General Markets Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd imagine today will be a lot less eventful as yesterday. Are the global investors playing musical chairs with the carry trade done with deleveraging?
Its an overreaction caused by big investors manipulating the market. They use key news to drive the fear.

I read up about the strategy a few years ago and it works of youre investing a lot of money.

Copper futures sank past the $4 per pound threshold in August, the lowest in five months, and tracking the wave of risk aversion that has triggered sharp selling pressure in a wide range of financial assets and commodities amid growing concerns of economic contraction in the US and slowing growth in China. The fears add to a batch of recent data backing the downturn in demand for industrial goods. Both the NBS and the Caixin Caixin manufacturing PMIs pointed to a contraction in July, while the ISM PMI underscored factory softness in the US. Base metal demand is set to remain muted in top consumer China as the country’s government refrained from targeting a significant magnitude of stimulus in its recent Third Plenum. Additionally, reports that some Chinese smelters are pursuing new projects to comply with output mandates challenged earlier reports of a joint production cut to lift treatment charges, easing supply concerns and adding to the bearish pressure.

Miners and 1 explorer with a resource.

GMD, NST and TRE.

Had RMS and WGX as well but sold them a while back.
Interesting.

I had DEG but just sold it. Thinking I made a mistake.

Do you have any thoughts in SPR? Not sure if they've run their race yet.

I'll probably grab some NST as a safer option.

Interesting.

I had DEG but just sold it. Thinking I made a mistake.

Do you have any thoughts in SPR? Not sure if they've run their race yet.

I'll probably grab some NST as a safer option.
Nah don't follow that one.

NST is yeah the safest boring option but provides downside protection with long life reserves, FF div..

Got family that's worked for Finlayson from right back at the start at SAR so they generally know all the other companies/opposition very well so I just ask them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you looked into the EFT side? How are those returns compared to a large producer?
They are a good option for most but i can do better picking, have help though as I said earlier.

They are handy to know with any mining stock really, the industry isn't that big so they often know who in management are good and who are clowns.

Not picking up Breville in the mid 20s looking like an error.
Not picking up Nvidia at 37c was a mistake. All i needed was 1k

Im wondering if I should park some money on Microsoft. Considering Cloudstrike but waiting on things to play out.

Also looking at Siemens

But im waiting until I build more cash in my offset and with the next drop

They are a good option for most but i can do better picking, have help though as I said earlier.

They are handy to know with any mining stock really, the industry isn't that big so they often know who in management are good and who are clowns.
Absolutely.
I recall recently reading an article that past achievements aren't an indication of future prospects for management teams that move from project to project. Often, teams have one successful project and then ride that reputation.

That said, if you can avoid the time wasters and clowns who play the M&A game for their change of control payments, that's always a good thing.

Dumping CBA. All the experts are saying it's a sell and they're riding high.

Going to be looking at small parcels of MSFT, SIE AND SOUN

I'm going to try and spread across financial markets for long term low risk.

Dumping CBA. All the experts are saying it's a sell and they're riding high.

Going to be looking at small parcels of MSFT, SIE AND SOUN

I'm going to try and spread across financial markets for long term low risk.
I think I heard that at the current sp the div is like only 3.5%.

I sold NAB a while back, still have MQG though.

Sold my CBA shares yesterday at 139.6.

Bought MSFT and SIE DG
nearly felt bad last night until I saw Nvidia. Down 9.8% Ouch.

Ill buy them under 90 as long as no major negativity on Friday

Sold my CBA shares yesterday at 139.6.

Bought MSFT and SIE DG
nearly felt bad last night until I saw Nvidia. Down 9.8% Ouch.

Ill buy them under 90 as long as no major negativity on Friday
Picked a good day to do it bro.

Bloodbath today, expensive market though.

Might shift some funds across into the trading account tomorrow to potentially deploy.

Picked a good day to do it bro.

Bloodbath today, expensive market though.

Might shift some funds across into the trading account tomorrow to potentially deploy.
Wish I waited a couple of days but I guess that's the risks of playing the share market. I'm in this long term. I only bought 5 shares in them. They plunged again today but are rebounding. It's going to be interesting to see how the US markets play out tonight and what that means for the ASX.

Remove this Banner Ad

General Markets Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back