Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree but to play devil's advocate it was mentioned that they're reviewing the football dept. I expect there will be a separate review of the admin he won't be involved in.

I have a feeling his days are numbered.
Even so, he is the most senior executive manager of the club and at the end of the day has executive responsibility for all branches of the club. If there is an issue with delegated responsibility then this is something he should have his eye on all the time. If there are failings in the football department then he owns a decent share of them.

I’m not overly hopeful that much gets done. And I have little confidence in Pert. Because Kate Roffey’s interview was received so drastically poorly, I think people have forgotten how bad his was the week prior. She just took it up a notch by going on about her intensive care experience, her close contact with the mums of the footy club and other things that left her very exposed. Otherwise their ramblings weren’t dissimilar.

One thing they share, and it is a huge problem in terms of external perception, is a kind of arrogance that means both are completely incapable of admitting responsibility.

Members are treated like idiots. I think most would be happier with club management to be capable of saying “there are clearly problems that must be identified and addressed” rather than putting any issues in the lap of Angus Brayshaw for selfishly getting concussed.

Even so, he is the most senior executive manager of the club and at the end of the day has executive responsibility for all branches of the club. If there is an issue with delegated responsibility then this is something he should have his eye on all the time. If there are failings in the football department then he owns a decent share of them.

I’m not overly hopeful that much gets done. And I have little confidence in Pert. Because Kate Roffey’s interview was received so drastically poorly, I think people have forgotten how bad his was the week prior. She just took it up a notch by going on about her intensive care experience, her close contact with the mums of the footy club and other things that left her very exposed. Otherwise their ramblings weren’t dissimilar.

One thing they share, and it is a huge problem in terms of external perception, is a kind of arrogance that means both are completely incapable of admitting responsibility.

Members are treated like idiots. I think most would be happier with club management to be capable of saying “there are clearly problems that must be identified and addressed” rather than putting any issues in the lap of Angus Brayshaw for selfishly getting concussed.
If you can't admit there is a problem then there is no chance of solving the problem.

Think you've nailed it here. So incredibly frustrating as a supporter seeing that sort of personality arrogantly messing up the footy club and closing off from all 'noise'.

Think you've nailed it here. So incredibly frustrating as a supporter seeing that sort of personality arrogantly messing up the footy club and closing off from all 'noise'.
It seems to be a theme that has run through a lot of the stories about us. That since the flag we've essentially been viewed by other clubs as arrogant and pompous. Peter Ryan has mentioned it a couple of times. Caro brought it up on FC last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This talking dynasties to dumpster fire speedrun will never be beaten.
I know right? If the club had any smarts they'd capitalise on it and make a t-shirt or something.

I know right? If the club had any smarts they'd capitalise on it and make a t-shirt or something.
Have a travelling dumpster fire like we did with the premiership cup, go all over the state and let supporters get photos with it.

Give us a DVD maybe. With an extended cut of Bowey's highlights video that goes for a whole quarter a minute.
A six-second Electrifying Performance of the Week video with behind-the-scenes footage of the external review would really tickle me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back