Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Rigger oversaw some real positive things. Premierships for men and women. Record membership numbers. But it was time for change. Hopefully some more changes to come.

Not sure she gets credit for the mens premiership - was made president when we were already like 8-0.

Rigger oversaw some real positive things. Premierships for men and women. Record membership numbers. But it was time for change. Hopefully some more changes to come.
She did **** all except ride the wave created before her and then rode it into the sand and jumped off.

Poor old topkent can’t handle anything remotely positive about the dees. Hopefully the giants get up for him tomorrow.
I mean it was a pretty silly comment, record membership on the back of a premiership that she really had nothing to do with. You could have had an inanimate carbon rod as president and we would have seen record membership after a flag. On top of that: Backed in a coach and CEO denying we had any cultural issues, approved an unnecessary extension of Goody before another straight sets finals exit, couldn't get a training base sorted, oversaw cringe like demon spirit, never replied to members emails, called out the fanbase for not cheering loud enough, public arrogance when things were going good, disappeared as soon as the shit hit the fan and embarrassed herself and the club on radio outing herself as a complete git.

I mean it was a pretty silly comment, record membership on the back of a premiership that she really had nothing to do with. You could have had an inanimate carbon rod as president and we would have seen record membership after a flag. On top of that: Backed in a coach and CEO denying we had any cultural issues, approved an unnecessary extension of Goody before another straight sets finals exit, couldn't get a training base sorted, oversaw cringe like demon spirit, never replied to members emails, called out the fanbase for not cheering loud enough, public arrogance when things were going good, disappeared as soon as the shit hit the fan and embarrassed herself and the club on radio outing herself as a complete git.
Thanks Buddy I was feeling really bullied then :thumbsupv1:

I'll push back a little on the 'premiership she had nothing to do with'.

She was on the board since the early PJ days and vice president well before the Bartlett dismissal.

She did look silly covering herself in glory in the aftermath though. Flog behaviour from anyone in the admin and has been pretty crap since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll push back a little on the 'premiership she had nothing to do with'.

She was on the board since the early PJ days and vice president well before the Bartlett dismissal.

She did look silly covering herself in glory in the aftermath though. Flog behaviour from anyone in the admin and has been pretty crap since.
If she's a premiership president Jones and Jetta are premiership players.

If she's a premiership president Jones and Jetta are premiership players.
I don't really care about the label specifically. Donald Duffy was our last premiership president before her and he destroyed the most powerful club of the era. As I said, Admins who cover themselves in glory after a flag are insufferable. Their job is to set the direction of the club and step in when the departments underneath them aren't getting it done. The actual work is done by the players and football dept.

I don't really care about the label specifically. Donald Duffy was our last premiership president before her and he destroyed the most powerful club of the era. As I said, Admins who cover themselves in glory after a flag are insufferable. Their job is to set the direction of the club and step in when the departments underneath them aren't getting it done. The actual work is done by the players and football dept.
I'm not sure we are even arguing anywhere, I don't think she's been that influential in the flag, membership etc at all plenty of other people did a lot more. Pert would have had more influence on all of that especially in hindsight

I'm not sure we are even arguing anywhere, I don't think she's been that influential in the flag, membership etc at all plenty of other people did a lot more. Pert would have had more influence on all of that especially in hindsight
Yes, I agree. I'm not dying on a hill for her or anything, I'm just correcting the record on the point that she had been at the club for a while before the flag.

Glad both her and Bartlett are gone tbh. Both came off as completely ego-driven.

Just give me someone sensible who loves the club more than themselves and I'll be happy.

Bluelegs simping AGAIN!!!
My favourite Roffey moment is goading Bartlett into publicly lambasting the coach and players and then using that to turn the rest of the board against him. Real Game of Thrones stuff.

My favourite Roffey moment is goading Bartlett into publicly lambasting the coach and players and then using that to turn the rest of the board against him. Real Game of Thrones stuff.
200.gif

Lets not forget her calling out Glen Bartlett when he said he stepped down, putting her mate on the board just before the AGM, and saying that board elections were 'not ideal'.

She might have been better as a dictator in some Caribbean banana republic, but she was a completely shite as president of Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back