Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
this is my first post

HI Guys /Gals , thanks for the entertainment over the last twelve months
As a member of Hobart FC ,i have a very close read on the club with its on field struggles
Last year we were plastered all over the mercury back page for the wrong reasons,go to twin ovals or die.as a consequence 15 senior players walked at end of 2011

Why is AFL tas "preferred option" to have a playing out of Kingston.the simple answer is they
spent (not invested) $500,000 of tassie footy money on the ground
AFL will not tell anyone why they spent this money,i wonder why
see below

the grounds are owned by Kinborough Council, who rightly leased it to the local footy and cricket clubs
AFL tas has no call on it !!!
So to fix AFL tas stuff up at the twin ovals ,the city clubs must suffer,
It has nothing to do with number of juniors in any area

this is my first post

HI Guys /Gals , thanks for the entertainment over the last twelve months
As a member of Hobart FC ,i have a very close read on the club with its on field struggles
Last year we were plastered all over the mercury back page for the wrong reasons,go to twin ovals or die.as a consequence 15 senior players walked at end of 2011

Why is AFL tas "preferred option" to have a playing out of Kingston.the simple answer is they
spent (not invested) $500,000 of tassie footy money on the ground
AFL will not tell anyone why they spent this money,i wonder why
see below

the grounds are owned by Kinborough Council, who rightly leased it to the local footy and cricket clubs

Why would you merge Clarence and Lauderdale? Clarence are the most successful club in the state in recent times, and Lauderdale are clearly a team on the up. I don't agree with merging North Hobart and Hobart but to suggest that Clarence and Lauderdale should be merged is beyond foolish.

As we can see the Current AFL Tasmania agenda is one team per urban council as is the current case with Hobart and North Hobart having to merge for the one Hobart City Council licence.
So in using their own rational there should be only one side on the Eastern Shore/Clarence City Council. Plus the League is pushing the issue of grounds and facilities. Lauderdale facilities unfortunately are years away from being upgraded to even a SWL level.

Current ladder position’s Junior Development does not come into it (Which hats off to Lauderdale is fantastic). Actually if you were to put Lauderdale in the SFL and South Launceston in the NTFL (Which has no Launceston team) you would have strong eight team State wide league which might increase the standard of football and evenness of the comp
Burnie Devonport Launceston North Launceston

Clarence Glenorchy Hobart City Kingston

Hey guys don't get on here much but being an ex tassie boy I regularly have a look at what's going on. Was down there in June n had a look at the footy scene, it's a shadow of its former self. I used to barrack for Hobart but now it appears they are going to end up a bastardised version of the tigers, I'm thinking I'll look into Norfick as some of my family played for em. How are they going as I have not lived there and struggle to keep up to date with all the happenings of Tassie footy.

Hey guys don't get on here much but being an ex tassie boy I regularly have a look at what's going on. Was down there in June n had a look at the footy scene, it's a shadow of its former self. I used to barrack for Hobart but now it appears they are going to end up a bastardised version of the tigers, I'm thinking I'll look into Norfick as some of my family played for em. How are they going as I have not lived there and struggle to keep up to date with all the happenings of Tassie footy.
hpks New Norfolk play today in the prelim final agaisnt Kingborough the winner takes on Lindisfarne next week..Could it be another Blood Bath they were beaten in a major upset last week by the farne
http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2012/09/02/358151_sport-news.htm

Have to agree with you on the standard and of SWL being "it's a shadow of its former self" on the games I attended this year in the south of the state

this is my first post

Heard that Clarence approached Kingborough to see if they could train at the twin ovals, seeing that Bellerive is out of order! And as pointed out above, the Kingborough Tigers who lease the oval, told them no. So AFL TAS have no control over the twin ovals. ( until they have 50% of the Kingborough license in the TSL, then they will )

I'm off to the Norfick v Kingston game. That should be worth the money, especially after the GF last year. The same with Clarence & Lauderdale, they both beat the shyte out of each other last time.
The crap with North Hobart & Hobart is an embarrassment to football. First we had to put licence applications in, then they want a new club. Figure that out for me will ya.
I know what I'd tell them!!!
Rather than stuff about with clubs, how about if they just look for a new major sponsor.

Why would you merge Clarence and Lauderdale? Clarence are the most successful club in the state in recent times, and Lauderdale are clearly a team on the up. I don't agree with merging North Hobart and Hobart but to suggest that Clarence and Lauderdale should be merged is beyond foolish.
my point ! it is foolish as you so well put it , why merge anyone ?? the whole exercise is a lesson in stupidity

my point ! it is foolish as you so well put it , why merge anyone ?? the whole exercise is a lesson in stupidity

Getting stranger by the day. Todays paper says NHFC will take 1/2 TSL team with HFC ( the NHFC meeting isn't until tonight!) I just dont see how it can work. What happens next year? Do they get Kingborough into the TSL next year? Do KFC (thats a good name for a franchise:D ) , NH & HFC all play in the SFL as well? Where do all the extra players come from?
I can hardly wait for the cricket season, at least I can see whats going on!!!!!!
I might go the SFL GF on saturday, just to see what the opposition is like:p

Getting stranger by the day. Todays paper says NHFC will take 1/2 TSL team with HFC ( the NHFC meeting isn't until tonight!) I just dont see how it can work. What happens next year? Do they get Kingborough into the TSL next year? Do KFC (thats a good name for a franchise:D ) , NH & HFC all play in the SFL as well? Where do all the extra players come from?
I can hardly wait for the cricket season, at least I can see whats going on!!!!!!
I might go the SFL GF on saturday, just to see what the opposition is like:p
What might happen tonight is that the members vote to go 50/50 with HFC in putting a Senior & Colts team in the TSL on the priviso that NHFC also has a team in the SFL.
HFC do not want to put a team in the SFL thus giving away their identity.Kingborough will not come into the TSL next year because I think you will find NHFC will opt the play in the TSL next year in their own right as per the current license agreement so there will not be 11 teams.

What might happen tonight is that the members vote to go 50/50 with HFC in putting a Senior & Colts team in the TSL on the priviso that NHFC also has a team in the SFL.
HFC do not want to put a team in the SFL thus giving away their identity.Kingborough will not come into the TSL next year because I think you will find NHFC will opt the play in the TSL next year in their own right as per the current license agreement so there will not be 11 teams.

So do you reckon Kingborough will leave the SFL totally? If so what will stop HFC from playing in the SFL, apart from not having any players?
The other questions remain. How do you fund & manage 1/2 a team? Who does the canteen. Who does the gate, who sells raffle tickets, Who does the accounts, the board, how does membership work, how does the NHFC in the SFL relate to the TSL team??? etc etc?

So do you reckon Kingborough will leave the SFL totally? If so what will stop HFC from playing in the SFL, apart from not having any players?
The other questions remain. How do you fund & manage 1/2 a team? Who does the canteen. Who does the gate, who sells raffle tickets, Who does the accounts, the board, how does membership work, how does the NHFC in the SFL relate to the TSL team??? etc etc?

Kingborough plans to play in both competitions, like Nth Hobart are proposing to do. I can understand clubs keep there identity etc etc, but Glenorchy with all there resources could only manage 1 season of SWl and SFL, how will Kingborough and Nth Hobart be able to do it???

My understanding is for the first 3 years afltas will bank roll the new clubs (200k), nh, h and k only have to put in 25k.
In regards to glenorchy not working, I'm told that failed as it created massive divide within the club, a bit like if you were to seperate the reserves and seniors from training together.
I guess this is where Nh and K are smart by having there club in the sfl so when these new franchises dont work they can still operate in the sfl.
When this dosnt work surely that has to be the final straw for all those people at afltas that have made so many poor choices in the last 10yrs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kingborough plans to play in both competitions, like Nth Hobart are proposing to do. I can understand clubs keep there identity etc etc, but Glenorchy with all there resources could only manage 1 season of SWl and SFL, how will Kingborough and Nth Hobart be able to do it???

Its a big call to try and run two clubs in seperate comps. There are a lot of SFL guys on good money, clubs are not going to be competive in the SFL if they think they can pay blokes say $50.00 a game. You need to be able to attract players with decent coin.
Then you need extra trainers and support staff.

If you are passionate about your club, say Kingborourgh and they are playing up north in the TSL and the SFL is playing at the twin ovals, How would you feel to be told that you cant go up north for todays game. We need you to run the gate for us down here. I dont know about anyone else but you get involved with footy clubs because you love to watch the game, not to get run into the ground. I only use Kingborourgh as an example, they may have heaps of volunteers.

Interesting times still to come.

Its a big call to try and run two clubs in seperate comps. There are a lot of SFL guys on good money, clubs are not going to be competive in the SFL if they think they can pay blokes say $50.00 a game. You need to be able to attract players with decent coin.
Then you need extra trainers and support staff.

If you are passionate about your club, say Kingborourgh and they are playing up north in the TSL and the SFL is playing at the twin ovals, How would you feel to be told that you cant go up north for todays game. We need you to run the gate for us down here. I dont know about anyone else but you get involved with footy clubs because you love to watch the game, not to get run into the ground. I only use Kingborourgh as an example, they may have heaps of volunteers.

Interesting times still to come.

North Hobart has no obligation to supply volunteers, trainer, support staff etc to the new venture. All it has to supply is the start up capital of $25,000 to the new Hobart City licence, then that team will have a new board, new everything pretty much, with representatives of the NHFC, HFC, SBLJFC and NHJFC on it. It's up to them. All of North Hobart's current board structure will remain as NHFC Inc, which will administer the SFL club. They have completely seperate finances. All NHFC contributes to the new club is 25,000. If the TSL club falls over, it's no skin off North's nose really, all they lose is the 25,000 start up capital. The new venture will have to stand on its own two feet. Its different to Glenorchy, where they tried to make 1 club have 5 teams. It's two different entities.

Also, it's utterly ridiculous to try and get this up running next year. If they're going to try and do it as well as they can, they will need the next 18 months to get it up and going. Appoint board memebers, decide on image, get access to the plaister stand changerooms (and good luck getting rid of DOSA), there is a hell of a lot of work to be done. Call me cynical, but I think the only reason Hobart want it happen in 2013 so they dont have another year like the one they just had.

North Hobart has no obligation to supply volunteers, trainer, support staff etc to the new venture. All it has to supply is the start up capital of $25,000 to the new Hobart City licence, then that team will have a new board, new everything pretty much, with representatives of the NHFC, HFC, SBLJFC and NHJFC on it. It's up to them. All of North Hobart's current board structure will remain as NHFC Inc, which will administer the SFL club. They have completely seperate finances. All NHFC contributes to the new club is 25,000. If the TSL club falls over, it's no skin off North's nose really, all they lose is the 25,000 start up capital. The new venture will have to stand on its own two feet. Its different to Glenorchy, where they tried to make 1 club have 5 teams. It's two different entities.

If there is no emotional involvment with the new club (as it sounds from your post) why would you even bother?

Its all about the kids and there pathway.

Pathways? How bloody many pathways do the juniors need? NHFC has been doing the job of developing players for 130years. The question is why are they starting some plastic club that has no history, no supporters, no volunteers, no nothing!. Why try to reinvent the bloody wheel?
Never once have I seen why they are doing all this.
Sure, Drag Kingborough into the TSL. But whats the real reason for starting up a whole new club? Especially in the current tough economic environment.

I will be interested in who supports this new Plastic team you can bet all North Supporters will follow North Hobart in the SFL . So it’s not a merger North Hobart are investing $25K in a pipe dream of AFL tasmania

As for Hobart supporters which has always been traditional small plus they fractured and lost a lot of supporters old players with the disastrous that was the Hobart Lions rebranding. Is there any support left ?, That will come across to this new team playing out of North Hobart Oval??

Should have kept North Hobart in the SWL and put Hobart in the SFL. Fair dinkum Scot Wade thinks he can create a new team over the top of 130 years of History he is a dead set Dick Head. Hopefully this Cluster F*** will be the mark the end of his continues rein of Failure. I can see Kingston/Kingborough being successful only if they have one team playing senior football like the rest of the competition.

Well I wont be jumping ship.
I agree NHFC should stay in the TSL & HFC in the SWL. Why shred two clubs? I cant see how it can work or why it was done at all!!!
Anyway, I'll polish off my eggs & bacon, & trot off to the SFL GF. Its a beut sunny day so hopefully 6-7k crowd. Norkick & 'the farne' will put on a good game I predict (Mouthgards in the front row?). A Couple of beers at KGV Oval & then off to the Talbot to finish off:p
Pies & Wet Toast on the box tonight. Thats a good footy day;)

Looks like the SFL will still want North Hobart to field 3 teams (Refering to todays MERCURY) in there comp so the only differrence to what Glenorchy tried last year will be NH supplying 1/2 teams to the Hobart "Plastic" FC in SWL and colts that still a big if IMO. Which is still a big undertaking with Players and support staff and volunteers.

Remove this Banner Ad

General TSL Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back