Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s go for it!

I’ll run it past Jessica first thing tomorrow
Impressive strength to run an entire stadium, Gander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a reply to my letter ... Jessica's been busy!

Hi ____,

Thank you for getting in touch with the Melbourne Football Club.

I’d firstly like to take a moment to acknowledge your frustrations. Please know that we hear these. There’s no doubt that recent months have made for some challenging moments, for our players, coaches, staff and members like yourself, and we understand the emotions that come with that.

As we approach the AFL Trade Period, we expect a significant amount of rumour and speculation in relation to player movement, and are evidently aware of commentary surrounding Christian Petracca. As we have previously said, both in a recent letter to members and in the media, Christian is an integral and valued part of the Melbourne family. He is a contracted player, and will be wearing the red and blue next season.

As a football club, all we want to do is get better. The 2024 AFL season wasn’t the one we had hoped for, and the focus is now on understanding what is required to move forward. There have been conversations with many of our leaders over recent weeks about our opportunities for growth. These conversations have been open and constructive, and we are committed to working together to find a path forward, to ensure we can be the best we can be in 2025.

We want to stress the importance of every single member whose heart beats true, so we thank you again for taking the time to reach out. We will need your support both now and into the future, Niall, so we hope you can stick with us.

Regards,
Jessica

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Reply to it and see what chat bot Jessica comes back with

Not Working Oh No GIF by Nickelodeon

I wonder if all this smoke around the club is going to end up being a bad thing for us, feels like the main issue is going by unnoticed now which is that Simon Goodwin sucks and we are a ****ing boring as team to watch

I wonder if all this smoke around the club is going to end up being a bad thing for us, feels like the main issue is going by unnoticed now which is that Simon Goodwin sucks and we are a ****ing boring as team to watch

I actually hope Goodwin is part of the sackings.

I had a little laugh at the notion of you seeing the club get absolutely roasted for weeks in the media, the two most exciting players wanting out, the president capitulating on live radio, and the entire club rat****ing each other to their preferred journalists. Only to question whether it might be a negative.

But to answer your question I don't think Goodwin will really escape all this unscathed. Even if he is still coaching us next year and we keep Trac and Kozzy the premiership aura he had is gone now. If we rock up in the same manner next year things will go south pretty quickly. If we go the draft he might last a little longer but he will cop the heat of the rebuild and be gone once the performances don't improve.

I had a little laugh at the notion of you seeing the club get absolutely roasted for a weeks in the media, the two most exciting players wanting out, the president capitulating on live radio, and the entire club rat****ing each other to their preferred journalists. Only to question whether it might be a negative.

But to answer your question I don't think Goodwin will really escape all this unscathed. Even if he is still coaching us next year and we keep Trac and Kozzy the premiership aura he had is gone now. If we rock up in the same manner next year things will go south pretty quickly. If we go the draft he might last a little longer but he will cop the heat of the rebuild and be gone once the performances don't improve.
This has been the best 2 weeks as a Melbourne supporter since September 21' but there's bullets going off everywhere and I feel like one blokes ducking for cover under his desk right now and that's Robo Goody. The only thing that could top this off is if Tracs camp actually names goody but I got a feeling he won't want to be responsible for a sacking.

This has been the best 2 weeks as a Melbourne supporter since September 21' but there's bullets going off everywhere and I feel like one blokes ducking for cover under his desk right now and that's Robo Goody. The only thing that could top this off is if Tracs camp actually names goody but I got a feeling he won't want to be responsible for a sacking.
I know what you mean but the way I see it if there's a board turnover his protection is gone, if we swap out all his assistants he can't hide behind them anymore.

The culture question has also often lead back to him so I think he'll be under a lot more pressure even if he survives this off-season.

Much more than he would have been had we just faded into obscurity and Petracca had kept quiet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, like I said the other day, I feel once one falls the others will in quick succession also. Maybe Goody survives 1 more year but a new board isnt going to blindly back him like these idiots.

Wouldn't even surprise me if he fell on his own sword if it goes south early next season.

Yep, like I said the other day, I feel once one falls the others will in quick succession also. Maybe Goody survives 1 more year but a new board isnt going to blindly back him like these idiots.

Wouldn't even surprise me if he fell on his own sword if it goes south early next season.
I bloody well hope so. But why no more blood letting at the point? The only out has been Stafford and crickets ever since.

I bloody well hope so. But why no more blood letting at the point? The only out has been Stafford and crickets ever since.
Because its hard to get the president and board thrown out (hence Peter Lawrence's cause) and they are the ones backing Goodwin. Im sure there will be another meaningless scapegoat after they do a "review" :drunk:

Because its hard to get the president and board thrown out (hence Peter Lawrence's cause) and they are the ones backing Goodwin. Im sure there will be another meaningless scapegoat after they do a "review" :drunk:
Well then the AFL needs to override and action an ext.review. Int reviews are useless.

I'm just a bit impatient is all.

Well then the AFL needs to override and action an ext.review. Int reviews are useless.

I'm just a bit impatient is all.
Members need to be the ones pushing for change.

I also think the board are trying ( rather hilariously) to lower the heat around the club . When’s the next AGM ? Apart from our voices on social media , and sending a poor receptionist nuts , not sure what else we can do . Coach would be happy he doesn’t have to front the media, and the media seem quite happy to treat him with kid gloves . Might be knives flying everywhere . 😁

You should email Jessica with your concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back