Toast Giants Coaching: the Adam Kingsley Era (Coach of the Year 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great re-signing, culture at all time high.
Tigers had to be sniffing around.

Even when we lose our tsunami style is exciting, and extremely frustrating lol, to watch.

Add to that the talented youth coming through and re-signing when we all thought we would be lol Norf for a decade.
Well deserved.

Wait until this time next season. I have lived through all the mistakes Port have made with Hinkley and don’t want to see the same mistakes at GWS

I do get the logic of that, and of course we don’t have a great record re extension for Leon.

The Leon/Ken extensions do have a spooky similarity and I think both Port/Giants still have PTSD re past extensions.

However, I do agree AK has earned this first extension.

The bar will be set very high for any future extension.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah ... let's risk losing him. No one was ever interested in Ken ... Kingsley is different

Well that is factually wrong. The suns approached Hinkleys management around 2018 and Koch panicked and signed Ken to an underserved extension. I wonder if Port approached Kingsley. I strongly doubt it.

This is an important point that supports an extension.

From memory, there’s a cap on coaching contract payouts of 6mths for clubs receiving VFL HQ support.

So, in effect, I believe our downside is limited.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Being a league owned franchise we have less power than we would like on that front.
ClockworkOrange has been reported as being correct several times. Six months payout.

I assume that relates to the final year of said contract?
Nope. If there's two years to go, still only six month payout

Well that is factually wrong. The suns approached Hinkleys management around 2018 and Koch panicked and signed Ken to an underserved extension. I wonder if Port approached Kingsley. I strongly doubt it.
Hinkley would be reasonably in demand if available.
There were rumours that someone was looking at Hinkley last year as well, can't remember who

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing win yesterday.

I just have to say how blessed we are to have Kingers as coach of this club. These last couple of weeks have shown just how damn good he is. Able to fire up the boys and willing to change things around when needed. That lack of a plan B has been issue for this side for so many years, but the way Kingers has been able to move things around on the fly and find ways to win has been inspired. Moving Daniels and TFG to the stoppages against Hawthorn last week. Sending Whitfield forward against the Lions etc.

Repurposing Bedford as a tagger and Ward as a winger (be honest would any of us even imagined those changes working?) have also been incredibly effective.

He's putting on a coaching masterclass this year.

Amazing win yesterday.

I just have to say how blessed we are to have Kingers as coach of this club. These last couple of weeks have shown just how damn good he is. Able to fire up the boys and willing to change things around when needed. That lack of a plan B has been issue for this side for so many years, but the way Kingers has been able to move things around on the fly and find ways to win has been inspired. Moving Daniels and TFG to the stoppages against Hawthorn last week. Sending Whitfield forward against the Lions etc.

Repurposing Bedford as a tagger and Ward as a winger (be honest would any of us even imagined those changes working?) have also been incredibly effective.

He's putting on a coaching masterclass this year.

I think it also shows the faith he has in the group and the faith the group have in him because if they didn't back him, I doubt it would be as effective. He's made moving some of these cogs around look so seamless and it's paid major dividends.

Wowee is all I'm going to say.

I think it also shows the faith he has in the group and the faith the group have in him because if they didn't back him, I doubt it would be as effective. He's made moving some of these cogs around look so seamless and it's paid major dividends.

Wowee is all I'm going to say.
To be honest, I wanted premiership winning Clarkson to be the replacement for McVeigh/ Cameron, rather than Richmond assistant coach Kingsley. Happy to admit I was wrong, and that Kingsley is the right coach for us. I genuinely believe that Kingsley will be our inaugural premiership winning coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Giants Coaching: the Adam Kingsley Era (Coach of the Year 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back