General cycling news and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a fan? I thought he was pretty great for the sport.
Never liked him, just rubbed me the wrong way in his interviews

Been a fantastic year for Australian cycling, pity it doesn't get more of a run in mainstream media, Even just on this board sadly. There's bee several Aussies winning stages and leading GC's this year (y).
Yeah it's been a great season for us, especially OGE.

I've taken to other message boards/forums for cycling discussion and news, this sub-forum is dead outside of the GT's unfortunately.

I've taken to other message boards/forums for cycling discussion and news, this sub-forum is dead outside of the GT's unfortunately.

Which one do you use mate?

Apparently this is legit:

It looks like Sylvain Chavanel will ride for the Swiss team IAM Cycling the next two years. Owner Michel Thétaz has a contract prepared of two year with a possible extension. IAM is a new team where Heinrich Haussler is the most famous rider. Thétaz was fishing for fellow countryman Fabian Cancellara exhaustively, but it looks like he settled with the 34-year old French man as new leader in his squad. Chavanel is said to take his buddy Jérôme Pineau (also wanted by Mark Cavendish) with him in his move.
Chavanel is hoping to take Kevin Hulsmans with him as well. The 36-year old Belgian rider was once a domestique for Tom Boonen but has been racing for Vini Fantini-Sella Italia since last year. The Swiss rider Matthias Frank - who took a stage victory in the USA last night - comes from BMC to join the team as well.
IAM hopes to open gates with this new talent in the team. They'd like a spot in the Tour de France next year and they hope to play a role of significance in the spring season classics.
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20130820_00700628

Which one do you use mate?
/r/peloton on Reddit. Great community.

for a while there we were getting more in depth coverage like frequent speed cadence HR stats etc
seems to have fallen away in coverage of late
any reason?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted above, r/peloton is amazing.

for a while there we were getting more in depth coverage like frequent speed cadence HR stats etc
seems to have fallen away in coverage of late
any reason?
In what races? TdF tends to have the best coverage out of all races, which can't be replicated in smaller races. The other GT's have pretty good coverage - Vuelta has had speed, road steepness and rider names on the screen.

Evans to focus on the Giro next year?

'I am still not sure yet, but there is certainly a chance that 2013 might have been my last Tour, because going for another race might be on the cards next year,'' Evans said from his home in Stabio, Switzerland. ''I am going to go to the Giro presentation this year to see the [2014] course. That looks like a direction to head in. After all the years going for the Tour, [the idea of missing it] takes a little while getting used to. But the Giro is always a race I wanted to do and do well in. It's just a matter of changing mindset and so on. So at this point, it looks like directing my energies towards a grand tour other than the Tour de France.'

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/evans-may-bypass-tour-to-focus-on-giro-20130829-2stmp.html

Posted above, r/peloton is amazing.

In what races? TdF tends to have the best coverage out of all races, which can't be replicated in smaller races. The other GT's have pretty good coverage - Vuelta has had speed, road steepness and rider names on the screen.

Yeah hence the question. Was great to have the speed displayed
Previous years we have seen more often heart rates cadence speed etc for individuals
Makes you appreciate the speed and work rates
just a personal thing
when they are all travelling at 75km/h it looks similar to 45 km/h because everything is relative. When the motorbike struggles to get out of the way you know they are moving
I just remember a few years ago they had pop ups for individuals like say v8s and F1 showing live stats

Yeah hence the question. Was great to have the speed displayed
Previous years we have seen more often heart rates cadence speed etc for individuals
Makes you appreciate the speed and work rates
just a personal thing
when they are all travelling at 75km/h it looks similar to 45 km/h because everything is relative. When the motorbike struggles to get out of the way you know they are moving
I just remember a few years ago they had pop ups for individuals like say v8s and F1 showing live stats
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Have you been watching recent races and wondering about the coverage or is this an open ended question? As I said, the three GT's will have better coverage than any other WTT race, and the TdF is ahead of the Giro and Vuelta.

At this years Giro we didn't have any live pictures up until the final 500 metres for a couple of stages, due to weather (snow). At smaller races a similar problem is common.

I never remember seeing heart rates displayed, I believe that would be too much information for a team to give out.

He's a huge cycling fan and has tried to start a team in the past. Read the latter link, says he was thinking of starting a team and basing it around Contador in the past.

It's great news to get new investors and money into cycling.

Good on him. Surprised the team costed 6 million Euro. I wonder how much a bigger team like BMC would be worth?

Would have been sad to lose Euskatel-Euskadi.

Does this mean Alonso will start crashing a lot?

Remove this Banner Ad

General cycling news and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back