General AFL Discussion #8 - Carlton Supporters ONLY !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to have a long shower. Feel really dirty barracking for Pies after that. Self violation.

Collingwood are a very ordinary side outside of their Top half a dozen players. Absolutely dominated the midfield, but they only have one quality forward & as a result they struggled to take advantage of their midfield domination. They really lack a decent small forward.

Essendon on the other hand don't bat very deep in their midfield, so unless Watson & Stanton have blinders (which they did last weekend), they have to scrap to stay in the game. Today Watson & Stanton had minimal influence & Collingwood, despite their inability to convert their opportunities, got over the line.

Neither side would seem to have the weapons to finish Top 4 this year. Essendon's best is quite good, but I can see the Eagles, Hawthorn & Sydney, as well as us, being able to shut them down later in the year.

ABC radio made me giggle
one of the callers said
"wonder now what moves Bomber will make....oops I mean Hird"
one is the pretty boy for the media the other is the real coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ABC radio made me giggle
one of the callers said
"wonder now what moves Bomber will make....oops I mean Hird"
one is the pretty boy for the media the other is the real coach

we have known that for ages...

Essendon proved today that they're hard to beat if the opposition is carrying 5 injured players for 3 quarters of a game. Perhaps they'll have to do some more work on their Drive Tackle technique to take out some more opposition mids.

:)

Can some1 tell me why Hird didn't put someone on Swan? Why would you leave one of the best players in the comp to do whatever he wants.

Not surprised the Bombers couldn't back up their performance against a very undermanned Pies outfit

Can some1 tell me why Hird didn't put someone on Swan? Why would you leave one of the best players in the comp to do whatever he wants.

Not surprised the Bombers couldn't back up their performance against a very undermanned Pies outfit
Because they chose to tag Pendlebury instead with there one and only midfield stopper in Hocking, done a good job too as he held him to 34 touches and had 1 or 2 himself.:eek:

You seriously are not suggesting that Hird is the coach of Essendon are you Krooze....:p

Because they chose to tag Pendlebury instead with there one and only midfield stopper in Hocking, done a good job too as he held him to 34 touches and had 1 or 2 himself.:eek:

You seriously are not suggesting that Hird is the coach of Essendon are you Krooze....:p

I wouldn't be making fun of Hocking because Ablett and Pendles squashed him, yet he kept Judd very quiet by his standards. Now why was that?

And yeah agree that Thompson's the one calling the shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back