General Sports thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's still there. I believe Charles Sturt council are planning to set it up like a recreation centre with a heap of additional courts for social matches.

The Lightning still play there and the few times I've been to Lightning games there it feels like you're sitting in an abandoned stadium.
I used to take my daughters there years ago in the old Contax and Garville clashes. For a womans non-contact sport they were vicious clashes. Totally first-class good sports entertainment.

Thunderbirds are go.

Tv Show Lol GIF

Thunderbirds are go.

Tv Show Lol GIF

Very entertaining match! Thunderbirds got a fair way down early on, and slowly fought their way back into the match. The Vixens kept slotting super goals to narrow the margin and in the end it was only 2 points, with the Vixens about to take the next centre pass if not for running out of time.

Ramelda Aiken-George is an absolute rebounding machine! Just nothing any defender can do against her, in the right place every time and fantastic hands. Absolutely deserved the best on court award.

Adelaide teams and going back-to-back, it just feels right.

Very entertaining match! Thunderbirds got a fair way down early on, and slowly fought their way back into the match. The Vixens kept slotting super goals to narrow the margin and in the end it was only 2 points, with the Vixens about to take the next centre pass if not for running out of time.

Ramelda Aiken-George is an absolute rebounding machine! Just nothing any defender can do against her, in the right place every time and fantastic hands. Absolutely deserved the best on court award.

Adelaide teams and going back-to-back, it just feels right.
Ramelda Aiken-George. No one can defend against her. That poor girl standing her had no chance. I think the T'Birds winning edge was their defenders. They really upset the attacking rhythm of the Vixen. The vixen shooters were too scared to shoot from distance knowing a miss was a rebound.

Ramelda Aiken-George. No one can defend against her. That poor girl standing her had no chance. I think the T'Birds winning edge was their defenders. They really upset the attacking rhythm of the Vixen. The vixen shooters were too scared to shoot from distance knowing a miss was a rebound.
One time one of them passed off when she was literally under the ring! Austin was on fire for the Vixens but she was the only one.

Do the "36 have any ties to the AFC. Management seem to be on the same level.

SHOCK AS AXE FALLS ON 36ERSGREAT
furious Scott Ninnis burst into Adelaide strength training in the minutes after he was axed by 36ers brass, catching off guard shocked players yet to be informed the Sixers would have a fifth coach in five seasons.

1723517438458.png

Do the "36 have any ties to the AFC. Management seem to be on the same level.

SHOCK AS AXE FALLS ON 36ERSGREAT
furious Scott Ninnis burst into Adelaide strength training in the minutes after he was axed by 36ers brass, catching off guard shocked players yet to be informed the Sixers would have a fifth coach in five seasons.

View attachment 2077971

To say the club has handled this poorly is an understatement.

They made up the excuses as they've gone along - even the players aren't happy about what's happened https://nbl.com.au/news/adelaide-players-in-state-of-shock

You have to feel for the new coach too. He probably didn't expect this to happen either and now has to pick up the pieces (assuming the club don't sack him in 3 months too)

36ers wanted Gorjian but he rejected it because he thought Ninnis should get it and didn’t want to take the job away from him. 36ers clearly didn’t want Ninnis but were stuck with no better option until Wells became available.

You would think Wells is a clearly better coach than Ninnis but was never going to be popular. If 36ers start the season well then the noise will die down

Wells’ resume speaks for itself, but it’s whether he’ll be able to get the players on side given the circumstances in how he ended up with the job - and that’s if Wells isn’t sacked after 3 months because someone better is on the market.

It’s clear from DJ’s interview on SEN that the players are as pissed about the situation as the fans. Plus the club’s greatest player has just walked away from the club.

Sure, if the 36ers start in form it may paper over the cracks, but I don’t think the anger towards the front office will die down with the members anytime soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sponsors are now starting to leave the club (or withdraw offers), and the club is now turning off comments on their Facebook posts.

Nic Barbato and Matt Weston have destroyed the fabric of the club this week (well, what’s left of it after the past few seasons). Both need to be sacked for their roles in this farce.

Remove this Banner Ad

General Sports thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back