General Media Grievances and Thumbs Down

Remove this Banner Ad

^^^ Ando must have penned that just before going out for pizza. :eek: Not keen on the headline, either.

LOL, I was wondering if he'd gone for home delivered. Much safer option.

Re: Channel 7 Promo

Big thumbs down to Luke Darcy's comments about Shane Warne's son being a Fremantle supporter.

It was actually worse than that PGR, I just listened to it again.

Quartermaine - "What is young Jackson Warne doing supporting Fremantle when his dad's a St Kilda man?"

Darcy -"I am staggered with ah Warnie I can't believe he would allow that. But Jackson, a lifetime of pain coming your way."

Stephen Quartermain - "Oooh you can't say that!"

:thumbsdown:

Once again, the Herald Sun calling Geelong coach Chris Scott, Brad. Seriously :rolleyes:

WE had "Fake Friday" ... The Collingwood v Geelong game, where even Cat coach Brad Scott said the scoreboard was meaningless.

it was the first AFL game at adelaide oval. i think bruce can be excused in this instance.

it wasn't just yesterday. friday night, he wanted to make sure everyone knew. didak has not kicked many goals at all this year and steve johnson had a certain amount as well. he should just call the games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Channel Ten, I know you're just letting your contract with the AFL run out and you couldn't give a crap about anything at this point, but surely you can find something a bit more newsworthy than Josh Kennedy's run-up to kick for goal, since he's been doing it for a year and a half.

There is no place for current players (i.e. Maxwell) reviewing their own club's games. It's pointless and boring.

Seven this morning (Sun 18 Sept) are showing v8 supercars or some such utter rubbish on their main free-to-air broadcast channel and have consigned 'Gameday' to a digital channel (in Perth at least, don't know about elsewhere). I mean really, it's in the middle of the finals, now is the time fans actually are interested in a bit of post-game analysis and discussion, and you'd think the various coaching machinations also attention worthy. Or is it just that the Weagles v Carlton game was on 10, so they don't want to replay any of it? To you 7, a big: :thumbsdown:

News reports Harvey was heading to Melbourne

Were there reports last Friday that Mark Harvey was headed to Melbourne?
Axed Dockers coach Mark Harvey leaves his City Beach home for an early flight to Melbourne. ... so said Perth journo David Prestipino on the PerthNow site of news.com.au - yes, it has been edited to fix the blooper.

I'm sure it was on the radio news in Melbourne.

Given Harvs went in a different direction (to the Kimberley) is this a great example of the Fourth Estate at work just guessing, just making it up as they go along.

This is the stuff of Media Watch .... a journo caught with his pants down !!

Re: News reports Harvey was heading to Melbourne

To be fair, when he was being harassed at the airport, Harvey was asked "Are you going to Melbourne?" and he mumbled "probably."

For once 7 actually did something well today. V8SC on 7, Davis cup on 7TWO and usual shit programming on 7mate. That's how the digital channels should be used, giving you a choice of which sport you want to watch instead of either delaying or ingoring one.

OWAAT is the worst football related show on tv.

It's horrible, it's the ****ing prelims yet they can't even do a wrap up of the game or just show some simple highlights. Talk to the guest for half an hour about boring irrelevant shit whenever their on. Pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

General Media Grievances and Thumbs Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back