Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No seriously, it's his Facebook post, his words, there's no manipulation, no beat up, even within context of a discussion on Autism with a well renowned researcher discussing and agreeing with him (or vice versa) they are clearly his beliefs, so I don't understand what defense "oh but it was during a discussion with a researcher from Harvard" is of his comments.

I could be wrong but I though the accepted consensus for higher rates of diagnosis of autism and issues like Alzheimers was that in some cases the technology/undertstanding has improved ie Autism covers a pretty wide spectrum of issues and things that used to not be classified as autism now are
Autism yes but nor Alzheimer's, that's on the increase big time, in fact it's now being referred to as Type 3 diabetes.

obviously fat needs to be measured and controlled if following a calorie restricted diet given their caloric density

not sure there's anything sensible about this
whh4UxR.png

and yes dietitians hate sugar
l3f8kNs.png

DWqSrV1.png

zbNjucN.png

OPLuStl.png

Those health star ratings are bogus. They represent that product compared to other products in the category.

Milo isn't 4.5 stars compared to a piece of fruit.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Autism yes but nor Alzheimer's, that's on the increase big time, in fact it's now being referred to as Type 3 diabetes.
in some circles type 3 diabetes refers to gestational diabetes, wish they would make up their minds

I wonder what pete evans thinks about Walter Willetts latest rant.

" Dr. Walter Willett comes from a long line of dairy farmers, yet he says people are drinking more milk than they need.

The Harvard University expert on nutrition says it’s not essential that we have any dairy at all.

“Most of the world does not consume dairy products and (yet) they grow up and become faculty members at Harvard, too,” says Willett, who will be in Toronto and Montreal next week to receive the 2013 Bloomberg Manulife Prize for Promotion of Active Health, a $50,000 research grant administered by McGill University and awarded annually to an academic whose work has the power to make “real and lasting change to the lives of North Americans.”

The dairy story “is very complex and we don’t have all the answers,” said Willett, chair of the department of nutrition at Harvard School of Public Health.

“But there has been this general belief that we need to consume a lot of milk because that will prevent osteoporosis and fractures. Yet studies that have looked at milk and dairy consumption do not show that people who drink more cow’s milk have lower fracture risk.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/appeti...ef-it-prevents-osteoporosis-nutritionist-says

So - I went to the gym first time in a month yesterday and not only did I not lose strength... I actually got stronger (literally how?!)

Must have been that massive clean-out the flu did. :rolleyes:

always be aware of self interest when reading much of this so-called expert opinion.

check the scientific evidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

always be aware of the money trail when checking the scientific evidence

But but but the Australian heart foundation told me that saturated fats are going to kill me and statins are the second coming of jesus christ, are you telling me the scientific literature used to make these recommendations might be biased?

It'd be funny if there were people out there not stupid enough to think this is true.

Mums group organised measles parties anyone?
One of them quoted me lol

Watch the anti vaxxer spin doctors back pedal and dance around the same logic they try and use to irrefutably claim that vaccines are linked to autism

Watch the anti vaxxer spin doctors back pedal and dance around the same logic they try and use to irrefutably claim that vaccines are linked to autism
Wait wait wait...

They're not?

Not really sure where to post this. Sorry if this is the wrong place but it is as good as I can find as I'm sure there will be plenty of athletes in here that have come back from injury. Backstory: Playing AFL last year in May 2016 in a marking contest I've jumped and come down on top of my own ankle as it rolled outwards. Had an ankle reconstruction on it in July to stabilise it. Was on crutches and in a cast then moon boot for 8 months. After recovering I went through the rehab and got discharged as I was up to public health standards. Issue is I still can't run properly, I still have a limp too it that won't go away. It can still be painful at times (Recently gone back to the doctors and having x-rays, ultrasound and possibly an MRI done.)

My question is has anyone had an ankle Syndesmosis reconstruction and returned to sport? I'm missing football big time and really want to play again at some point. Has anyone got any tips on how to strengthen my ankle if all clear comes from the doc. Can not do too much body weight exercise e.g running yet as since the injury I have gained 20kg and already have had issues with shin splints.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back