Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:

I see we have NHCFC v Clarence on saturday at League HQ 10am.
Glenorchy v New Norfolk on friday evening at Boyer.
Any other practice matches?
Devonport and the Tassie Mariners on Saturday at Aurora.

Do you know a time on the Glenorchy/New Norfolk game?

Devonport and the Tassie Mariners on Saturday at Aurora.

Do you know a time on the Glenorchy/New Norfolk game?

Ive no idea what time.
I cant see how they can make up for the loss of virtually their whole defense. Reynolds was the best CHB in the league. The rest were a pretty good unit.
I think North Launy would be clear flag favorites at this stage. Chuck a blanket over the rest of them.

Ive no idea what time.
I cant see how they can make up for the loss of virtually their whole defense. Reynolds was the best CHB in the league. The rest were a pretty good unit.
I think North Launy would be clear flag favorites at this stage. Chuck a blanket over the rest of them.
Ah okay that's all good. I was goong to see whether or not I could get along. I was debating this or the practice match at Claremont tomorrow night.

Yeah it's hard to see anyone coming close to North Launceston right now, Glenorchy again in a rebuild phase, going to be a tough one for the Pies unless they can pick up a couple of experienced names along the way as well. But sounds like they're going young, so I guess looking at the future.

I am hoping to get to a couple of games this season. Might at least get to one with the SFL having two comp byes this year.

Anyone know if Clarence still have an extra $ cap exemption for I Callinan. If so why? Will old mates at AFLT review this? Seems odd in the current fiscal state that most clubs are in.

M
Well thats a shock. I wonder if the facts will leak out?
Kingston didn't need this. They are struggling to establish themselves, so a good coach & club stability are vital.
Me thinks the problem is not with players or coaches. Maybe the bloke who's been there for far too long, including Kingston Tigers.

The first coach sacking of the season is Scott Matheson from the Tigers
For "failing to meet standards" whatever that implies.
Hobart had two sacked in the 2000's with that very same wording, one was removed swiftly after behaving extremely oddly for some time, final straw being when he gaffer-taped the players mouths shut at training one night and forced them to train like it, players called a meeting and threatened to pull out of the upcoming match if he wasn't punted. He got punted.
The other absolutely tore into a particular player after he was our best player on the ground at the TCA one day, which everyone, players included, were rather baffled about.
President found out what was going on, hauled him into a meeting and sacked him on the Tuesday.
In regard to Matheson, I guess the truth will leak out eventually.

Edit: You can't say that - OTP

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow Wee not what a struggling underachieving club want right now. If I was involved with the "Tigers" (after changing a crap name to one that incorporates the local community)
I would be talking to members of the Lauderdale Football Club to see how they made the massive Jump from the SFL to SWL and became competitive in a very short space of time something the “Tigers” have not become despite the massive potential to a growing population.

Scott Mattheson has not coached one game and gone out the door a few weeks before the start of the season. Has to be a big “failing to meet standards” and a complete change from the nice puff piece in the Mercury 10 days ago headline "Tigers’ all-in approach to new season" by Adam Smith
Guess they were not all-in after all.

Another whinge AFL tasmania a couple of weeks out from the season start, and your last update to the webpage http://www.afltas.com.au/ was seven days ago !!!!....Guess Cheese and dairy marketing is "it sells it self", Great promotion to the upcoming season.

Last edited:
Well thats a shock. I wonder if the facts will leak out?
Kingston didn't need this. They are struggling to establish themselves, so a good coach & club stability are vital.

I will make sure they do leak out Madmug. After they booted Henley ( which they shouldn't have ) Was very important that whoever was appointed new coach would be the right person to help develop the young list.
I haven't been to watch any training or practice matches, but heard that 1 or 2 very good players walked out last week and was heading to Huonville, I don't know if this announcement will change there decision.
Will be interesting to know the reason's behind this as I dont think Kingborough/ Kingston have ever sacked a senior coach before or during the season.

M

Me thinks the problem is not with players or coaches. Maybe the bloke who's been there for far too long, including Kingston Tigers.
So are you hinting at a member of the Board?...mmmh

Steve Old (President)
Rodney Herweynen (Vice President)
Martin Kelly (Vice President)
Patrick Murphy (Director of Finance)
Ben Harrison (Director of Business)

Chris Donnelly
Dennis Fuller
Jack Dare
Julie Homer
Martin Jarman

or a combination of the above? This could easily go two ways bring the club together or become Western Storm 2.0

I will make sure they do leak out Madmug. After they booted Henley ( which they shouldn't have ) Was very important that whoever was appointed new coach would be the right person to help develop the young list.
I haven't been to watch any training or practice matches, but heard that 1 or 2 very good players walked out last week and was heading to Huonville, I don't know if this announcement will change there decision.
Will be interesting to know the reason's behind this as I dont think Kingborough/ Kingston have ever sacked a senior coach before or during the season.

So the official Adam Henley – Resigns is just cooperate speak as part of his severance package. Spin make the Club look good.

Last edited:

Steve Old (President)

Chris Donnelly
Dennis Fuller
Jack Dare
Julie Homer
Martin Jarman

or a combination of the above? This could easily go two ways bring the club together or become Western Storm 2.0

Bucks stops at the top and his 2ic
And Steve Old claims that he is confident it will not effect the side??? You serious Steve??

The only person in the coaching group that was named in the paper that could do the job would be Marcus Davies, the others have no senior coaching experience that I know off.

Bucks stops at the top and his 2ic
And Steve Old claims that he is confident it will not effect the side??? You serious Steve??

The only person in the coaching group that was named in the paper that could do the job would be Marcus Davies, the others have no senior coaching experience that I know off.
Southern Cross news mentioned Aaron Vince as the front runner for the job any background on him, I note he is the Development Coach I would agree with you Whowants2know Marcus Davies would be the best bet (No chance two weeks out getting an outsider in..you would think?) take a leaf from Aaron Cornelius never too young with AFL experience.

Steve Old (President)

Chris Donnelly
Dennis Fuller
Jack Dare
Julie Homer
Martin Jarman

or a combination of the above? This could easily go two ways bring the club together or become Western Storm.
Sounds like he's talking about "Barra" Herweynan.
Dennis Fuller was the president of Southern Cats when they lost all their supporters and started losing players and it went under, nine rounds into the 1999 TSFL season.
Wasn't Steve Old president at Sorell the year they had to pull out of the old SFL Premier League (circa 2002-03) and go into recess for some time because they lost all their volunteers and couldn't run the club at the time? Or am I thinking of someone else..

Sounds like he's talking about "Barra" Herweynan.
Dennis Fuller was the president of Southern Cats when they lost all their supporters and started losing players and it went under, nine rounds into the 1999 TSFL season.
Wasn't Steve Old president at Sorell the year they had to pull out of the old SFL Premier League (circa 2002-03) and go into recess for some time because they lost all their volunteers and couldn't run the club at the time? Or am I thinking of someone else..

My recollection is that Old saved Sorell from going out the door. I'll leave it to the experts & Locals to correct the record if needed, but thats what I recall.
I dont know the others, some only by name but does anyone know anything about the sacked coach. I'd never heard of him before.
I sure wont see him now ;)

My recollection is that Old saved Sorell from going out the door. I'll leave it to the experts & Locals to correct the record if needed, but thats what I recall.
I dont know the others, some only by name but does anyone know anything about the sacked coach. I'd never heard of him before.
I sure wont see him now ;)
The following (part) copied from The tigers website full article in this Link Also note he was on Three year deal :$ gee he had more clubs than the late Arnold Palmer.

Scott Matheson is a highly regarded coach with extensive senior and development coaching experience as both a Development Coach with AFL Tasmania (2012) and as the Senior Coach of East Devonport for 3 years (2008-10) and is no stranger to success as a three-time premiership player with the Burnie Dockers Football Club (2001, 03 & 04), a premiership player in the WAFL with Subiaco (2006), a premiership player at Wynyard in 2012 and Scott last played TSL in 2014 as part of Clarence’s minor premiership. Scott also represented the Tassie Devils in 2004 and also played for Ainslie in the AFLC in 2007.

The following (part) copied from The tigers website full article in this Link Also note he was on Three year deal :$ gee he had more clubs than the late Arnold Palmer.

Scott Matheson is a highly regarded coach with extensive senior and development coaching experience as both a Development Coach with AFL Tasmania (2012) and as the Senior Coach of East Devonport for 3 years (2008-10) and is no stranger to success as a three-time premiership player with the Burnie Dockers Football Club (2001, 03 & 04), a premiership player in the WAFL with Subiaco (2006), a premiership player at Wynyard in 2012 and Scott last played TSL in 2014 as part of Clarence’s minor premiership. Scott also represented the Tassie Devils in 2004 and also played for Ainslie in the AFLC in 2007.

One year with AFLTas, well that's no sort of recommendation.
Must have been a fair player but didn't seem to hang around too long in any one of them for some reason.
I hope they get some stability ASAP. We dont want another failing club so soon after the last one, then Burnie up against it.

One year with AFLTas, well that's no sort of recommendation.
Must have been a fair player but didn't seem to hang around too long in any one of them for some reason.
I hope they get some stability ASAP. We dont want another failing club so soon after the last one, then Burnie up against it.
Yes the Three New Clubs Created in 2013 by the old administrations for the 2014 Season all have issues

Western Storm - Gone

Hobart City - The merger with no one non-elected Board, NHFC History flushed down the toilet for Sandy Bay silver tales to get involved brining there old players across

Tigers – Poor on field results two coaches out the door in the Pre-Season without a game being played

Then add Burnie struggling with numbers I want to be positive but gee it is hard to do so, 2016 - 2017 starting to feel like circa 1999 - 2000.

Last edited:

It's funny how highly he was regarded and hen three months later gawn, very strange to go from that to not meeting standards in such a very short time. At least he has a nice little payout to look forward to.

Remove this Banner Ad

General TSL Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back