General AFL Discussion #8 - Carlton Supporters ONLY !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just had a look at the Bombers board, news apparently is they are throwing "bucket loads" at Dangerfield.

Good for the lulz. They would have to do a straight swap with Hurley to get him. in other words, they are no chance.

I would say if you are going to bend the knees to change the legality of the tackle you are breaking the rules and a free kick ought to be paid against you for attempting to cheat. That would stop the practice dead. If there is no risk to the player attempting to con the ump what incentive is there to stop trying to milk the free. A few frees in front of goal as a result of the acting and lets see if it doesnt disappear as a tactic.

Tough gig for the ump to call but they already are making a judgement call anyway.

That's sort of how they umpire charging in basketball, if a defensive player is stationary the offensive player can't make contact. Charge with your head down like Rioli did into Polo, free to Polo. Players need to be protected from themselves.

I would prefer to take example from baseball. You can't duck a good pitch in the strike zone. Have it so if you duck a good tackle all bets are off on any contact. Few broken noses/cheekbones and it would sort itself out.

The Selwood Master Class

scaled.php

:)

That's sort of how they umpire charging in basketball, if a defensive player is stationary the offensive player can't make contact. Charge with your head down like Rioli did into Polo, free to Polo. Players need to be protected from themselves.

I would prefer to take example from baseball. You can't duck a good pitch in the strike zone. Have it so if you duck a good tackle all bets are off on any contact. Few broken noses/cheekbones and it would sort itself out.

The AFL would never countenance a rule or interpretation of a rule that lead to facial injury (or injury of any kind). AFL rules trickle down to all levels all the way to juniors. Foremost in the mind of the rules committee is the effect rule changes will have at grass roots level and junior particicpation rates.

The AFL would never countenance a rule or interpretation of a rule that lead to facial injury (or injury of any kind). AFL rules trickle down to all levels all the way to juniors. Foremost in the mind of the rules committee is the effect rule changes will have at grass roots level and junior particicpation rates.

I think thats a given but I after Selwoods performance in the Carlton Geelong match the proposal would have had popular support on this board.

@ChrisAnstey13 said:
Chris Anstey ‏ @ChrisAnstey13
I've attended a few Visy functions over the years. Judd at every one with key clients eg Coke providing absolute value for salary.

:thumbsu:

next time we win a granny the headline on the front page of the hun will read:
Carlton Steals Silver wear in front of 100,000 witnesses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocking game on tv, Melb are seriously going nowhere with this list, where's the upside?

Hawks just doing what they do best, beating up on a shit side. Still think they aren't as good as everyone was pumping them up to be at the start of the season. Their midfield is extremely slow.

Hawks just doing what they do best, beating up on a shit side. Still think they aren't as good as everyone was pumping them up to be at the start of the season. Their midfield is extremely slow.

Gotta agree with this, but we've been their bitches of late. Really need to put them away this year.

THe Dees V Tassie game was horrible. I could only stand about 15 to 20 minutes of it max. The weak clubs whine about not having enough Friday night games. But there's no point if they can't play and no-one turns up to their games. A complete waste of time.

:)

Shocking game on tv, Melb are seriously going nowhere with this list, where's the upside?

They continue to play bruise-free football despite the carry on last season after Mitch Robinson's comments.

You have to wonder who are the players playing for. They're not playing for their coach, they're not playing for each other. They are a dispirited bunch who, except for a handful, constantly look for someone else to do the hard work.

I feel for the Melbourne supporters because their team is dishing up absolute rubbish. The supporters deserve better than this.

I'll take Woosha at his word that this is not a 'practiced thing' but perhaps the umpires have become a bit trigger happy considering the emphasis on 'the head is sacrosanct' and are being caught out by players who are intentionally looking to turn a legal contact into an illegal contact.

He's talking complete bullshit.

I play footy for my local club and we had a guy come from Geelong and he taught us 'techniques' on how to draw free kicks. One 'technique' was dropping your shoulder into your opponent as soon as you get the ball. He mentioned how Joel Selwood was the master at it and how well he had taught him. :eek:

It was a very interesting session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back