Get Ready Pies its Good night, here come the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Get off memberforever’s back Dogs fans. Grow some aggots and back him up.

Good test for Collingwood. The sort MM relishes and works hard on. Hopefully everyone is still smarting from the final. Collingwood have improved slightly and The Dogs have slipped a bit since then. Pies are faster and better drilled this year and the Dogs are no longer underdogs. If Collingwood can kick straight for goal they will win and the papers will be all over them. Got to get to Pendlebury and Didak instead of Travis Cloke & co. Harry for Johnno, Maxwell or Toovey as options if gets away. I am not really worried about they dig’s forwards. It is the ruck and Midfield we have to concentrate on. That’s where they got us in the final. If the game goes according to the script The dogs will get out a bit early and Collingwood will mow them down.

What makes you think you can beat the Pies when Melbourne almost beat you.

I think we can match them up well, we need to shut down their midfield and stop them getting the ball into the forward line. We are starting to get back some form from last year and running the ball well from defence through the lines. Yesterday we improved in clearances and our intensity was way up on previous weeks. The great thing about the win yesterday was the way we attacked the ball.

Dogs by 25 points.

MF how are these personal insults? If you make a bold prediction like this, in the AFL board, and you have previously fallen on your own sword over previously similar predictions, they have a right to call you on it. If you think that's a personal insult I don't think you're thick skinned enough for bigfooty.

I am big boy can take it, but all I get is posters saying **** off beacuse they don't like my opinion, now that is really stupid. Big Footy is a discussion board and if I am confident of a win, why can't I say that?

Get off memberforever’s back Dogs fans. Grow some aggots and back him up.

Good test for Collingwood. The sort MM relishes and works hard on. Hopefully everyone is still smarting from the final. Collingwood have improved slightly and The Dogs have slipped a bit since then. Pies are faster and better drilled this year and the Dogs are no longer underdogs. If Collingwood can kick straight for goal they will win and the papers will be all over them. Got to get to Pendlebury and Didak instead of Travis Cloke & co. Harry for Johnno, Maxwell or Toovey as options if gets away. I am not really worried about they dig’s forwards. It is the ruck and Midfield we have to concentrate on. That’s where they got us in the final. If the game goes according to the script The dogs will get out a bit early and Collingwood will mow them down.

A constructive poster, thank you. I agree the rucks are going to be vital. Street hasn't been in good form but yesterday he really got us going in the second quarter, something we have lacked all year which has also contributed to low clearances. We actually beat Melbourne on clearances and they have been very good even thou they have been losing. Darcy's ruck work in the second half was also good.

One disturbing trend for us has been slow to start off each quarter, so if Collingwood jump us it could make it hard.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzlh2.jpg

Where were you in 2003? obviously you haven't been a "memberforever"

member forever of the Dogs, not bigfooty:)

I think the realy danger for the dogs will be Ruckman Chris Bryan. Left field comment I know but Fraser isn't a ruckman and the Bulldogs ruck (his name escapes me all of the sudden) is superior to Fraser by far but Bryan to hold the ruck and Josh to float forward should present problems or alternatively Fraser to ruck and Bryan to push forward major issues

Great contest coming up as usual. Anyone calling it a done deal is exhibiting inexperience.

Dogs are a fine side, with a few height issues. We're a good side playing badly ATM (bad kicking is bad footy). I reckon we're pretty close on ability and potential, but because of the awkward match ups someone usually runs off with the bikkies.

We're good enough to win even if we do spray our shots. However we'll have to fight like hell againts the Dogs who have the skills and legs to beat anyone on their day.

Good call about Harry O on Johnson. No way to stop him, but Harry will give him a contest and slow him down a little. People talk up the running defenders like the Shaws and McLeod but the Pies have two of the best negating HBF's around in Maxwell and the Brazillian.

Rocca will split packs, Aker will dash but I reckon the finishing of Didak will see us home, as it did vs Carlton.

Despite the stupidity of the thread the game will be one of great interest. Lets hope 45,000 people turn up and make the game an event.

If the roof is closed the Bullies will win.

Rocca is always important for us to control.

It will be interesting to see who Holland tries to pick off this year.

We haven't played well all season and Collingwood are getting the best out of themselves.

The Dogs have alot more improvement in them, if Collingwood continue to play well they will win. Certainly the are shorter odds than us to win.

If we don't imporve our handling of the ball and decision making we will struggle.

Harris has been in AA form, and his likely matchup on Rocca will be great viewing. I don't think the Bulldogs can stop Cloke, however, and if he kicks straighter could be extremely damaging.

I genuinely think the Pies have a better than even chance, and I'm not a person who is afraid to tip against my own team.

... is that the way you respond to some one else's opinion?. Why can't I go into the game full of confidence, I don't think the Pies are that good, they are beatable and we play the Dome well.
Welcome to The Dome as we kick your ass. Get ready to play a real team pretenders.
is what you first posted. That's not an opinion, or an opinion worth publishing, that's taunting. If you want to express an opinion, then put it in a way that invites discussion and supported by facts and/or references to specifics.

You posted as you did to get a rise out of other posters. Don't pretend to be hurt, piously protesting that those who are a wake up to you are insulting you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You posted as you did to get a rise out of other posters. Don't pretend to be hurt, piously protesting that those who are a wake up to you are insulting you.

Chill out man its only a forum, I am not hurt, but don't get personal. If people don't like what I say then no need to say **** off. I have changed the original so that it suits some posters on this forum. Boy you think I am that serious that I think we are going to thump the Pies. We will win, but its going to be a close one.

Go Dogs, thats all I care about:)

Harris has been in AA form, and his likely matchup on Rocca will be great viewing. I don't think the Bulldogs can stop Cloke, however, and if he kicks straighter could be extremely damaging.

I genuinely think the Pies have a better than even chance, and I'm not a person who is afraid to tip against my own team.

This is a very even game and can go both ways. Personally, I wasn't as confident against Melbourne, but against the Pies I am expecting a win, not sure why, but then again the Pies have surprised alot of people this year.

I enjoy reading the banter these threads create memberforever.

Keep it up :thumbsu:

Maybe better off in bay 13 though

They have no-one who can go with Travis Cloke, to tall for Hargraves, too mobile for Harris (if they try it Rocca will kill them). If Travis has his kicking boot on he will take them apart.

um...well we do have Cameron Wight, who is basically Hargrave with more height. Hes 200cm (roughly), quick, agile, good in the air and has shut down key forwards in the past, including a promising performance on Tarrant last year. He can also go deep or push into the middle, even playing as our third ruck.

The game will be won in the Midfield i reckon.
we have alot of players to rotate through the midfield so that wont be a problem.
our only problem will be if our forward line can kick a bag and our team can kick a sore of about 100+ against a well drilled Collingwood outfit.

they are as good as any team when it comes to their defense and defensive pressure up the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Get Ready Pies its Good night, here come the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back