Unsolved Gerard Ross - Abducted Kent st Rockingham WA 1997

Remove this Banner Ad

Simply October school holidays.

Gerard Ross was only in Perth cause it was school holidays. Cleo Smith's family are likely doing what a lot of families do in primary school which is schedule a holiday in the first week or so of school terms to avoid holiday crowds while not impacting on the kid's schooling.

I highly doubt child predators are watching their calendar trying to create spooky coincidences. Most of them are opportunists not criminal geniuses of the old CSK days. Man remember those days when the CSK was apparently a genius who killed everyone in Perth who had ever been murdered and had this huge master plan where every victim was placed to the metre to send a cryptic message

Simply October school holidays.

Gerard Ross was only in Perth cause it was school holidays. Cleo Smith's family are likely doing what a lot of families do in primary school which is schedule a holiday in the first week or so of school terms to avoid holiday crowds while not impacting on the kid's schooling.

I highly doubt child predators are watching their calendar trying to create spooky coincidences. Most of them are opportunists not criminal geniuses of the old CSK days. Man remember those days when the CSK was apparently a genius who killed everyone in Perth who had ever been murdered and had this huge master plan where every victim was placed to the metre to send a cryptic message
The school holidays had finished when Gerard Ross was abducted, I'm sure of it 🤔 The Western Australian Spring School holidays begin the day before the Queens Birthday long weekend, which always coincides with the Grand Final on the Saturday of that weekend, and the beginning of the Perth Royal Agricultural Show. It's definitely known that the Ross family were in Rockingham for a holiday, but they weren't restricting themselves by the school term. Unless, possibly, the Ross boys attended private schooling, or School of the Air (no, not the latter, I remember there's a memorial plaque placed at Gerard's school).

Search council dog rego database records. If they get close someone will tell what sort of dog someone had.

I wonder if Mr Miller the horse trainer has further info about who used to hang out in the Pine forest, cars etc.

Of course M.Miller offered up all information he had regarding people he knew to use that pine forest area (myself being one of those people, at the time!). It was nowhere near as populated, or travelled, an area as it is now, 25yrs later, and most properties were acreage. Small hobby farmers of vegetables, avocados, deer and a heck of a lot of horse owners, especially racehorse workers. Everyone who lived in proximity to that forest, or worked in it, or used it regularly for recreational purpose, was noted interviewed (often several times), and have had DNA samples taken, and updated, if they were even a near match to the profiles being created (ie: male, primarily). It was a fairly close community (of the locale, as well as the horse fraternity).

It’s a good observation re the tussling. It is different to two seasoned paedophiles or child snatchers who would likely just bundle the kid into the car as quickly as possible. I’ll have to think on that some more.
I've just read through most of this thread (my goodness it's like "Dory" at times, so easily led from the path ).
Something else to be considered (as this scenario, which is locally alleged by persons who definitely fit the age demographic to know, hasn't been raised).
Crime of opportunity. Definitely the phrase has been pretty much agreed to by all invested. I've had it said to me that GR definitely was in the "wrong place/wrong time", and either a vehicle was exiting the road, or about to enter the road, and there's been a collision between the unseen GR & vehicle. (Note: the person has retold this information to me, she was not present). GR has allegedly fallen, quite heavily I guess, for the driver to have noted the "thump" and/or seen him fall to the ground (I believe he was on the verge, or driveway, for the fall). That the person/s (don't know if both were in the vehicle, or one from the house at vehicle's arriving/departing) have attended GR, got him to his feet, and were seen by "a lady across the road", so put him in the car very quickly.
I have absolutely no idea what state of consciousness, or coherence, GR would have been in, nor have I been able to find out who the persons were. It's a personal challenge of mine, to keep pursuing this though. I was raised in the street parallel to Kent (Lewington), and my family all still lived there until 2001. My great-aunt was at 164 Kent St for many of those years, and her son & his family also on Lewington. My two younger brothers ran wild around the bush & beaches there, and confidently rode to Rockingham Beach Primary School & Palm Beach Jetty daily. They'd sleep at the Jetty on summer nights sometimes, when they were 12 & 14 themselves. There was no problems whatsoever
I was in the racehorse industry in 1997. Lived on Stakehill Rd, dated a racehorse trainer who lived opposite that very pine forest! We all knew the area well, and all know M.Miller, who is the kindest, gentlest soul, and was left traumatised by that horrific discovery.
This case literally resounds in me at times

I believe this incident happened incredibly quickly, definitely unplanned, and was responded to with the primitive-thinking we usually associate with terror-driven, or blood-lusting animals. In this case, viciousness fuelled by deep fear (of being caught, at "something" because of the accident that COULD have been addressed so much differently). IF the person/s weren't already of dubious nature. IF no-one had seen the boy get hit/on the ground (and those perps wouldn't know exactly what was witnessed, or what the witness might do, at that moment).

This is why I believe the police label those involved in the abduction as a "psychopath", or "not the usual paedophile". Whoever killed GR rages beyond control. They didn't even show the least flicker of remorse, empathy or guilt when they tossed him from a vehicle, like everyday garbage

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

During 2012 a forty year old woman was charged with one count of attempted child stealing. That was outside the Sunset Cafe on the Rockingham Foreshore. The woman picked up the 5-year-old boy and started to walk away, when the mother stopped her (woman's approx. YOB 1972).

That's within the vicinity of the comic store. I'm not sure where the Rockingham library is/was, where the man with the beige/cream sedan offered another boy a lift.

[TD valign="top"][/TD]
This incident really shouldn't be considered amongst actually abduction/kidnapping reports, tbh. This woman is a lifelong resident of the Rockingham Beach area (mostly the other end of Rocko Beach, not the Kent St end). She was heavily drinking at the nearby (now closed, I think) pub that afternoon, with equally-rowdy/silly mates. The little boy was picnicking with his family, close to the Foreshore Boardwalk, and REALLY wanted to go on the little tourist train. His Mum had been calling across to him, "No" and the intoxicated woman engaged in this, something like "Mummy said Nope " to which the boy's replied, "Well I'm going to go steal that train and ride it", to which the woman's replied, "If you steal our train, I'll have to steal you!!". Then scooped him up, and jogged off a cpl of metres.
The touristy Mum has (quite reasonably) been shocked and scared, and was absolutely not amused. She pushed for charges over it, and it did go on the woman's record.

So not "quite" the same imagery one usually associates with kidnapping/abduction incidents.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The article was paywalled everywhere I tried, but two sentences were visible at The West Australian:

'Cold case detectives say they are confident they will solve the murder of Newman schoolboy Gerard Ross while assuring the investigation continues to be “active and well-resourced” 26 years after his abduction.

In what has become one of WA’s most heartbreaking and enduring mysteries, the 11-year-old vanished on October 14, 1997, while walking to a comic shop with his brother in Rockingham, where they were holidaying with their family.'

Yes I just finished watching it over here. Looks like two men were involved. I came across the spot in the pine plantation on my dirtbike a few years later when I was tuning into the case. See I thought it might be related to the csk case. Now re the csk case, funny how I was drawn to telephone lane, Baldivis and said that early in the blogs yet when they caught BRE we found he worked for telecom, (Telstra) Interesting...

I wonder if the police have any new leads, I have heard of multiple scenarios which could all be true and make it hard for police to pin down the attacker/s although surely after having 1000's of evidence and reports you would assume they have it down to a handful of suspects

capture-png.1258723

Some really interesting developments in those stories.

The woman talking about a confession doesn't know the person's name but it seems like police are confident she's talking about the same person they have lined up if they know who he is and where he is.

It's probably privileged information right now but it seems something got them to a name and they're in the stage of ensuring they have enough evidence to prosecute the case before making their move

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsolved Gerard Ross - Abducted Kent st Rockingham WA 1997

Remove this Banner Ad

Back