News Giants in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Amusing media article playing up Sherry’s role in the Oasis reconciliation

Billion-dollar company Nike had specifically told Matthews and Sheedy not to get a photo with Gallagher, and certainly not to bring up the feud with Noel.

Not only had Sheedy now done both of those two things, he was even gaining respect from the rocker for it.

“Gallagher said something like, ‘You know what, I’ve engaged five lawyers and I’m paying them a lot of money, and no one’s given me as good advice as that’,” Matthews said.

“And they just got on really, really well. It was a bizarre situation to be in.”

Matthews didn’t specify the year in which it happened, but Alex Ferguson coached Manchester United until 2013, which means it had to be before the end of that year.

And Sheedy didn’t start coaching GWS until 2012, so it had to be after then.

Now, was a conversation between Sheedy and Liam Gallagher more than 10 years ago the reason Oasis are getting back together? Unlikely.

But Sheedy can have that effect on people.

It will be vs Geelong probably, but if Hawthorn win 2 finals, it is vs Hawthorn.
I think a very small chance AFL might do it, more neutrals would go to an SCG game I think could be their reasoning.

Last edited:
It will be vs Geelong probably, but if Hawthorn win 2 finals, it is vs Hawthorn.
I think a very small chance AFL might do it, more neutrals would go to an SCG game I think could be their reasoning.

No. it will always be where the AFL thinks it will achieve the biggest attendance.

It's not enough that we all have to go to the MCG for the GF regardless of who earned home ground advantage, now they want to give up home ground advantage for the prelim as well.
I wonder if Dwayne has even been to Giants stadium.

Finals should be played at finals venues suitable for the attendance.
The Sydney Swans used to play all big games at Homebush.
Since the SCG seems to be the biggest available stadium then I'd say use the SCG.
Stadium Australia is still there. Why aren't you agitating for this week's game to be moved?

Stadium Australia is still there. Why aren't you agitating for this week's game to be moved?

I believe it would take to too much time and money to convert it back to oval configuration.
and maybe it would interfere with the NRL.
There is some problem with SA otherwise i would have suggested it even for the Swans.

Great to see the Australia wide support for the giants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe it would take to too much time and money to convert it back to oval configuration.
and maybe it would interfere with the NRL.
There is some problem with SA otherwise i would have suggested it even for the Swans.
Moving the game to the SCG would cost the Giants time and money they otherwise would not have had to spend.

Can you expand on that statement and explain exactly what moving a game to the SCG would involve
because I cannot think of anything.
You think adding 30-60 minutes travel and a completely different working environment has zero cost or time impact? Ok then.

You think adding 30-60 minutes travel and a completely different working environment has zero cost or time impact? Ok then.
You said "Moving the game to the SCG would cost the Giants time and money they otherwise would not have had to spend.

So NO, I don't think adding 30-60 minutes travel and a completely different working environment would impact cost or time significantly.

It would impact Giants fans, but travelling to the SCG is a minor blip compared to interstate games of which they are readily prepared for.

You said "Moving the game to the SCG would cost the Giants time and money they otherwise would not have had to spend.

So NO, I don't think adding 30-60 minutes travel and a completely different working environment would impact cost or time significantly.

It would impact Giants fans, but travelling to the SCG is a minor blip compared to interstate games of which they are readily prepared for.
They have earned a home ground advantage and everything that goes with it. Suggesting it's not as bad as travelling interstate is irrelevant.

You were also discussing zero impact. That's not the case and I note you're backtracking to "not significantly" now.

They have earned a home ground advantage and everything that goes with it.

Well that's what we're discussing does stadium size over rule home ground advamtage.

Suggesting it's not as bad as travelling interstate is irrelevant.

I'm am suggesting the travelling component to the SCG is insignificant.

You were also discussing zero impact. That's not the case and I note you're backtracking to "not significantly" now.

Now,now, you inserted "zero impact". I disagreed with "not significant" impact.
So the jury will disregard that last statement!

Now,now, you inserted "zero impact". I disagreed with "not significant" impact.
So the jury will disregard that last statement!
Back to the beginning:

"Moving the game to the SCG would cost the Giants time and money"

"I cannot think of anything"

So either you thought it was no impact or you were being really lazy in your thinking, given when I pointed out the fairly obvious you switched to it not "impact[ing] cost or time significantly".

OK, can we move on from the SCG argument please RedV3x & dlanod.

I don't mind someone coming in and giving a suggestion, nor that a home board member disagrees and debates. But you have now spiralled into a very ticky-tacky, wordsmithing argument that ... frankly, is mind-numbing.

Let's just worry about us beating the Swans at the SCG for now ...

Thanks! :)

:gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws:

OK, can we move on from the SCG argument please RedV3x & dlanod.

I don't mind someone coming in and giving a suggestion, nor that a home board member disagrees and debates. But you have now spiralled into a very ticky-tacky, wordsmithing argument that ... frankly, is mind-numbing.

Let's just worry about us beating the Swans at the SCG for now ...

Thanks! :)

:gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws: :gws:
IMG_1859.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

News Giants in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back