Toast George Horlin-Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to GHS on his Round 4 nomination. I was really impressed with his game on the weekend on Kennedy, not only to shut down on of the best inside midfielders in the competition, but to have an impace himself for Geelong goes to show the sort of footy Horlin-Smith is capable of producing in big games. He lools like the kind of young player who has terrific endurance and can run all day. Well done on your nomination. :):thumbsu:

Fantastic news for George :). His persistence and great attitude in the VFL allowed him to seize his opportunity in the seniors, when finally given the chance to play out a full game, and he showed everyone what he's capable of. I think he'll be quite difficult to dislodge from the team now that he's in it.

Earned the nomination.

Will be a great team man and will be a part of our future leadership. Only bright things ahead for this young gent.

Great reward for a very classy and hard performance. Now the comp will get to see what many of us have known for a while....

Go Hyphen...

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS how did I miss him in the crystal ball comp? :oops:

Hopefully he can really cement his spot over the next few weeks and become a permanent part of the side. It would be great to get two or three Rising Star noms over the course of the season, like we did in 2011, with Murdoch being the other obvious candidate and a handful of others who may push for a few senior games throughout the season.

My 16yo ( who knows everything ! ) is trying to model his game on him - great decision making , elite disposal , ability to win the hard ball , endurance and all round footy smarts. Might have to agree with the little bugger on this one !!

Very happy with his nomination! Well deserved after his great game on Friday night! Hopefully he continues along nicely with his development and gets the opportunities to stay in the team!

Just to be nominated is an achievement in itself, but Now for him to take out the award! (I got $10 on him @ $51 at the start of the year!) ;) (might just need O'Meara and Wines to go to sleep though!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast George Horlin-Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back