George Bailey

Remove this Banner Ad

Is behind White and Klinger for a spot in the test side, these two have been more productive over past 2-3 years of shield cricket. Bailey has only really produced the goods for the first half of this season.

Is behind White and Klinger for a spot in the test side, these two have been more productive over past 2-3 years of shield cricket. Bailey has only really produced the goods for the first half of this season.

Behind White? Really! Maybe Klinger, but Klinger is a opener. Bailey has produced the goods for this season and the second half of last. I would say he is in front of both for a test spot. I can not see Klinger playing a test. Interesting opinion but I disagree on all parts.

Behind White? Really! Maybe Klinger, but Klinger is a opener. Bailey has produced the goods for this season and the second half of last. I would say he is in front of both for a test spot. I can not see Klinger playing a test. Interesting opinion but I disagree on all parts.

Klinger is number 3. How can you rate Bailey infront of White? White has produced the goods over the past 3 years vs Bailey this year and the last two matches of last year.

White hasn't had the chance this summer to press his claims as much as Bailey becuase of the last start to the Shield season due to the champions league. But he is doing just as well. White is a better batsmen, bowler, fielder and captain the bailey.

6 weeks of good cricket from Bailey doesn't put him in front of White's efforts in the one dayers for aus since the ashes series, not to mention he consistent form over the last 3 shield seasons.

06/07
Bailey, 20 inns 626 runs at 36.82
White, 12 inns 437 runs at 39.72

07/08
Bailey, 4 inns 96 runs at 32.00
White, 17 inns 748 runs at 49.86

08/09
Bailey, 20 inns 673 runs at 37.38
White, 8 inns 462 runs at 57.75

I can rate him above easily that is how.

If we are going to use past form for current selection...How good was this Archie Jackson player? Oh wait. You can debate your Victorian bias with me but its not going to go far. On current form I would say White is further away than Bailey to test section. Bailey has played a lot more good cricket than 6 weeks. Its not just the amount of runs that is important but when and how. Bailey has played a number of crucial innings when the game has been there to win, often with little support from others. White often comes in knowing that if he fails Hussey, Hodge (well not anymore) and co., will back him up.

Comparing statistics is a waste of time. All I am saying is that at this moment in time, Bailey would be closer to selection while White would be the more likely out of the to play a test, on current standings Bailey is closer.

I can rate him above easily that is how.

If we are going to use past form for current selection...How good was this Archie Jackson player? Oh wait. You can debate your Victorian bias with me but its not going to go far. On current form I would say White is further away than Bailey to test section. Bailey has played a lot more good cricket than 6 weeks. Its not just the amount of runs that is important but when and how. Bailey has played a number of crucial innings when the game has been there to win, often with little support from others. White often comes in knowing that if he fails Hussey, Hodge (well not anymore) and co., will back him up.

Comparing statistics is a waste of time. All I am saying is that at this moment in time, Bailey would be closer to selection while White would be the more likely out of the to play a test, on current standings Bailey is closer.

First of all i am comparing both players stats over the last three years hardly irrevelant. The fact is selectors are going to take into account players recent form as well as how they have played over the presvious shield seasons. And you are justifying the selection of Bailey on the back of who Cameron plays with? Doesnt matter who white plays with he is better player than Bailey.

And were has bailey's better cricket been than 6 weeks (more so 8 weeks) becuase that is how long the season has been going for. Cameron White form has can be stretchedback to August when ohhhh thats right was making an ODI hundred against England (something Bailey has failed to do at domestic level) and 50's against India.

You are right white makes runs when it counts, like his 82 not out on the weekend and not to mention a 135 in the shield final.

Bailey might be in better touch at the moment bat the fact is over the journey White outshines Bailey in all facets of the game.

Forgot to add comparing statistics is not a waste of time cricket you are judge by the amount of runs you make or the amount of wickets you take. You force your way into the side more often than not through wieght of numbers, like Simon Katich did when he made 1500 runs in season.

Without discussing the other aspects of the game, I can safely say Bailey is a much better fieldsman than White! White has a great pair of hands and certainly is more than capable in the field, but Bailey would be in the top couple in the country (including those representing Australia). The bloke is a freak in the field which goes unnoticed by many who do not follow Tassie cricket closely due to his laconic nature.

First of all i am comparing both players stats over the last three years hardly irrevelant. The fact is selectors are going to take into account players recent form as well as how they have played over the presvious shield seasons.
This is true. As they would take into account White’s prior test failures. However looking purely at statistics is misleading…Are runs against a poor team as valuable as those against a good team? Was the knock important to the team? What was the state of the game? Etc etc. I.e. How much influence did the knock have. Similar to how a player can have 35 touches ala Joel Bowden but you barely notice them.
And you are justifying the selection of Bailey on the back of who Cameron plays with? Doesnt matter who white plays with he is better player than Bailey.
No not at all. I am justifying on his form. But it makes a difference to how you can play when you have back up. He is better? How? I am not saying his is not., just your basis for this is?
And were has bailey's better cricket been than 6 weeks (more so 8 weeks) becuase that is how long the season has been going for. Cameron White form has can be stretchedback to August when ohhhh thats right was making an ODI hundred against England (something Bailey has failed to do at domestic level) and 50's against India.
And your point is? White having a longer season means more opportunity to show form yes. But saying Bailey has only played 6 weeks of good cricket is naive. Oh wow Bailey has not scored a hundred at ODD level run for the hills children?
You are right white makes runs when it counts, like his 82 not out on the weekend and not to mention a 135 in the shield final.
Sure. Like I said basing it on current form, Bailey is performing better. That’s good White played those knocks, I am not saying White is not a fantastic player just on current form bailey would be closer to selection.

Bailey might be in better touch at the moment bat the fact is over the journey White outshines Bailey in all facets of the game.
In all facets? I get you are a big Cameron White fan but how much Bailey have you seen? Also you have actually recognised my point (that on current form Bailey is better performing) and that’s all you needed to say nothing more.
Forgot to add comparing statistics is not a waste of time cricket you are judge by the amount of runs you make or the amount of wickets you take. You force your way into the side more often than not through wieght of numbers, like Simon Katich did when he made 1500 runs in season.
Exactly , but also by the influence they have. But selectors also have picked players on what the can see (of believe) a player achieving. Warne averaged about 35 in State Games… Clarke was picked with a low FC ave. So there is many ways to get picked. Just ask Nathan Hauritz.

I am not here to debate who is better or who is closer, perhaps you start another thread and discuss that. But basically I am of the belief that George Bailey is performing well right now and may be a chance to get a game or two in the ODIs this summer. We can all just hope players get the extended run of patience that White gets.

This is true. As they would take into account White’s prior test failures. However looking purely at statistics is misleading…Are runs against a poor team as valuable as those against a good team? Was the knock important to the team? What was the state of the game? Etc etc. I.e. How much influence did the knock have. Similar to how a player can have 35 touches ala Joel Bowden but you barely notice them.

No not at all. I am justifying on his form. But it makes a difference to how you can play when you have back up. He is better? How? I am not saying his is not., just your basis for this is?

And your point is? White having a longer season means more opportunity to show form yes. But saying Bailey has only played 6 weeks of good cricket is naive. Oh wow Bailey has not scored a hundred at ODD level run for the hills children?

Sure. Like I said basing it on current form, Bailey is performing better. That’s good White played those knocks, I am not saying White is not a fantastic player just on current form bailey would be closer to selection.

In all facets? I get you are a big Cameron White fan but how much Bailey have you seen? Also you have actually recognised my point (that on current form Bailey is better performing) and that’s all you needed to say nothing more.
Exactly , but also by the influence they have. But selectors also have picked players on what the can see (of believe) a player achieving. Warne averaged about 35 in State Games… Clarke was picked with a low FC ave. So there is many ways to get picked. Just ask Nathan Hauritz.

I am not here to debate who is better or who is closer, perhaps you start another thread and discuss that. But basically I am of the belief that George Bailey is performing well right now and may be a chance to get a game or two in the ODIs this summer. We can all just hope players get the extended run of patience that White gets.

Were not going to agree on this, i am not dismissing Baileys form and his knocking on the door of selection. I will back white for the folowing reasons;

Has performed over the last 3 years at state level
Has played test cricket (would rather fail at test level than not play at all)
Good ODI form over the previous months shows he can handle international attacks
In good form at the moment

I just see bailey a full season consistent season away from white. If white was injured this summer (touch wood) and with ferguson injured i see bailey as an ideal replacement.

Atleast we can agree on the same footy team :thumbsu:

Were not going to agree on this, i am not dismissing Baileys form and his knocking on the door of selection. I will back white for the folowing reasons;

Has performed over the last 3 years at state level
Has played test cricket (would rather fail at test level than not play at all)
Good ODI form over the previous months shows he can handle international attacks
In good form at the moment

I just see bailey a full season consistent season away from white. If white was injured this summer (touch wood) and with ferguson injured i see bailey as an ideal replacement.

Atleast we can agree on the same footy team :thumbsu:

Fair call, lets agree to disagree.

Is George Bailey (Tasmania Tigers) the most

He has never produced big runs when required,
Scrub That

and goes missing when everyon else fails
scrub that.
Never scored an ODD centruy

The other two facts were completely load of BS anyway but now the only stat he had on his side.....I can officially say... Scrub That.

Is George Bailey (Tasmania Tigers) the most over rated batsmen in the country?

He has never produced big runs when required, and goes missing when everyon else fails. Never scored an ODD centruy, yet is appointed captain. What is going on in the state of Tasmania.

Just want to know what people think of him? Over rated? Under rated?

Good one Victorian.

Is George Bailey (Tasmania Tigers) the most over rated batsmen in the country?

He has never produced big runs when required, and goes missing when everyon else fails. Never scored an ODD centruy, yet is appointed captain. What is going on in the state of Tasmania.

Just want to know what people think of him? Over rated? Under rated?

Since you ask ... I think they're celebrating a ODD title again right at the minute.

This one in Bailey's first season as captain and on the back of his haul of the most-ever runs by a Tasmanian in a ODD season.

One of the biggest land-mine troll attempts ever seen on BF; congratulations. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since you ask ... I think they're celebrating a ODD title again right at the minute.

This one in Bailey's first season as captain and on the back of his haul of the most-ever runs by a Tasmanian in a ODD season.

One of the biggest land-mine troll attempts ever seen on BF; congratulations. :)

In fact his innovative captaincy is a big part of the win too. Made his runs, fielded well and the tight finish to all teams in the FRC this year George was confronted with his B pace bowling attack yet was clever in the way he used his spinners and mixed it up with the pace attack and his field placings to them were superb.

Batting/fielding/captain. Thanks for the thread..... perhaps it inspired the man.

In fact his innovative captaincy is a big part of the win too. Made his runs, fielded well and the tight finish to all teams in the FRC this year George was confronted with his B pace bowling attack yet was clever in the way he used his spinners and mixed it up with the pace attack and his field placings to them were superb.

Batting/fielding/captain. Thanks for the thread..... perhaps it inspired the man.

Yeah; you're quite right CAS79.

His captaincy and his fielding were also of the highest order.

I don't know if they still do the Player of the Series and the Team of the Season awards for the FRC, do they? They may have even done it during the week but, if so, I missed it.

Anyway, you'd have to think that he'd be the Player of the Series this season and captain of the Team of the Season if there is one.

He was simply outstanding.

Remove this Banner Ad

George Bailey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back