General AFL Discussion #8 - Carlton Supporters ONLY !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was our 11 goal win last week, better than Hawthorns 11 goal win, last night?

At least the GWS boys gave their all, whilst Melbourne on the other hand?

I was thinking that last night....

I think people, and most of the commentators, were looking to take the blues down a peg.

Poor Osborne though, no-one deserves an ACL. That is their second for the year. The ACL injury is a bit of a scourge at the moment.

Gotta agree with this, but we've been their bitches of late. Really need to put them away this year.

Yep how sweet it would be to break the drought against them this year. I honestly believe we are every bit as talented as their list, if not our talent might run deeper. Every time we have come up against them in the last few years they have just wanted the ball more and gone in harder, which is disappointing.

Yep how sweet it would be to break the drought against them this year. I honestly believe we are every bit as talented as their list, if not our talent might run deeper. Every time we have come up against them in the last few years they have just wanted the ball more and gone in harder, which is disappointing.

They do have the single greatest footballer or all time, Cyril Rioli. :eek:

Just listening to Neeld talk. I reckon they are tanking the season again. Development is more important than winning etc

Really have to question Neelds transition to the Colingwood game plan (which now seems outdated anyway). They are getting half the possessions of their opposition and moving the ball at a glacial pace with no run. Focusing on playing contested footy when they are no good at it and have become incredibly predictable. Need to work with the talent you've got.

On the plus side for them Clark is exceeding all expectations by a good measure.

They do have the single greatest footballer or all time, Cyril Rioli. :eek:

Probably the least effective player for Hawthorn last night with ten possessions, but that shouldn't stop us from talking him up as the competitions best.
You'd imagine some of the Hawk's players themselves, must be quietly sick of all the attention for Rioli.

did the blues play like Melbourne are now back in the dark days. Melb cant even get the footy. the disposal differential is worse than what GWS and GCS are putting up. Those two teams at least get the ball they are just too unexperieced to use it properly. Sign of tanking or just a club that has no idea. I would like to think they are tanking in the sense i just cant fathom how they can be soooo bad at times??!?! were we like them?

I could only be bothered watching one quarter of the inevitable but if that was Melbourne trying ....... skills were crap, players standing around ball-watching, awful really. Clarke was very good. Plus I got threatened by a certain Biffinator last night on their board! Holy crap!

viney_2_jurrah
BigFooty Apprentice

Melbourne

Should Neeld be sacked effectve immediately?
Never thought we would ffnd a coach worse then Dean Bailey, but we have.

I blame that idiot Gary Lyon. He should not be allowed within 10000 kilometres of the MFC ever again,

He is like poison.

I could only be bothered watching one quarter of the inevitable but if that was Melbourne trying ....... skills were crap, players standing around ball-watching, awful really. Clarke was very good. Plus I got threatened by a certain Biffinator last night on their board! Holy crap!

I suffered through the whole lot and it was embarrassing for all concerned.
When your captain can't make the distance from 35 mts. out, there is something wrong.
When your back-men just run into an opposition forward to turn the ball over for an easy goal, something is wrong.

They're not as bad as for what they showed last night. No one could be.

Have to laugh at people placing the entire blame on Neeld.

Not even the best coach going around would be able to turn Melbourne's list around in a short period of time.

The vast majority of their players are hopeless and play as if they just don't want to be there.

Unfortunately for Neeld, most of the players don't actually know how to play defensive football. Neeld's coaching is basically centered around defensive philosophies so he's effectively starting from scratch.

Anyone who honestly believes that the Melbourne coaching job is a quick fix needs to pull their head out from their arse. Looks to me as though there are plenty of similarities between Melbourne now, and Richmond when Hardwick initially took over. A list with little actual quality and a whole lot of shit. Will likely take the Dees a few years to get rid of the crap and build up again towards a competitive list.

was so worth getting a red card last year for giving it to Biff :)

Just listening to Neeld talk. I reckon they are tanking the season again. Development is more important than winning etc

They almost have to finish below GWS with the threat that if they finish at the bottom that they'll throw their first round pick at Viney. Melbourne would be forced to put up pick two/three for him as it's a given that they want him with all of the effort that they've already outlaid for him. If they finish bottom they get to pick him with their second round draft pick as GWS will not be in a position to carry out the threat -- Melbourne would be able to match with the second rounder rather than using pick two or three.

Sadly, it makes sense for them to tank. I actually hope they screw GWS for making that threat. The only teams that it could potentially hurt (aside from their own for actually tanking) is GWS and Gold Coast (perhaps Port if they're bad enough the rest of the season).

This Melbourne squad is worse than the worst team we put out over the past decade. They remind me of Fitzroy in their final couple of seasons before the takeover (merger) with Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne are a total disaster. They Tanked very hard for an extended period of time, got a truckload of draft picks, but then made some simply disastrous draft pick selections, and totality mismanaged player development and the handling of their senior player group. The result we're seeing is just an inevitable outcome of incompetence. But there's something I just don't get. Neeld. OK, he's new, BUT, if he knew of the poor state of the Dee's list when he arrived, why on Earth did he trade away valuable high draft picks when they needed them the most? And why on Earth make a 20 yo player struggling to establish himself at AFL level, captain? And why trade away senior players that would have added some stability? Right now they're at ground zero. I put them about 2-3 years behind GWS and GC.

:)

The EF Implosion V Weagles game tonight will be interesting, especially given all the much needed attention on the Weagles very effective free kick staging tactics. Hypothetical Question. Let's assume the Weagles didn't have this massive free-kick advantage from cheating. Would they still have won all their games and be sitting on top-of the ladder right now? Reckon they would have lost 2 games - i.e. 2 out of Hawks, North and Richmond.

:)

The Crows game is going to be tough next week. They're playing really well.

Pretty sure blues will win that one.

Geelong have some major outs and are clearly having an off day - aside from the fact that they aren't as good as last year.

Also don't forget that Adelaide have plenty of inside knowledge of the cattery - Sanderson and Milburn.

The cats have walked in to a trap.

That's not the biggest problem...

I'm hearing some of the boys took up to 4 days to recover from the hardness of the ground, major issue but no one can talk about it!

What do you mean no-one can talk about it?

I'm guessing Armfield is one of them... will be interesting if he fronts up this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back