelong mate tells me both cheersquads are at the other (Doug Wade) end.

The North cheersquad should be in bay 37-38 on the graphic shown above (and yeah it is stupid to not have the opposition CS behind the goals at the other end).

Thanks for General Admission tip Errol St - just got 2 then.

At least we'll be in the ground and looking forward to standing in the outer just like the good old days.

Anyone know if there is much standing room at the cattery?

Definition of a Catch 22: Trying to use 2 AFL Memberships with NMFC Support Package to get into Skilled Stadium.

Can't get in via AFL Membership entitlements which is fair enough.

Can't purchase tickets from the club as don't fall under the 5, 14 & 22 game member banner which is a rubbish decision as the reason I don't have one of those is that the AFL NMFC Support Package counts towards our total members and the club should recieve the $150 share (or whatever it is) from the AFL.

Can't get 2 seats together via ticketmaster.

Lucky it will be on Fox

This post has made my mind up to give the trip a wide berth and just watch it on Fox at home (which really bloody shits me :mad:), as there's NO WAY I'm trouping down to that shithole to stand way back up the Northern End amongst the hordes of Cats' supporters again. I've done it many times, including the several pi$$ing down days when we've played there. Also can't be stuffed going and sitting ALONE in the stands. Ok, not alone...........with accompanying Baked Potato of course.

Having said all of that above, I've had the same attitude at times in the past and I always end up going down there solo. I can't stand the joint, from an opposition fan's perspective, although some of my most memorable moments at the footy have come from attending games there with a bunch of mates.

T'toes

Thanks for General Admission tip Errol St - just got 2 then.

At least we'll be in the ground and looking forward to standing in the outer just like the good old days.

Anyone know if there is much standing room at the cattery?

It looks much bigger on tv than it does when you're there amongst it snake. Get there early enough to get a spot near the front, or directly above the walkway, or you'll be squashed in amongst the hordes.

T'toes

:thumbsu:

Also, if Zondor or Devilfish are up for it, Im willing to meet behind one of the stands to try a baked potato.

...no real names though.
Just got me 2 GA tickets. Standing in the outer with the lower echelon eating a baked potatoe. Life doesn't get much better then this.:thumbsu:

DF will also be attendance.

Artichoke has a meeting with the Mayor of Shanghai and Onip is a serial non attendee to Baked Potatoe Stadium.:thumbsdown:

Stabding out in the outer at skilled last year was a cracker, the constant slagging of the pussies so called tomahawk :D of course the scoreboard had a fair bit to do with the amount of fun we were having in the outer :thumbsu:

**** it, should have got in earlier. Considering I don't live far from Geelong, it's even more annoying.

I have an Aussie Roos membership, and in other years if I got there early, I could use that to get in the standing room. Doesn't seem like I will be able to do that this year, does anyone think I could?

Stabding out in the outer at skilled last year was a cracker, the constant slagging of the pussies so called tomahawk :D of course the scoreboard had a fair bit to do with the amount of fun we were having in the outer :thumbsu:

It was sensational, and one of those good memories I mentioned above. I was probably nearby as I found myself slagging off at Tomahawk, amongst others.

T'toes

It was sensational, and one of those good memories I mentioned above. I was probably nearby as I found myself slagging off at Tomahawk, amongst others.

T'toes
:D Yeah deffinately one of the better times I've had at the footy I think we ripped into basically every geelong player but the who the **** is tomahawk? what the **** is a tomahawk stand out by far lol :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong game tickets?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back