Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

I assume that Pert's role is part of the board review. Would be funny if he was the only person in the club who wasn't reviewed.
I don’t get how this works.

If Pert is reviewed as part of the board review (as the executive manager approved by the Directors) and they decide he isn’t good enough then there you go. He goes.

But if they did decide that, they also get a footy department review spearheaded by the guy that wasn’t good enough. So what is that then worth?

The whole lot is bullshit. Two weeks ago we had a president and CEO firmly saying that no review is needed. That was on the nose with members and media, so the president steps down and suddenly we are having a review. And one of the reviewers, Pert, said publicly that a review isn’t needed.

Promising stuff.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's set up that way, get the feeling he's a micro manager much like Schwab was. Wants to be/is the puppet master.
Dunno.

I had something to add here but I forget what now so I’m going to get drunk instead.

Was interesting that they didn't mention exactly who would be doing the board review only that they were external. Still making some phone calls?
Hope they end up with a Mark Latham type. Better still the actual Mark Latham.

That would nicely round up the last month of pure comedy

I don’t get how this works.

If Pert is reviewed as part of the board review (as the executive manager approved by the Directors) and they decide he isn’t good enough then there you go. He goes.

But if they did decide that, they also get a footy department review spearheaded by the guy that wasn’t good enough. So what is that then worth?

The whole lot is bullshit. Two weeks ago we had a president and CEO firmly saying that no review is needed. That was on the nose with members and media, so the president steps down and suddenly we are having a review. And one of the reviewers, Pert, said publicly that a review isn’t needed.

Promising stuff.
1725960602206.jpeg

Good. I hope we lose opening round and all our Friday night privileges as well, we don't deserve shit after the crap we've been putting on
I much prefer day games so this would work for me...if I was watching :whistle:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretend you're a Telstra 1c texter texting Optus and cut them words down boy
Need to brush up on my shorthand skills. Uni was a long time ago lol

Need to brush up on my shorthand skills. Uni was a long time ago lol
Gen, MFC Disc,Part IV- Rof Out, Green In, Smith Says No, "Ext(Not Really) Rev. Coming, Biggest M'ship Drop In The AFL.

Gen, MFC Disc,Part IV- Rof Out, Green In, Smith Says No, "Ext(Not Really) Rev. Coming, Biggest M'ship Drop In The AFL.
Ah, the GMDP4ROGISSNENRRCBMDITA Thread

Id say bring back the demon logo too but I dont want this club to do it while the people in charge are here, they deserve to be associated with cringe like Demon Spirit, much like Schwab did with Fisted Forever.
If they want to run the demon spirit line they could at least get creative with sponsorship!!

Also brings back a demon logo for us!!

Fireball.jpg

15 shots of fireball is the only way to sit through a Melbourne game.

Club finished with 5k less members than last year, biggest drop in the comp :love:
I expect they ask for the reason people cancelled when they leave, or why the failed to renew. “Cost of living” will probably be the primary reason given, however AFL memberships went up at a system level so it’s not the real reason.

I hope it was “Cruddy game style” as the biggest reason. Or “Felt lectured to by the President”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back