Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received my membership today, thought it was a bit odd that it had my partners name on the package and not mine. She opened it to be disappointed it was from the Melbourne football club. Turns out it was a Melbourne football club membership for both of us, mine a premium one and hers a three game membership ship. I realised the club automatically renewed my membership and her 3 game membership which I had purchased after the Oliver signing deal, three game membership for 13 dollars. I remembered an email sent to me a few weeks ago about auto renewal payments will be coming out in November with a total of $685, I thought that was rather steep for a redlegs membership, but I haven't been keeping track of the cost the last few years so just accepted it. I don't really care that much, I bought the 3 game membership as a once off, didn't expect an automatic renewal. Anyway I will keep an eye out for it next year.

Received my membership today, thought it was a bit odd that it had my partners name on the package and not mine. She opened it to be disappointed it was from the Melbourne football club. Turns out it was a Melbourne football club membership for both of us, mine a premium one and hers a three game membership ship. I realised the club automatically renewed my membership and her 3 game membership which I had purchased after the Oliver signing deal, three game membership for 13 dollars. I remembered an email sent to me a few weeks ago about auto renewal payments will be coming out in November with a total of $685, I thought that was rather steep for a redlegs membership, but I haven't been keeping track of the cost the last few years so just accepted it. I don't really care that much, I bought the 3 game membership as a once off, didn't expect an automatic renewal. Anyway I will keep an eye out for it next year.

This is why I hate opt-out auto-renewal. It's underhanded BS, in the guise of convenience.

You can't even select to opt-out of auto-renewal on the website, you have to call up to do it. It's garbage. I told a couple of mates overseas I'd buy them memberships after the premiership, but I couldn't get through on the phone and I don't trust the auto-renewal system anyway.

This is why I hate opt-out auto-renewal. It's underhanded BS, in the guise of convenience.

You can't even select to opt-out of auto-renewal on the website, you have to call up to do it. It's garbage. I told a couple of mates overseas I'd buy them memberships after the premiership, but I couldn't get through on the phone and I don't trust the auto-renewal system anyway.
Didn't realise you can't opt out online. I don't care about my membership because I renew always anyway. The three game membership I totally forgot about it until it came today. I'll cop it this year, perhaps they sent me an email which I didn't read or read properly, some emails are just demon shop sales for example I won't open that. Anyway will make sure to opt out for 2024 unless my partner wants to start going to games.

316678346_10160342603067317_4433527627435541537_n.jpg

Looking more like uncle Byron, but without the beer gut!

Byron's gut was a weapon. I loved it. Extra kilo's to ride campaigners into the ground head first with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel a sense of peace now that we have won the AFLW cup. I don't know how else to explain it.

BTW we have become the first team to win an AFL flag and an AFLW flag since the women's competition began. Also Daisy finally has finished the book/journey.

I feel a sense of peace now that we have won the AFLW cup. I don't know how else to explain it.

BTW we have become the first team to win an AFL flag and an AFLW flag since the women's competition began. Also Daisy finally has finished the book/journey.
Know what you mean, we've been so close and consistent without quite getting there over the years.
Special for Paxy too, another pre AFLW gun finally getting a flag. And Lampard, Mithen, LPearce as original Dees

Felt we missed a few opportunities in the early years with no finals and the stupid conference system, not to forget the cancellation of finals in 2020. However we've always contended and finally got there. Actually kind of similar to Geelong in the mens.

This is actually good.
Agree. I feel there's a healthy tongue in cheekness with how much it's talked up by the women's team.
Every club in the country has some variety of Mascot Footy as a slogan that's thrown around the rooms and they're all pretty cringe but whatever gets you up for a game I guess.
The Swans love their attributing their success to 'Bloods Culture' despite switching names in the 1930s.

Agree. I feel there's a healthy tongue in cheekness with how much it's talked up by the women's team.
Every club in the country has some variety of Mascot Footy as a slogan that's thrown around the rooms and they're all pretty cringe but whatever gets you up for a game I guess.
The Swans love their attributing their success to 'Bloods Culture' despite switching names in the 1930s.
The way the girls use it feels like some internal team slogan your boss tries to force and everyone thinks is a bit dumb and makes fun of it but it eventually becomes kind of endearing

I like it.
Then let's send it in a polite fax to the club, brew a wonderful decaf, and sit down so that we can all celebrate this board's wonderful marketing bent. :coffee:

Then let's send it in a polite fax to the club, brew a wonderful decaf, and sit down so that we can all celebrate this board's wonderful marketing bent. :coffee:

Yes, im all about sending fax's. My preferred option over emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back