General AFL Discussion #8 - Carlton Supporters ONLY !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean no-one can talk about it?

I'm guessing Armfield is one of them... will be interesting if he fronts up this week.

Contracts...

AFL and Etihad deal...

The ground has far to much sand in it and if you walk across it you would see the grass has been painted in some places so we cannot see the issues...

The grass is left longer than the MCG which means its to slippery to wear the softer boot. They leave it longer to cover the issue of sand coming through the surface...

The word 'concrete' with grass on it has been used!

Contracts...

AFL and Etihad deal...

The ground has far to much sand in it and if you walk across it you would see the grass has been painted in some places so we cannot see the issues...

The grass is left longer than the MCG which means its to slippery to wear the softer boot. They leave it longer to cover the issue of sand coming through the surface...

Ahh, I knew there were issues. Didn't even think about the boots players wear!!

And why on Earth make a 20 yo player struggling to establish himself at AFL level, captain?

I can answer this for you. Neil Craig was on SEN last night and seriously, he was that honest and forthright about the state of Melbourne I was hanging on every word. Freakin great to hear a bloke talk about footy sans the cliched shite we normally have to deal with.

Anyways, Huddo asked him if it was an indictment on Melbourne's list that Trengove and Grimes were made co-captains. Absolutely Craig said, they were the best men for the job. What a god-awful mess it must be inside that place.

Contracts...

AFL and Etihad deal...

Interesting, doesn't seem to have affected the giants but...

We are talking about us playing on Monday and the shorter turn around for the Adelaide game...

The giants are not playing at Etihad again either...

Ah ok, thought you meant, after last week, they were sore etc

Credit to that little GWS side. They're already playing a competitive brand of footy. A lot of thought has been put into making sure they have the right mix of older and younger players. They don't resort to cheating/staging for free's like the Weagles do, and don't play bruise free footy like the Dees. They just keep it simple, and they can build from there. Good effort.

:)

Adelaide smashed Gee long today - as in tore them apart. Scarlett, Bartels were out ..but Adelaide were very hard at it and very fast on ground Adelaide looked liek they out muscled and out bodied Gee long..and some of the Gee long new highly fancied players looked like second raters today..

..a real test coming up next week for us .. Adelaide will bet most teams they play this year at home.

In complete and utter seriousness....

Does the Earth implode upon itself when Monfries and an Eagle player stage for a free kick at the same time tonight? Is it the end of the world as we know it?

In complete and utter seriousness....

Does the Earth implode upon itself when Monfries and an Eagle player stage for a free kick at the same time tonight? Is it the end of the world as we know it?

Nice wicks :p

The stagers staging on the big stage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna be a real test next week v Adelaide wish the game was at the G. .. Russel with the sealer again? ;)

Richmond 5.6.36 to Sydney 0.2.2 ;)

Let the "top eight" radio calls sprinkle in.

MCG > Sydney

did the blues play like Melbourne are now back in the dark days. Melb cant even get the footy. the disposal differential is worse than what GWS and GCS are putting up. Those two teams at least get the ball they are just too unexperieced to use it properly. Sign of tanking or just a club that has no idea. I would like to think they are tanking in the sense i just cant fathom how they can be soooo bad at times??!?! were we like them?

From my recollection we were pretty bad. There were times when a loss of less than 50 points was a competitive performance in my eyes. Seems so long ago now and makes the current period that little more sweeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back